EA Engineer: Wii U Is "Crap", Nintendo Is "Walking Dead"

FatalDeathSG45

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/05/17/ea-engineer-wii-u-is-quot-crap-quot-nintendo-is-quot-walking-dead-quot.aspx

I just had to post this. It was just too fucking hilarious :D

As if EA ceasing to make games for the Wii U wasn't enough salt in the wound for Wii U owners...

I don't know what to think about Nintendo anymore. From a nostalgic perspective, I love them. If I had kids and they wanted a game console, I'd get them a Nintendo. I kind of like that I grew up and that Nintendo stayed the same age, they stayed true to what they do and they do it the best. As an adult gamer, I'm not interested in any of the moves they make. The gimmick of the Wii controller got old to me after a few weeks and I sold the system and the controller for the Wii U is so off-putting to me that I wouldn't consider ever buying that console despite whatever first-party software genius I'll miss out on.

It's too bad EA doesn't look to be making games for the Wii U, especially after claiming they would support it in the beginning. But it sounds like EA is looking to change the course they've been on with recent moves like replacing their CEO and doing away with online passes. Maybe making games for a next-gen system that isn't really all that next-gen is just the next step in making better decisions. Wasting resources to make games for a system that's doing poorly so those games can then go on to sell poorly is a bad idea. And once the real consoles show up at the end of the year, the Wii U is all but finished.

Anyway, it doesn't matter much in the end. The only memorable games for a Nintendo console anymore are the ones they makes themselves. Nobody is going to miss Madden 25 on the Wii U and if they do, they bought the wrong console in the first place. You get a Nintendo to play Mario or Pokémon games. To play anything else, there are better options.

Edited by WalterWhite

This just in: High ranking dick, from the "worst company of the year" for the past two years, acts like a dick over social media.

This really is news, right?

Thing is, he isn't wrong about what he said. Nintendo is acting like it's 1990. Nintendo is out of touch with what's going on all the time.

Let's reflect.

When Sony put out the Playstation and switched to disc-based media, Nintendo stuck with far more expensive cartridges. When they made the Gamecube and DVD's were all the rage, they made some goofy mini-discs, another totally random format. The Wii releases, Nintendo says they didn't bother making it HD capable because not enough people had high-definition televisions in their households and they didn't see that catching on. The Wii U releases. Most of the world doesn't even notice. Those who did, realize it's equal to or so insignificantly more powerful than the competition's current-gen hardware, that it's barely worth noting. So now Nintendo has an underpowered, overpriced, gimmicky console that nobody cares about and that nobody important wants to develop for. I won't even go into how inferior Nintendo's abysmal online component is compared to the competition, or even a smart phone for that matter. Nintendo probably thought that they were finally catching up with what's hip because tablets are so popular right now, except it turns out that the tablet they made, kind of really sucks.

Edited by WalterWhite

I kind of agree with the guy...Nintendo should probably just stick to making their games and getting them onto the more popular consoles rather than making their own console. Nintendo's games are great and they could, hopefully, focus on bringing some classics back....I'm fairly sure they'd make good money just on the games.

....otherwise, go back and make NES consoles so I can finally get one that works =/

Just cause the clown from EA isn't wrong, doesn't make him less of a dick. If I were to walk up to fat, ugly, retarded person and yell, "Hey, you're a fat ugly retard!", would I not be a dick just cause I spoke the truth? No, in fact, I'd be a bigger dick cause yelling that would be utterly pointless and rude.

We all know Nintendo is a dying duck, and for a clown working for EA to state that publicly is just a douche move. Then again, maybe this guy walks up to homeless people and shows them pictures of his big house and bank account statements?

Dicks is dicks, be they speaking the truth or not.

The Wii U doesn't have the support it deserves. You know why? Because Nintendo have neglected the console, not other publishers!

Nintendo doesn't deserve any support. For their last 3 consoles they made gimmicky toys that are majorly inferior to their competition. They don't come close to competing with them tech wise, and their online is staggeringly nonexistent. Seriously, it took until 2013 for Nintendo to realize people like playing multiplayer online?

I haven't had a Nintendo console since the N64. Even then when I was 18, I still felt like an out of place child buying a toy. Their last great console was the SNES.

Nowadays it's just a Mario Gaming Machine.

This is super true. FWIW, the store I babysit on weekends issued a memo saying to be super weary of any GameCube, Wii and WiiU games. If it's not Mario, call to clear it with the boss.

The simple fact is that we just don't/can't sell any of the other titles.

Super weary how? Like you trying to weed out the fucktons of shovelware? I guess that would be a major problem. Whenever I go to Walmart there are more Wii games in the $20 and under bin than the game cabinet.

I kind of agree with the guy...Nintendo should probably just stick to making their games and getting them onto the more popular consoles rather than making their own console. Nintendo's games are great and they could, hopefully, focus on bringing some classics back....I'm fairly sure they'd make good money just on the games.

....otherwise, go back and make NES consoles so I can finally get one that works =/

I would be so happy to see Nintendo quit the console scene and just focus on doing games for Microsoft and Sony.

Super weary how? Like you trying to weed out the fucktons of shovelware? I guess that would be a major problem. Whenever I go to Walmart there are more Wii games in the $20 and under bin than the game cabinet.

Yes. Before we wouldn't be afraid of giving a dollar for super-cheap shovel ware and moving it for $3. And for 3rd parties it wasn't out of the ordinary to give $5-$6 for a game with a "good" or better metacritic rating. But they're afraid they can't even sell those and the only thing that gets picked up nearly immediately after it's put out on the shelf is anything Mario/1st party related (Galaxy, SSBB, Strikers Charged even fucking Mario Party). They pay well for them and work a thin margin, but they at least leave the shelf.

I would be so happy to see Nintendo quit the console scene and just focus on doing games for Microsoft and Sony.

Happened when Sega f'd up the Dreamcast. With Nintendo's unrealistic sales expectations of the WiiU, it may happen.

I don't care much about Nintendo nowadays (I care even less now that Nintendo Power is no longer around), but I'll see where it goes from here. I don't own a Wii U and I don't plan to. If the 3DS and the Wii U are any indication, I'd say that Nintendo isn't even trying to keep up with the times. It's nice that they're finally going HD, but that's something they should have done 7 years ago. Them releasing an HD console now is like someone introducing the typewriter long after computers became dominant. And don't even get me started on the 3DS...

I don't care much about Nintendo nowadays (I care even less now that Nintendo Power is no longer around), but I'll see where it goes from here. I don't own a Wii U and I don't plan to. If the 3DS and the Wii U are any indication, I'd say that Nintendo isn't even trying to keep up with the times. It's nice that they're finally going HD, but that's something they should have done 7 years ago. Them releasing an HD console now is like someone introducing the typewriter long after computers became dominant. And don't even get me started on the 3DS...

Dude...think of the possibilities the old classic Nintendo games could have to be released on xbla. And for the love of god we need a kart racing game and instead of the half ass attempts we have on this console...I'd very much rather have Mario Kart. Mario/Donkey Kong/Star Fox/Zelda/Mario/Mario/MARIO. And best of all it could all be played with a normal controller and not their awful AWWWWWWFUL gimmicky controllers.

Dude...think of the possibilities the old classic Nintendo games could have to be released on xbla. And for the love of god we need a kart racing game and instead of the half ass attempts we have on this console...I'd very much rather have Mario Kart. Mario/Donkey Kong/Star Fox/Zelda/Mario/Mario/MARIO. And best of all it could all be played with a normal controller and not their awful AWWWWWWFUL gimmicky controllers.

Totally agree. If anything, some re-released NES games like Super Mario Bros. and Metroid would be ripe for XBLA. I find the classics better than the newer games that came out (I'm looking at you, Metroid: Other M). And it would definitely be interesting to see another kart racer on the 360. I actually enjoyed Mario Kart Wii. And for the love of god, if Nintendo does make a game for the 360, KEEP IT AWAY FROM KINECT.

I could lose my mind picturing the "Nintendo Live Arcade." HD remakes with the originals included. They could spend an entire generation just reissuing HD classic game remakes without anything new and probably compete head on with Microsoft and Sony. If that was Nintendo's plan I would jump ship in a hot second.

I disagree with all the hate, Nintendo is doing things right if you ask me. Nintendo would get eaten alive if it tried to compete simply through hardware, and we really don't need three consoles with virtually similar features ala 360 vs PS3. Their "gimmicks" are the only things making their console viable, without it then they're a worthless third competitor (see: Sega); first party titles can only go so far, they haven't exactly done the wonders Sony was hoping for and lord knows Microsoft isn't a pioneer for first part titles.

Their gimmicks do more than just keep them legitimate though, they also keep Microsoft and Sony on their toes in regards to innovation (this is known as competition). Without the success of the Wii, Microsoft may never have invented Kinect which was an enormous success. Without Nintendo in general, gaming itself would become stagnant.

Anybody saying Nintendo should leave the console business doesn't understand the good they're doing.

Edited by Veedrock

Meh. I'll give the WiiU a year or so to see if things pick up, though its not so great right now. I mean the 3DS started out horribly and now its pretty great with all the games it currently has and the future lineup. You never know... haha.

As mentioned before, Nintendo never really tried to compete via hardware or advanced technology. Instead they tried to make gaming a unique and innovative experience. Maybe some of their decisions didn't make out too well, but in the gaming world nowadays where (caution: overreaction for dramatical purpose) half of the games feel like playing shooters and the other half are sport games that only change the number in the names (ironically this is what EA does), something like Nintendo (as an independend console company) is more needed than most gamers would imagine to keep the market alive. Blaming Nintendo for their poor hardware is just like breaking up with a girlfriend because her breasts aren't as big as others (hope you get my point).

It's really sad that such a "big" man from such a "big" company has no idea of these concepts. I wonder what his wife looks like btw :D