Goal of game to just frustrate

Breedhate68

Never bought game series before but my kid wanted to try, I thought it was a kids game. Man was I wrong. He gave up within an hour so I tried figuring "how hard could it be". Well considering I play almost all games on hardest difficulty, this game is a bitch. So was wondering if the developers were just trying to make it impossible or is this not a kids game, but for only serious gamers.

Seriously? there is a skull system under the paintings that informs you of the difficulty of each level, you do not have to tackle the difficult levels until you wish as the worlds allow a non linear approach. I wouldn't say it was particularly hard for a platformer, there are no lives or game overs, it can be a little challenging no more. Just because of its beautiful and colourful art style doesn't mean its exclusively for kids, its one of the best games I played this year.

To be honest I don't remember any good Rayman games being easy. A lot of them have had their hard moments so it really isn't new. All you need to do is keep at it though since there is no life system and if you had two controls then you could play with your son and help him through it.

If they were easy, they'd be no fun!

• 2 weeks later...
This game is great! My 7 yr old loves it and he is obsessed with the 'song' levels...what a great follow up to an already stellar Rayman Origins

I loved the first music level, but after that they went downhill.

And the best levels in Origins were the chest levels, the invasion ones are no-where near as good!

• 2 weeks later...

im thoroughly enjoying this game. i could see how young kids could struggle with the difficulty but for me and many other gamers its not the hardest game.

art style is beautiful and i find myself just smiling when i play this game because im really just having fun with it. dont get me wrong i love playing other games and get alot of enjoyment out of it, but this is my first rayman game and it just makes me happy when i play it

• 4 weeks later...
Never bought game series before but my kid wanted to try, I thought it was a kids game. Man was I wrong. He gave up within an hour so I tried figuring "how hard could it be". Well considering I play almost all games on hardest difficulty, this game is a bitch. So was wondering if the developers were just trying to make it impossible or is this not a kids game, but for only serious gamers.

Don' t ever think of buying Donkey Kong Country Returns.

• 2 weeks later...
im thoroughly enjoying this game. i could see how young kids could struggle with the difficulty but for me and many other gamers its not the hardest game.

art style is beautiful and i find myself just smiling when i play this game because im really just having fun with it. dont get me wrong i love playing other games and get alot of enjoyment out of it, but this is my first rayman game and it just makes me happy when i play it

If you like Rayman legends then you'll really like Origins as well. Should pick it up sometime. Origins got me hooked. Then I picked up the mobile Rayman Jungle run, now this.

• 6 months later...

I don't remember this game being overly difficult, bar a few levels. Nothing compared to some of the other hardcore platformers like supermeat boy, N+ etc. It is extremely repetitive and time consuming getting the 11th level of awesomeness, however.

I started up the game and went to a weekly challenge. All of a sudden every level is locked even though I've beaten the game. I go back to dashboard, went back into the game and everything was fixed.

It also seems like you have to start "UPlay" to get this game to work properly. I didn't activate "UPlay" and the game froze twice on the challenge finishing screen. When I do activate "UPlay" I never freeze......

Edited by UnarmedReaper07