Infinite rivalry points for Sebastian

TheFalcon

Just found a nice little glitch to get infinite rival points with Sebastian. This will get you the Rival achievement and will also get you the Loyalty of the Prince achievement when the DLC achievements are fixed.

At the end of the 2nd Sebastian quest, Repentence, you will have to go back to the Chantry and speak to Sebastian to finish the quest. When you get back to the Chantry, do not speak to Sebastian. Instead, go speak to Grand Cleric Elthina in the center of the room. Choose the dialogue option "You're useless" to get +5 rivalry points with Sebastian. Speak to the Grand Cleric again and repeat until you max out his rivalry. Only took me about 2 minutes to take him from half friend to full rival.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Um, not working for me - I just tried it and it was working, but I noticed his loyalty wasnt going to rival fast enough - then I realized it stopped giving me rival points altogether. I had made a save right before going in the Chantry just in case something happened and I reloaded the save to see what would happen and it only gives me one +5 rival and thats it. Now the guide doesn't say anything about getting this achievement the legit way (which isnt a good guide if you ask me) so what do I do now?

Um, not working for me - I just tried it and it was working, but I noticed his loyalty wasnt going to rival fast enough - then I realized it stopped giving me rival points altogether. I had made a save right before going in the Chantry just in case something happened and I reloaded the save to see what would happen and it only gives me one +5 rival and thats it. Now the guide doesn't say anything about getting this achievement the legit way (which isnt a good guide if you ask me) so what do I do now?

It was patched. You can delete the update and play offline to use the exploit, or you can just play the game normally. Getting full friendship or rivalry with him isn't too tough, honestly.

It was patched. You can delete the update and play offline to use the exploit, or you can just play the game normally. Getting full friendship or rivalry with him isn't too tough, honestly.

Thanks a lot for responding Inebriated Jedi - appreciate it. I had made a save at that spot - but I just figured I would try the normal way to get him to friendship status like you suggested. I just wish people who wrote these guides would take everything into consideration when completing them, like including both how to get an achievement a legit way or a glitch way, if there is one. Again thanks for replying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As I just said in the other thread about this: Delete your system cache (not DLC) and start the game when not logged into Xbox Live, you will get a MSG saying that while playing offline you can't access online content, accept and load your game...

BTW to delete your system cache go to system settings > memory > hit "Y" > then select "clear system cache"

Also, don't forget to re-download any DLC you deleted before doing this.

Edited by gealt

As I just said in the other thread about this: Delete your system cache (not DLC) and start the game when not logged into Xbox Live, you will get a MSG saying that while playing offline you can't access online content, accept and load your game...

BTW to delete your system cache go to system settings > memory > hit "Y" > then select "clear system cache"

Also, don't forget to re-download any DLC you deleted before doing this.

Well, what you wrote is exactly what I do, the difference is that when I play offline and that MSG pops up about not accessing the online content I also accept, but then I am back at the loading screen cause another MSG says it can't load any savegame with online parts in it... Any other suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

I too fount that i couldn't do it due to the patch but I went on the dragon age 2 wiki and fount out what to say with Sebastian in my team to get the rivalry points i needed, cause i needed to get the rivalry achievemetn done as well

Edited by Darth Rinoa
re-organizing of words

• 6 months later...

Here's a question: I know they fixed this glitch in the patch to where you can't even load a save game that's post patch without it. But what if I delete my cache, and play offline up to that point in the story and try the glitch. Does anyone know if this will work?

I pretty much just need the Sebastian Rivalry and main quest rivalry cheevos, so I think I can power through Act 1 in a few hours with a brand new character.

Thoughts on this plan?