What a bunch of crap!

DarthSoth

I don't get it. I did everything I could to piss off Heck and had him at -7 animosity and he still wouldn't turn on me for the "Never Trust a Sociopath" achievement.

Then did the same for Marburg and he still bailed and wouldn't let me kill him so I missed the "Youth Trumps Experience" achievement. So very frustrating. I am so pissed right now. I was trying to do this on Hard so it hasn't exactly been a lot of fun to this point anyway. That just rubs salt in the wound when those achievements didn't pop as I was expecting them to.

I have a feeling I might end up missing the "No Time For Love" achievement as well. I've got a genuine dislike from Madison and Scarlet, hatred from Mina, and neutral for SIE. but I think I missed a Madison scene since she didn't attack me. What a frustrating playthrough this has been. And I am definitely not going back to retry entire cities on hard to go for them again. see how pissed off the game has me by the end to see if I will be going for an easy play to go for the remaining cheevos.

I think you're fine with No Time For Love, so long as you don't have sex with Madison

As for Never Trust a Sociopath, a big thing that it seems gets missed is that you need someone else to be your handler. You need to go to Russia first and not piss off SIE or Albatross, so that way the game can register Heck as not the only person available as the handler

I think you're fine with No Time For Love, so long as you don't have sex with Madison

As for Never Trust a Sociopath, a big thing that it seems gets missed is that you need someone else to be your handler. You need to go to Russia first and not piss off SIE or Albatross, so that way the game can register Heck as not the only person available as the handler

Albatross likes me and Sie is neutral to me. So I definitely have handler options. I don't get it with Heck. His attitude towards me was outright hostile. I thought I had his achievement in the bag fro sure. Then he stuns me by saying he likes me and didn't sell me out. The Jerk.

Albatross likes me and Sie is neutral to me. So I definitely have handler options. I don't get it with Heck. His attitude towards me was outright hostile. I thought I had his achievement in the bag fro sure. Then he stuns me by saying he likes me and didn't sell me out. The Jerk.

Couldn't tell you then. I got the achievable without even trying.

You must be doing something wrong or its your 360 having a problem.

It actually sounds more like a glitch with the game itself, though maybe he is doing something wrong.

Let's see... to piss off Heck you need the following: A) One person (Albatross or SIE) to be ready to be your handler in the final mission. B) To have a negative standing with Heck. Usually by using aggressive responsive (I think.), not going to him first in Taipei and by not deleting him from that computer. I believe that's all you need to do, though I guess a full Dossier would help.

Edit: As for Youth Trumps Experience, I beleive another thread found out that a big factor is that you have to use mostly suave responses for everything up until you meet Marburg.

It actually sounds more like a glitch with the game itself, though maybe he is doing something wrong.

Let's see... to piss off Heck you need the following: A) One person (Albatross or SIE) to be ready to be your handler in the final mission. B) To have a negative standing with Heck. Usually by using aggressive responsive (I think.), not going to him first in Taipei and by not deleting him from that computer. I believe that's all you need to do, though I guess a full Dossier would help.

Edit: As for Youth Trumps Experience, I beleive another thread found out that a big factor is that you have to use mostly suave responses for everything up until you meet Marburg.

Yeah I did all of that and more for both.

For Heck I left him until last. Went to warehouse, then hong, then killed the triad, then met Hong again then went to Heck. -2 right off the bat. then used all professional responses (which he hates. Aggressive will net you a positive with him every so often.) to build up more animosity. left his data intact and was aggressive with his email. by the end of Taipei he was at -7 with me so he should have flipped on me at the end.

Marburg was all suave all the way and he was at I think -7 as well by the end of the final Rome mission. Neither of them make any sense to me as to why neither popped for me.

I did just get Judge Jury and executioner on hard rookie so I was pretty happy about that one. And no time for love also popped for me too.

Another irritating non achievement was ready for anything. I had the Be Prepared Perk and still had the last 4 moscow missions to do. That was another one I was sure I had in the bag.

For Heck I left him until last. Went to warehouse, then hong, then killed the triad, then met Hong again then went to Heck. -2 right off the bat. then used all professional responses (which he hates. Aggressive will net you a positive with him every so often.) to build up more animosity. left his data intact and was aggressive with his email. by the end of Taipei he was at -7 with me so he should have flipped on me at the end.

Marburg was all suave all the way and he was at I think -7 as well by the end of the final Rome mission. Neither of them make any sense to me as to why neither popped for me.

I did just get Judge Jury and executioner on hard rookie so I was pretty happy about that one. And no time for love also popped for me too.

Another irritating non achievement was ready for anything. I had the Be Prepared Perk and still had the last 4 moscow missions to do. That was another one I was sure I had in the bag.

The Heck one is indeed odd, and I have no clue why that didn't unlock.

Not sure about how true this is, but I believe that Marburg was also a factor of how much intel you have on him.

Not sure about what's needed for Ready for Anything, didn't get that one.

For the Marburg achievement, you MUST have used mostly "suave" responses all the way through the game not just with Marburg. His actually dislike with you isn't nearly as important as using "suave" in conversations with EVERYBODY else in the game. I had him at -6 and several people had it only at -4. The game code for the PC version confirms that there is a variable set based on total "suave" response percentage before the final mission with Marburg. I think you also need 83% dossier, but that isn't confirmed.

are you sure that Albatros and SIE are alive and stuff? I mean Heck achievement is one of the easier ones. Plus replaying game with Veteran background is fun and ez. AP has almost endless supply of choices that you can try on each playthrough. I finished this game about 4-5 times already,