Snipers too weak?

I seriously think this is an issue. My normal set-up consists of an FMJ Intervention with Stopping Power. In my honest opinion this should be a one hit kill anywhere it hits, with the exception of it hitting an arm or leg. Thing that really teared the string for me was today in S&D on Terminal we gained a UAV. I saw a guy in the plane, decoded his position and shot him through the side of the plane and he sponged it. Came out the back of the plane all guns blazing and killed me. Really?

For one i have FMJ on, which in my opinion should nullify the decrease in bullet damage when penetrating an object, espcially through something as thin as that. In the game a guy caught me through the corner of the marble wall with the same set-up as me and killed me. Pretty unfair if you ask me.

Second of all i had Stopping Power on. A gun that nearly tops the damage charts with added damage should kill you one shot. End of. Infinity Ward aimed for a realistic game, yet when i shot somebody in thier sternum with a sniper they run on like a threw a rock in thier head. Same when i either quickscope or no-scope them. Plus when i catch them around running around a corner they sponge. It is really frustrating, because it spites me of playing the style i want to play. When i hard scope i get them 9/10, but any other way it seems to be around a 6/10 single hit kill percentage.

Anyone else agree with this?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do snipe alot and would prefer 1 shot kill, but it would make it too easy and everyone would snipe if you were guaranteed a one shot kill, and FMJ's are only increased bullet penetration damage .

What's wrong, can't handle 2 hit kills? Just make sure you place your shots right. I never get hit markers.

Edit: You say the game isn't realistic because it's harder to get kills no-scoping or quick scoping? Since when do you see a sniper running around the battlefield quick scoping people IRL? You don't. It is realistic.

Edited by JoshYo 16

What's wrong, can't handle 2 hit kills? Just make sure you place your shots right. I never get hit markers.

I can handle it, its just annoying. Your telling me dragscoping them in thier upper back while they are running isn't well placed? I complain because i always hit them in there torso or head. I find it annoying because it allows them run off to an unknown area in the map, depriving me of my kill, which i feel i deserve.

I can handle it, its just annoying. Your telling me dragscoping them in thier upper back while they are running isn't well placed? I complain because i always hit them in there torso or head. I find it annoying because it allows them run off to an unknown area in the map, depriving me of my kill, which i feel i deserve.

No, it isn't well placed. Quick scoping doesn't even allow you to see the image well before you shoot. You can't be sure that you are hitting them in the back. Also, if you skim them, they won't die. This is why drag shots fail.

Sniping requires a lot of skill, maybe it's just not for you? :p Jk.

I think that you might be using the wrong combination of weapons/perks. Even though the Intervention is a poweful gun I recommend the M14. For a good surefire way to get one shot kills, use the M14 with Stopping Power and FMJ and aim for the upper torso/head and your almost guaranteed a one hit kill. This is how I used to snipe anyway, it may not be the same for others.

I think that you might be using the wrong combination of weapons/perks. Even though the Intervention is a poweful gun I recommend the M14. For a good surefire way to get one shot kills, use the M14 with Stopping Power and FMJ and aim for the upper torso/head and your almost guaranteed a one hit kill. This is how I used to snipe anyway, it may not be the same for others.

There is no M14 sniper on MW2 .

No, it isn't well placed. Quick scoping doesn't even allow you to see the image well before you shoot. You can't be sure that you are hitting them in the back. Also, if you skim them, they won't die. This is why drag shots fail.

Considering the majority of my game winning kill cams, i pull the trigger when the crosshairs are on thier back. Skimming i take into account occasionally, but sometimes thier is no way it could skim. I play in sniper lobbies alot, so im used to drag/quickscoping, including the process of placing the bullet. Drag shots also get me most of my sniper kills, so are pretty effective in my book.

Considering the majority of my game winning kill cams, i pull the trigger when the crosshairs are on thier back. Skimming i take into account occasionally, but sometimes thier is no way it could skim. I play in sniper lobbies alot, so im used to drag/quickscoping, including the process of placing the bullet. Drag shots also get me most of my sniper kills, so are pretty effective in my book.

It is hardly effective. Hardscope for one match then tell me it is effective. Getting tired of hearing people bitch about getting hit markers when they are quick scoping. Maybe you're getting hit markers because that is NOT the way a sniper rifle was meant to be used.

When I quick scoped I would average 20 kills/10 deaths a match. Plus a good 10-20 hit markers.

When I hard scope I average 20 kills/5 deaths a match, and NEVER get hit markers.

It is hardly effective. Hardscope for one match then tell me it is effective. Getting tired of hearing people bitch about getting hit markers when they are quick scoping. Maybe you're getting hit markers because that is NOT the way a sniper rifle was meant to be used.

When I quick scoped I would average 20 kills/10 deaths a match. Plus a good 10-20 hit markers.

When I hard scope I average 20 kills/5 deaths a match, and NEVER get hit markers.

First of all, im not bitching. I think this is a problem, and i'm sjaring the throry with the community. Your on a discussion forum, people will complain about aspects of the game. If you are tired of this kind of bitching, then its best you just ignore the thread.

I'll try what you said and get back to you on that. A sniper rifle is a gun end of, and if the bullet hits my foe, it should damage him in the same way, regardless of the style i use my gun in.

The M21 EBR is called the "Mk 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle" in real life, that's where the M14 came from.

The M14 is he weakest rifle in the game requiring neck or head shots to kill in one shot, the WA2000 needs a hit in the chest, neck or head to kill in one shot and the Barrett .50cal and Intervention need stomach, chest, neck or head to kill in one shot. All with stopping power of course, except the WA2000 where it makes no difference.

If you shoot someone from the side and it hits there arm this only counts as a limb shot which isn't a kill. In my book the round, which can kill people behind the target having gone straight through their chest, should in all likelyhood kill the target. This is quite a rare occourence so it's not worth worrying about, it's just a bit of a frustration.

If you're using an intervention with stopping power and it's not killing them, with a clear line of sight, in one shot then you're hitting them in the limbs and need to aim more carefully. Quit quick scoping and try aiming at them properly.

I'm confused.

I get killed with one hit snipers all the time..... i usually have to take 2-3 body shots in regular to kill them, but it pisses me off when they kill me with one shot.... so gay.

I watch a lot of kill cams from snipers (too see what they do) and it seems they hit me with a head shot most times.

I watch a lot of kill cams from snipers (too see what they do) and it seems they hit me with a head shot most times.

Lucky you..... i get killed with the most absurd shots...... i know i'm definitely not hit in the head because i watch sniper kill cams most the time.... and they definitely didn't shoot me in the head.

as it was said before the M14 becomes an M21 when you place a scope on it.

As for snipers being weak I've been sniping all weak (just decided to take it up) I do get hit marks like 5% of the time but the remaining percent is just 1 shot 1 kill

FMJ does nothing unless the bullet goes through a surface and then is used to kill.

If you are using Stopping Power with the M14??? (M21 I believe), and you are going for headshots that means the damage is beginning with 70 of 100 health points in normal core games. Then add the head shot multiplier which is 1.5 which will come to a total of 105. Then add the Stopping Power mulitplier which is 1.4 and your final overkill total is 147 which should be resulting with a One Shot, One Kill.

So what I am saying is that the FMJ is unnessisary unless you are trying to constantly get a bullet penetration kill.

As for the OP, it all depends on where you shot. If it is a shot from the body up (meaning not legs), then you will get a mulitplier of at least 1.1 on the original base damage (70, unless silenced). Then you add the Stopping Power multiplier which is 1.4, and your final damage will result in either; 147 (head), 147 (neck, chest), and 108 (body). You either shot him in the arms or legs, or you got cheated out of a kill. (lag, glitch, modder, Jesus).

Here is a chart I use for this.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8679/codsnipe.png

Edited by katesith

Earlier I hated snipers, never played as sniper because I totally sucked as a sniper, never got one shot kill. Than I started to use stoping power and sleight of hand as perks and damn did those perks make a difference. I almost always get one shot kill, I even get awesome quick scopes now, sometimes I get freaking hitmarkers, sometimes when I even know that I got an headshot because I hear that "kling" sound. So that's BS. To the point, snipers are weak if you dont use stoping power on them imo, using stoping power, they are almost always a sure one shot kill.

My advice would be to try the WA2000. The Intervention and the WA2000 have very similar statistics in MW2, however the WA2000 has more ammo and crucially, far less movement after firing a shot making those 2 shot kills easier.

I've used the WA2000 without Stopping Power for the last 6 Months and it has never let me down and I'm certain it is the best Sniper Rifle in MW2.

Intervention = Just as powerful as WA2000, more movement & less ammo.

Barrett 50.Cal = Not as powerful, similar movement to Intervention after firing.

M21 = Fast fire rate, more ammo however less power than WA2000 & Intervention.

as it was said before the M14 becomes an M21 when you place a scope on it.

Placing optics on an M14 doesn't automatically turn it in to an M21. That's ridiculous. An M21 is an M14 accurized for sniping, not just a regular old M14 with a Bushnell slapped on top. Also, there's no such thing as an M21 EBR.

Just because it's true in a video game doesn't make it so in real life.