Easy way to kill Dreamrunners?

Ctrl Alt Defeat

Right, but the video shows only a one-on-one scenario. Ctrl Alt Defeat was asking about taking on multiple Dreamrunners at the same time. Or, at least, with other enemies, depending on how one parses the OP.

The person that made that video also has a walkthrough for every mission on DMD. The OP or anyone else needing help should check them out. If all else fails just pop a devil star and use DT easy.

What I like to do is:

-If there are 1-3 enemies along with Dreamrunner, I use Aquila's LT+B attack on the other enemies and focus on dodging and hitting Dreamrunner.

-If there are 4+ enemies along with Dreamrunner, I use DT and quickly target Dreamrunner

-If there are 2 Dreamrunners, or maybe even more, quickly use DT, no matter how many enemies are along with them and try to kill the Dreamrunners as fast as possible.

I'm still playing through DMD as I type, but the above has helped me get through the Dreamrunners on SOS with no problems :)

[Edit] - Also, Dreamrunners can kill themselves if they teleport out in the air and fly off the ground

Edited by AzTIcA

I find the witches to be more a pain then the dreamrunners.

Does anyone else feel like the angelic weapons are under powered compared to the demonic ones? I can kill rages in about 5 to 6 hits with a demoic weapon, but the angelic one takes forever!

I do feel like this!

but I think it's because the angelic weapons are meant for more crowd control and demon weapons are meant for pure damage.

And I will try to use that guy's walkthrough because DMD is harder than I anticipated.

Edited by Ctrl Alt Defeat

These are the only enemies that are giving me trouble on DMD.

Alone they aren't that bad, but grouped together with others that can be a pain.

Is there a easy surefire way to kill these guys quick?

Very easy way to kill them.

1) Jump and run away until they teleport

2) Hold Y (shockwave attack) with the Revenant (normal sword)

3) When the Dreamrunner's hole reappears, shockwave him immediately, then follow up with two other shocks

4) Follow up with the basic triple-Y combo with the Revenant

5) When the Dreamrunner is back on his feet, repeat step 1.

Easy!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My tip is shoot him with ebony and ivory and as he is deflecting the bullets demon pull and then do another demon pull hit him a couple times and try to get him in the air and finish your barrage with air strikes and finish with helm breaker. Then rinse and repeat. Don't use your Ariel rave move as after a few hits he can counter and get you. I only used rebellion on him. Another way is with obritor(Spelling?) just keep hitting him with it when he counters just angel evade or jump then use helm breaker him with rebellion.

Very easy way to kill them.

1) Jump and run away until they teleport

2) Hold Y (shockwave attack) with the Rebellion (normal sword)

3) When the Dreamrunner's hole reappears, shockwave him immediately, then follow up with two other shocks

4) Follow up with the basic triple-Y combo with the Rebellion

5) When the Dreamrunner is back on his feet, repeat step 1.

Easy!

FIXED also the revenant is the shotgun. I don't think you can smack him with a shotgun. Plus 3x Y attack with the revenant? There is no Y attack with the revenant, as stated its a shotgun.

• 1 month later...

Also keep in mind that the only time an enemy attacks is when they are in the picture. I try to corner one of them and keep the other one out of the picture. It may seem like they attack when they're out of the picture, but it's because the attack started while they were in view. This comes in very handy with several Titans and Sawblade guys.

• 5 months later...

Use Osiris ---

Works perfect for me against Dreamrunners, Witches and the Ripper Enemies with the Bubble in their middle that makes them look like Krank from the Hero Turtles, dont know the name. ;)

If the Dreamrunner teleports, as soon as his portal opens up press LT+B for the spinning attack, twice if you messed up the timing. He will jump into it and be vulnerable for Demon Pull and a nice Eryx Combo or Drive attack. If he counters - evade and knock against his guard with Eryx or Osiris, sometimes he will open it for some more strikes before teleporting again. If there are 2 of them you need to be a bit more carefully but it will also work. If its save use Arbiter for higher damage.

When there are other enemies around, pull them towards you with Aquila Y,Y Pause Y combo and use Eryx jump + hold B earthquake move or Arbiters B to push them in the air. Try to adjust the camera against you with your back to the wall. Demon Evade will help you killing the small enemies faster.

Osiris circular spin deflects also the swords of the witch, knocking her out for a while and making her vulnerable and it deflects the Ripper Blades of "Krank" every time (except the high ones, but they will miss you).

Yeah I know, you can deflect all these attacks with Rebellion or any other weapon too ... but the Osiris move is foolprove and you nearly need no timing to have success.

• 2 months later...