MAGPIE achievement (Total clues)

MADxMONK3Y NL

Just to add to the numbers being given, per my official stats in the game and on R*'s Social Club, I have found 232 clues (still missing a few here and there in various cases) so far, and have completed the story, and it popped for me when I found number 232 during the last case. So you want to shoot for 230 or around there to get the Magpie achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

I completed the game with 227 and no dice on the achievement popping. I went to the last case via the cases menu and completed it again, and it says I have 7 clues found. So then I went to the last case via resume and it starts me at the beginning of the car chase, where I have no opportunity to to search Dr. Fontaine's office or Tex's shack. Anyone else having this problem or know how I can get my few more clues for the achievement?

There are 242 clues in the game.

95% of 242 is roughly 230, so thats where you'll get it.

I got it during the last case, and I missed a couple in one other case

I completed the game with 227 and no dice on the achievement popping. I went to the last case via the cases menu and completed it again, and it says I have 7 clues found. So then I went to the last case via resume and it starts me at the beginning of the car chase, where I have no opportunity to to search Dr. Fontaine's office or Tex's shack. Anyone else having this problem or know how I can get my few more clues for the achievement?

You have to start the case again. Go to it through "Cases" on the main menu

If you follow a guide all the way through (I used lanoiregaming.com before I found the one on here.) you usually get it on the last mission just outside Dr. Fontaine's office where you inspect the morphine. Me and my brother both got it there, it might have been coincidence but I don't no. (:

So strange. Everyone tells different numbers.

According to stats given in the pause menu, I got it in last mission when i hit 217 clues. So its glitchy somehow for the total numbers.

Yeah its weird hey. I counted them on the Social club, and it seemed to add up to 238 in total... but that may have just been bad math on my part :p

If you follow a guide all the way through (I used lanoiregaming.com before I found the one on here.) you usually get it on the last mission just outside Dr. Fontaine's office where you inspect the morphine. Me and my brother both got it there, it might have been coincidence but I don't no. (:

Yea that is where i got mine, and others to. i guess its safe to say use a guide and that's where you'll unlock it.

• 1 month later...

So, umm, I completed the entire game and didn't get this achievement so I looked in my stats. 21/21 Story Cases Completed and it had me at 1 Total Clue Found... I've since replayed a couple cases and now it says 18 Clues Found... Wtf, I beat the game already...

So, umm, I completed the entire game and didn't get this achievement so I looked in my stats. 21/21 Story Cases Completed and it had me at 1 Total Clue Found... I've since replayed a couple cases and now it says 18 Clues Found... Wtf, I beat the game already...

Where you even looking for clues at all? id say just use a guide so you dont waste anymore time... because it makes no sense playing the whole game and then have only found 1 clue. this is my first time hearing such a thing...

Where you even looking for clues at all? id say just use a guide so you dont waste anymore time... because it makes no sense playing the whole game and then have only found 1 clue. this is my first time hearing such a thing...

I was obviously looking for clues, would it have even been possible to complete the game without any of them? The game just didn't keep track of them apparently...

• 1 month later...

I've just had this too. Completed the story, and I had a total of 227 clues found and no Magpie achievement. I then went back to replay the first story case because I only got 4 stars on it (because I really didn't know what I was doing at the time!) and the clue counter reset to 1. I finished the case finding all clues and the counter still only says 14 even though I've gone back to the free roam on the third disc to do a few street crime sidequests.

So I don't know if I've got to replay every case and find 95% of all clues again to get this achievement, or if it'll randomly unlock if I replay some cases and find a few clues that I missed in my first playthrough. :(

I've just had this too. Completed the story, and I had a total of 227 clues found and no Magpie achievement. I then went back to replay the first story case because I only got 4 stars on it (because I really didn't know what I was doing at the time!) and the clue counter reset to 1. I finished the case finding all clues and the counter still only says 14 even though I've gone back to the free roam on the third disc to do a few street crime sidequests.

So I don't know if I've got to replay every case and find 95% of all clues again to get this achievement, or if it'll randomly unlock if I replay some cases and find a few clues that I missed in my first playthrough. :(

Well that's odd, the achievement actually unlocked whilst I was replaying the next case and interviewing a witness :)

• 1 month later...

Does it also count the DLC clues? I have the official strategy guide, played the DLC in order (to be more precize; I bought the DLC and all the stuff before starting any game, and followed all the content in order while playing missions) and I have 273 clues, missing one on the Pink of the slip case and one on the Golden Butterfly case.

• 4 weeks later...