realistic glitch, what i did after no pop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK just played through on the last two levels on realistic and the acheeve popped just before the cutscene with Vic talking about family.

I DID NOT clear my cache just restarted . . .

From what I have been reading on this forum and others it sounds like anyone that restarted the check point to either kill or spare Tom Reed caused this glitch for themselves. I did this as well and I'm pretty sure that's what caused it . . .

All good now!

From what I have been reading on this forum and others it sounds like anyone that restarted the check point to either kill or spare Tom Reed caused this glitch for themselves. I did this as well and I'm pretty sure that's what caused it . . .

Achievement glitched for me and i didn't restart for the other Reed Achievement =(

My dilemma is that I didn't restart the checkpoint to kill Tom Reed & I still didn't get the achievement. My problem is probably related to the fact that earlier on in the game, I was having difficulty beating a certain level on Realistic, so I moved the difficulty down to the lowest just because I was aggravated. After I beat the mission, I realized the stupidity of the option I had just chosen, SO.....I went back and tried my hardest and FINALLY beat the mission on Realistic. I continued playing on that save & finished out the campaign. I have all the levels beaten on Realistic, yet still no achievement. I know the general consensus is to replay the last 2 missions on realistic, but I was thinking, that really doesn't relate to the mistake I made. Im being lazy & not wanting to try this. My thought is that i'm going to have to replay the campaign on realistic from where I stopped the first time to lower the difficulty. if you guys have any advice for me, I'm all ears.

P.S. sorry for the inconvenience of reading this long and drawn out reply. I just figured I had a unique situation compared to the others on this forum.

thanks again

may have been posted already but I will post this here anyway. This is fromthe official Ubi-forums

Mr_Shade

UK Forum Manager

http://forums.ubi.com/evefiles/avatars/1/6/4/1641055708/avatar.png

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/ver1.3.5.2147483647/platform_images/blank.gifPosted Mon April 19 2010 04:10 Hi Guys,

We’re working hard on eliminating the bug that is preventing people from getting the “Realistic Difficulty” achievement for Splinter Cell Conviction (Complete Single Player Story on Realistic Difficulty).

While we can’t discuss timing right now we can confirm that this issue will be fixed in the next title update for SCC.

The fix will automatically detect if you’ve already finished the game on Realistic difficulty and award you with the missing achievement. This means you will not need to play through the single-player campaign a second time after the update comes out, it’ll all be handled automatically.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

may have been posted already but I will post this here anyway. This is fromthe official Ubi-forums

Damn It!!

First time through the achievement didn't pop, but U-PLAY did!

Last night I played through the last 2 levels, online without clearing cache,

and it popped after I killed Reed.

The auto-detect is a nice touch though!

More developer's need to employ this for glitchy achievements!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all...I have tried clearing my cache and playing the last two levels, as well as not clearing my cache, installing the update, and playing the last two levels. Still no pop. Any suggestions? Does it have anything to do with killing Tom Reed/letting him live?

I originally did beat it all the way through on Realistic. However, no pop. Then I tried clearing the cache and playing last two, no pop. Re-installed the update, played the last two, no pop. I want to trade this game back in and it's the last achievement I need!!! HELP

Same to me here.

I played the entire gameb on realistic and the achievement didn't pop up.

The 40G Uplay achievement did!

I hope ubi fix this issue as soon as possible. I don't want to play entire game on realistic again... Even the 2 last chapters...

Thanks for the tip!

I thought I would test this last two level method, but without deleting the cache. I can confirm that it worked for me just by replaying the last two levels in sequence.

Goto scene select and choose Downtown District on realistic. Play from that point until the end and it will pop before the credits. No need for deleting cache or offline play.

Please could someone else test this and confirm it works for them too.

I can confirm this worked for me as well. :)

OK just played through on the last two levels on realistic and the acheeve popped just before the cutscene with Vic talking about family.

I DID NOT clear my cache just restarted . . .

All good now!

Nope, worked fine for me.