Achievement Guide & FAQ

Toasty411

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow great guide toasty!

i haven't gotten the game yet because im in australia. but i just want to know 2 things:

1. are most achievements mixable? what i mean is, can i dismember 1000 limbs over easy then hard mode? also do you need to get the logs all in one play through or on same difficulty, in second playthrough?

2. with certain achievements can you die and restart from a checkpoint but retain your stats? so if you kill 29 enemies before the next checkpoint does the game still remember that?

thanks!

So is there still one Secret Achievement unknown at this point? Slugger is in the guide twice, and I know for a fact that "Don't get cocky, kid" is one of the 10G secret achievements. So what is that last 15G one, I wonder.

Spoiler

Kickin it

Defend the Lurker grab attack 10 times

10G

Well, the "official game guide" by Prima basically tells you that you got to save on Impossible mode ONCE you unlock it, or it doesn't stay unlocked.

That is... once you unlock it, start a new game on impossible, get to the first save point, then save.

If you don't, it doesn't stay unlocked.

I'd also like to point out that some of the stuff in this guide has been stolen from Prima's guide too ;) some of it even word for word... heehee...

Like, the Peng Trasure ;)

i have a question about the suits for whatever reason i can not access the suits that i can purchase from the store it always says that it is in my inventory which is not has anyone had this problem?

If you are using the DLC suites then they are already upgraded to level 5 so it will always say that its in your inventory.

Well, the "official game guide" by Prima basically tells you that you got to save on Impossible mode ONCE you unlock it, or it doesn't stay unlocked.

That is... once you unlock it, start a new game on impossible, get to the first save point, then save.

If you don't, it doesn't stay unlocked.

I'd also like to point out that some of the stuff in this guide has been stolen from Prima's guide too ;) some of it even word for word... heehee...

Like, the Peng Trasure ;)

I made up every single word of this guide. Don't say I copied anything because I didn't. If your referring to what people contributed that's them then.

Made up every word of the guide?

Strange how it isn't in some crazy language nobody has ever heard of then...

You'd think it'd say something like, "glip slahwo ploblitty floo!"

I think you are actually using American English in your own guide... So... you couldn't have actually made up every word of the guide...

And plus... taking information from other people who contribute without crediting them is the same as plagerism from an "Official Game Guide".

However, I don't care who wrote it. I'm just pointing out the obvious, that some sentences are direct quotes and lines from the official guide by Prima. Whomever uses them is basically stealing them, regardless of who "contributed them".

Plus... if someone contributed content to your guide, you no longer "made it yourself with your own words".

Please pay attention to the langauge we've all agreed to use. Words mean things. Choose them carefully and string them together appropriately.

Ladies and gentleman, attend carefully!

But actually, I don't mind if the information was jacked from one person or another. I also don't care who gets credit. Very few people are going to become widely known for "making an achievement guide". It probably won't even net you a job anywhere. People will use your guide, not caring who you are or why you made it, and then move on.

The only time you EVER read the author of a piece of work is if you enjoyed it a lot, and want to read more things by that person. And, newsflash, that doesn't happen much, if at all, outside of standard literature and novels.

I just wanted to point out that some of this information is in the official game guide in case, you know, moderators or whatever, have a problem with direct quoting from an official money making entity. There could be legal ramafications there, after all.

But, if they don't care, I don't care. I'm just glad all the information is out there for people to use.

So, by all means, get extremely defensive about it. You know, 'cause that ALWAYS convinces people you've done nothing wrong.

Game on, guys, game on!

I just have one single question about the guide...

During the "one gun" achievement playthrough... Does ammo for the cutter stay pretty abundant through the entire game, or will I have to hoard it from earlier levels and buy it in later levels?

Made up every word of the guide?

I think you are actually using American English in your own guide... So... you couldn't have actually made up every word of the guide...

And plus... taking information from other people who contribute without crediting them is the same as plagerism from an "Official Game Guide".

However, I don't care who wrote it. I'm just pointing out the obvious, that some sentences are direct quotes and lines from the official guide by Prima. Whomever uses them is basically stealing them, regardless of who "contributed them".

Plus... if someone contributed content to your guide, you no longer "made it yourself with your own words".

Please pay attention to the langauge we've all agreed to use. Words mean things. Choose them carefully and string them together appropriately.

Ladies and gentleman, attend carefully!

But actually, I don't mind if the information was jacked from one person or another. I also don't care who gets credit. Very few people are going to become widely known for "making an achievement guide". It probably won't even net you a job anywhere. People will use your guide, not caring who you are or why you made it, and then move on.

The only time you EVER read the author of a piece of work is if you enjoyed it a lot, and want to read more things by that person. And, newsflash, that doesn't happen much, if at all, outside of standard literature and novels.

I just wanted to point out that some of this information is in the official game guide in case, you know, moderators or whatever, have a problem with direct quoting from an official money making entity. There could be legal ramafications there, after all.

But, if they don't care, I don't care. I'm just glad all the information is out there for people to use.

So, by all means, get extremely defensive about it. You know, 'cause that ALWAYS convinces people you've done nothing wrong.

Game on, guys, game on!

I just have one single question about the guide...

During the "one gun" achievement playthrough... Does ammo for the cutter stay pretty abundant through the entire game, or will I have to hoard it from earlier levels and buy it in later levels?

Jesus buddy go get some help. Stop taking everything so seriously. I don't even have the stupid Prima guide, I didn't even know it existed for this game. They are a waste of money why would I copy off of that.

On to your question. The ammo is cheap and you get a lot of it and as long as you carry that gun only you will find more of that ammo. The game changes drops with what your carrying.

"Made up every word of the guide?

I think you are actually using American English in your own guide... So... you couldn't have actually made up every word of the guide..."

Do you not realize what that meant?