Where is the DLC content?

DarkShadowSabre

i noticed yesterday that the dlc was gone, shikamaru is still obtainable though when you check through the game disc. anyone email ubisoft or microsoft about this yet. also it was taken off as a game on demand.

and reading another thread in regards to trying to get the dlc characters achievements to be fixed, i find it strange that the game and dlc acts like it was never on the game marketplace

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have emailed ubisoft for an explanation. And got some bad news.

They simply replied: "The downloadable content for Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, is no longer supported by Ubisoft or Microsoft. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

I can't believe how lazy of a decision that was. They didn't bother to fix the glitches, they just simply threw it away... Extremely disappointing that you can't 100% the game anymore, seeing as its a pretty easy one to do. Oh well though. Broken Bond is better anyways. Time to go pick that one up again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The fact the achievements are glitched has nothing to do with why the DLC was removed. It's just that the license to create/sell Naruto games is no longer held by Ubi but now Namco. And no Namco doesn't have anything to with Naruto: Rise of the Ninja as it's still essentially Ubi product(though a discontinued one).

So what happens is Ubi is no longer allowed to create more discs (or allow downloads) of something they no longer have the rights to.

This happens in all forms of industry today, not just video games.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...