Fastest way to earn more XP for your Ranks!

The fastest way I did to earn XP rank is Chapter 1: Mission 4: DitchSlap on Inferno. I was Rank 4, and had the bots with me. Killed Hectors, Ants, and Spiders before the tunnel...took me about 10-15K in that first part. Now, I killed two bots before blew the tunnel up. I went in and bombed 2 anthills and leave one anthill alive to keep ants respawn. I went back in the beginning of the tunnel where the water flown at, set up the plasma turret and using Homing Missiles to shoot the ants. The problem here is the max XP is 65,550. It will not go up anymore. I don't know if it is this specific level or all levels. After it stopped 65,550, I went back to the bots to revived them and finished it. It took me less than 30 minutes to get that 65K XP.

I haven't test out on any missions to farm for more XP except Chapter 1: Mission 4: Ditchslap so feel free to post your XP guides!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fastest way I did to earn XP rank is Chapter 1: Mission 4: DitchSlap on Inferno. I was Rank 4, and had the bots with me. Killed Hectors, Ants, and Spiders before the tunnel...took me about 10-15K in that first part. Now, I killed two bots before blew the tunnel up. I went in and bombed 2 anthills and leave one anthill alive to keep ants respawn. I went back in the beginning of the tunnel where the water flown at, set up the plasma turret and using Homing Missiles to shoot the ants. The problem here is the max XP is 65,550. It will not go up anymore. I don't know if it is this specific level or all levels. After it stopped 65,550, I went back to the bots to revived them and finished it. It took me less than 30 minutes to get that 65K XP.

I haven't test out on any missions to farm for more XP except Chapter 1: Mission 4: Ditchslap so feel free to post your XP guides!

I think the real problem here is that cannot be done in 30 minutes, specially with level 4 weapons since it does take forever to kill anything on inferno... IMO i honestly think even if you didn't get swarmed took you at least 30 minutes just to kill one Hector. even with level 7 weapons it takes a good pounding to kill anything.

Yes, it can be done which is why you have to equipped with Assault Rifle with Auto Locks, Homing Missles gun, and a Plasma turret ready for Tactical Armor only. It will come handy with a Plasma turret, trust me. I said it took me 30 mins aproximately to farming ants from one ant hill to reach 65K xp because you would reach between 10k-15k before bomb the tunnel. You can have your 2 friends to help you out and everyone takes a turn to do that in order to get fastest xp. If you using other armors, have someone use Tatctical Armor for turret in case of back up.

My best suggestion to do this after Rank 5 because it takes a long time to get to Rank 8 and better power weapons.

That is depends on what weapons from Armors you would be using against Hector. You making it sound like it coming from Large Hector which it does takes a long time to take it down.

But it doesn't have to be on Inferno, you could try on Hard but I cant say it if all difficulty scoring max the same like 65,550xp on Inferno. Like I said, feel free to bring your ideas and different levels to do this.

Edited by Motorexskygtr32

So if you took 30 minutes just to farm, that's about 45-50 minutes for the whole level?

On that level (solo, Inferno, with AI) I got nearly 23k without farming at all. Took maybe 20 minutes total. Just running it, you could do three in an hour for 69k. So for an extra ten minutes time, you'd get about the same experience, but triple the weapon drops.

So if you took 30 minutes just to farm, that's about 45-50 minutes for the whole level?

On that level (solo, Inferno, with AI) I got nearly 23k without farming at all. Took maybe 20 minutes total. Just running it, you could do three in an hour for 69k. So for an extra ten minutes time, you'd get about the same experience, but triple the weapon drops.

Hmm....I didn't think of that. I guess there is no point of farming since pretty much both are amount to same in time wise but I don't know if 65K is the max, though. I don't think there would be no reason to do this so it's useless. You are right. :)

Well.....I've been using Chapter 1 Mission 1 to farm XP. I'm on Rank 2 at the moment about to hit Rank 3. You have to consider, though, I got the game yesterday. lol

Also, I tried 1.1 on Hard just to see what it was like and......wow!!!!! It was really tough. I'm not sure if the ants grew in number or if it was just because they were harder to kill. However, I did, finally, make it through the level even though I died numerous times. But, thank goodness that the AI bots are good at reviving you. Plus, the Hector bot was a real pain to kill on Hard.

Anyways, I think I'm going to continue to play on Normal and farm XP till I get to at least Rank 4 before I attempt Hard again. I hate to see what Inferno is going to be like. Ughhhhh!!!!

I posted this in the achievement guide but it's really applicable to this thread too.

I've found (I think) a nice little way to farm weapon drops. If you do mission 3-1 in remixed campaign mode you'll eventually come to a carrier. The carrier in the remix mode always seems to launch the upgraded (metal) wasps. Each of those wasps has a chance to drop a weapon. This means that you can sit there and farm the wasps as long as you want so long as you leave the carrier alone.

Perhaps a good idea would be to run this expolit until you get capped on experience and then finish the level and start over. This way you're maximizing your time by getting both XP and drops.

The only thing I want to know is if anyone else is getting the same result in the remix campaign. I've heard enemies are randomized. If this is true then I might just be getting lucky and the wasp dropping carrier may not show consistently.

I posted this in the achievement guide but it's really applicable to this thread too.

I've found (I think) a nice little way to farm weapon drops. If you do mission 3-1 in remixed campaign mode you'll eventually come to a carrier. The carrier in the remix mode always seems to launch the upgraded (metal) wasps. Each of those wasps has a chance to drop a weapon. This means that you can sit there and farm the wasps as long as you want so long as you leave the carrier alone.

Perhaps a good idea would be to run this expolit until you get capped on experience and then finish the level and start over. This way you're maximizing your time by getting both XP and drops.

The only thing I want to know is if anyone else is getting the same result in the remix campaign. I've heard enemies are randomized. If this is true then I might just be getting lucky and the wasp dropping carrier may not show consistently.

Ditchslap (not on remix) also has carriers which release infinite wasps until destroyed. Regular wasps are elite enemies and so also have a chance to drop weapons.

Also the best place to get the Wasp achievement :woop:

I pretty much did this technique except for a few differences. I used the Trooper first on Hard, then I had a strong enough rocket launcher that would kill the emerging ants from the anthill within 1 - 2 shots.

After I killed off the bots, I would then rubber band my right trigger and have him shoot the hill at a safe distance. Then I would go to sleep ^_^

Also shooting the first ant hill in the tunnel, the one at the dead end, seems to work the best since the walls keep the ants from bouncing around from the explosions.

So basically after I was done playing, I would just leave my xbox on with the rubberband trick and just sleep since playing on both Easy and Hard takes quite some time to reach 65,500 XP

I pretty much did this technique except for a few differences. I used the Trooper first on Hard, then I had a strong enough rocket launcher that would kill the emerging ants from the anthill within 1 - 2 shots.

After I killed off the bots, I would then rubber band my right trigger and have him shoot the hill at a safe distance. Then I would go to sleep ^_^

Also shooting the first ant hill in the tunnel, the one at the dead end, seems to work the best since the walls keep the ants from bouncing around from the explosions.

So basically after I was done playing, I would just leave my xbox on with the rubberband trick and just sleep since playing on both Easy and Hard takes quite some time to reach 65,500 XP

Works well with auto locking missles.

Rocket launcher would work well too, I imagine.

Tactical does this well.

Trooper would do it well.

Battle could probably do it well.

Jet may can do it when I buy the 250000 rocket launcher that doesn't lock on to carbon lifeforms, just fire it straight. I'll test it tomorrow.

No need to kill the bots. I use them as a safety net. Bots follow you. Exit the tunnel and they'll hang out with you. Only time they'll fire is if an ant escapes your barrage. If you die, they'll bring you back. I doubt they'll die at the same time, so they can keep each other up. Ensures a stray ant doesn't get you while you're asleep and ruin the whole process.

Leveling up takes forever, and I know there's no weapon drops, I can solve that later. For now, this will help at least get rank 7, probably 8 as well.

Good tips though. Thanks for the advice.

Works well with auto locking missles.

Rocket launcher would work well too, I imagine.

Tactical does this well.

Trooper would do it well.

Battle could probably do it well.

Jet may can do it when I buy the 250000 rocket launcher that doesn't lock on to carbon lifeforms, just fire it straight. I'll test it tomorrow.

No need to kill the bots. I use them as a safety net. Bots follow you. Exit the tunnel and they'll hang out with you. Only time they'll fire is if an ant escapes your barrage. If you die, they'll bring you back. I doubt they'll die at the same time, so they can keep each other up. Ensures a stray ant doesn't get you while you're asleep and ruin the whole process.

Leveling up takes forever, and I know there's no weapon drops, I can solve that later. For now, this will help at least get rank 7, probably 8 as well.

Good tips though. Thanks for the advice.

Whenever I kept the bots alive..... ugh.... they were the reason I would die!

I set up my guy one day, went to bed and woke up to find myself dead, so I tried it again and was reading while the game went on in the background so I could check up on it.

The stupid frickin bots PURPOSELY run IN FRONT of my rocket laucher! But I suppose using the auto locking rockets would prevent this if setup correctly, but I still don't trust those dip dong bots alive while boosting incase they decide to do something really stupid.

Yeah, I noticed they did this as soon as ants respawn from the anthill. They would running toward to the middle where you shoot which is stupid. They could have stay back and shoot but for some reason they didn't in this ditchslap tunnel.

This is why I stated this before that they have to be killed before blow the tunnel up but that's up to everyone's choice.

Whenever I kept the bots alive..... ugh.... they were the reason I would die!

I set up my guy one day, went to bed and woke up to find myself dead, so I tried it again and was reading while the game went on in the background so I could check up on it.

The stupid frickin bots PURPOSELY run IN FRONT of my rocket laucher! But I suppose using the auto locking rockets would prevent this if setup correctly, but I still don't trust those dip dong bots alive while boosting incase they decide to do something really stupid.

Yeah. I woke up this morning to 65,550 xp...but I was dead. Not sure why, but I guess they ran in front of me. Morons. You'd think they could keep each other alive. I'm trying this on stage 1-1, the 2nd ant hill with a rocket launcher. It's not as efficient, but I haven't seen the bots move at all. So we'll see.

Yeah. I woke up this morning to 65,550 xp...but I was dead. Not sure why, but I guess they ran in front of me. Morons. You'd think they could keep each other alive. I'm trying this on stage 1-1, the 2nd ant hill with a rocket launcher. It's not as efficient, but I haven't seen the bots move at all. So we'll see.

On level 1-1 I was doing the rubber band thing for some time on the first anthill, way far in the distance. it seemed to work but I didn't do it overnite.

I used this method:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLz7oIl4trU]YouTube - ‪Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon Ranking up trick‬‏[/ame]

On level 1-1 I was doing the rubber band thing for some time on the first anthill, way far in the distance. it seemed to work but I didn't do it overnite.

I use the 2nd ant hill. It seems to have a faster spawn. Works well with auto locking missiles, as well as rocket launchers. With the rocket launcher, just stand waaaaaaaay back (near the edge of the screen) and aim just over the ant hill, where you're hitting the wall in the distance. They'll very rarely get close to you, in which the NPC's will finish them off. Otherwise, you'll hit them as they're coming out of the hole and when they cross over.

I went from rank 7 to 8 as Jet with this method, using a rocket launcher on Inferno, never got hit while doing it. Also went from 3-5 with Trooper using their rocket launchers.

just a word to those trying to do more with less. DON'T push the limits.. if you can not go through the level, don't keep going back to it tilll you go up one or 2 levels. Friend has it and keeps trying DITCHSLAP... he's played it about 20 times and hasn't got through it on inferno....ALL that time wasted, when he could of done and previous chapter and got the credits.

just a word to those trying to do more with less. DON'T push the limits.. if you can not go through the level, don't keep going back to it tilll you go up one or 2 levels. Friend has it and keeps trying DITCHSLAP... he's played it about 20 times and hasn't got through it on inferno....ALL that time wasted, when he could of done and previous chapter and got the credits.

I understand his frustration here. My tips here for whoever start with the lowest rank on any armors...start with Level 1-1 for now until Tier 5 then start work on Ditchslap on Hard or Level 1-1 either way.

I went from rank 7 to 8 as Jet with this method, using a rocket launcher on Inferno, never got hit while doing it. Also went from 3-5 with Trooper using their rocket launchers.

Which weapon did you use for the Jet? Does Jet have heat seeking missles? I'm sorry if this an easy question - I haven't played Jet yet, and want to help level my wife (who has now fallen drastically behind).

Which weapon did you use for the Jet? Does Jet have heat seeking missles? I'm sorry if this an easy question - I haven't played Jet yet, and want to help level my wife (who has now fallen drastically behind).

with Jet there's a 'brand' of Missile Launchers called Goatstrikes, I use those most often.

I am at Rank 6 for Trooper, his grenade launchers, missiles launchers and rocket launchers suck. It takes forever to kill ants on Inferno and sometime when hit them, they roll back or fly off and still alive. I really don't like his style or his weapons at all. Any suggestions?

I am at Rank 6 for Trooper, his grenade launchers, missiles launchers and rocket launchers suck. It takes forever to kill ants on Inferno and sometime when hit them, they roll back or fly off and still alive. I really don't like his style or his weapons at all. Any suggestions?

At Trooper T6 I was using the Hammurabi LAW Mk. 5 ... which isn't really that great, but it was pretty much the only option.

I liked using the Gorgona series a lot more, but I'm not sure if there is no T6 version or it's just a drop I haven't found yet.

At Trooper T6 I was using the Hammurabi LAW Mk. 5 ... which isn't really that great, but it was pretty much the only option.

I liked using the Gorgona series a lot more, but I'm not sure if there is no T6 version or it's just a drop I haven't found yet.

If you notice in Survival when you get to play as Trooper and you have options to choose which weapons to get in survival mode, right? All of these weapons are mixed from 4 different armors' weapons. It pissed me off that I was thinking, Yay...this missles launcher I likes from Survival would be in Trooper for the story but no...that missles launcher is from Tactical! I am at Rank 7 for Trooper and still don't like his style or weapon...he sucks, IMO. Can't wait to max him out then play Jet for the last one to get Lifer achievement.

Pro-tip:

3-3

1. Play until the three hills (two ant, one spider) spawn.

2. Go the distance. (Get the hell away from them.)

3. Auto-locking missile/rocket launcher. (There is a suitable one for all classes.)

4. Tie down trigger and follow Elvis. (Leave the building/whatever.)

5. Return later.

6. ???

7. PROFIT.

Reason I like this spot is you also get spider kills. Plus, there are 3 hills instead of one. Just be careful not to stand too close to the back of the level because Kicker and Cyrus are damn retarded and get stuck on that back wall somehow until you blow them away from it with explosives.