help and advice

Hi just got game yesterday just need some help just started level 3 only playing game on normal and I am losing my rag with it I am always dieing I know u can rip out spines to restore health but I can only do it by luck I noticed when fighting the get letters or symbols on them what do they mean and how do I use the special moves I bought and if u got any advice on how to improve my game

Thanks

The "letters or symbols" on the enemies indicate weakened body parts, which by visual code are also highlighted by turning them "blue". When a body part is weakened, you can slash it away, typically in Blade Mode.

To "rip out spines to restore health", which is called Zandatsu, you need to hit the torso of the enemies in Blade Mode, striking where there is a red square. The red square is available by default against some enemies, like the first weaker Cyborgs, but becomes available only after damaging the enemies against most of the other enemies (armored and generally bigger foes). Tripods can't be killed with a Zandatsu. The torso is the typical "Zandatsu spot", and in any case the Zandatsu region on the body of an enemy will be the last one you weaken.

Get used to spamming the Pole-Arm attacks, they are excellent to crowd-control masses of enemies; also make sure to upgrade the Strength of your weapon and the Pole-Arm as soon as possible.

The special moves unlocked must also be "Equipped" (press A on them in the Customization menu); if they are equipped, make sure you have the correct weapon equipped, and the combination will appear in the "Help" menu (press Start to access it).