Diamond in the rough game

Game would be a lot more fun without the stupid ass trials....

Nooo i think the trials add replay value to the game! Some of them are easy and some of them are a pain!! BUT thats the whole point when you do em all you feel like you earned that achievement ;)

Some of them are easy and some of them are a pain!! BUT thats the whole point when you do em all you feel like you earned that achievement ;)

While it's totally ok that there are some of the usual painy achievements in the game, I don't like how the game spreads it's gamerscore. I completed the main game on Normal, found all the gems & chests and completed the DLCs and still have just about 500/1270 points because several hundred points are just for completing the missions.

I'd prefer maybe 4 achievements for the missions like

- complete 1 mission, 10G

- complete 10 missions, 25G

- complete 30 missions, 40G

- complete all of the missions, 100G

Thats 35G for normal players and 140G for the 100%ers. Sounds much fairer than 350G for the 100%ers.

I beat this game on Normal, then on the hardest difficulty i got all the collectables and completed most of the trials. If the trial was too hard on the hardest difficulty i lowered the difficulty to make the trial easier. I didnt mind replaying certain levels 3-4 times to get it to 110% completed, any excuse to do them again as i loved this game so much i took my time as to not complete it so easily. Im quite gutted that ive got 1270/1270 on this now, for probably the first time ill prob go through this again for pure love of the game and not jus for achievements ...

I love it when ppl that want to have 100% GS for a game complain about the game wasnt fun and hate some aspect of it that is required just for gamerscore. In truth I thought this was a great game and an awesome reboot for the storyline, but the fact of the matter is if you dont enjoy playing the game, then dont bother trying to complete all the trials. And if the completed gamerscore is simply a must for you, get through it and call it a day.

Dont complain that a dev team did something well and added hours of replay value, increased diffculty and challenging aspects which gives gamers more bang for their buck, when most teams simply slap a multiplayer sticker on it and call it a day.

Before anyone decides to flame me because im being honest, i have a few suggestions, next time you think about buying/renting/playing a new game:

1) Read the review or visit the forum and check the achievement guide, if it seems like something you may be into:

2) Create a second profile on your HDD as a silver xbl account, play through a little bit of the game. If you dont like it your completion % and gamerscore wont suffer.

Now let the flaming begin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know it's all a matter of opinion. Mine is that this is one of the worst games I have ever tried playing. It was boring, I hated the fixed camera angles, and trudging through it felt like work. Since I started gaming in 2007(?), this is one of two games that I never even bothered to finish the campaign (and I've played some crappers like King Kong and Brink).

I think every game school should force students to play this game as a 101 to what not to do when making a game.

To anyone thinking of trying out this game, download the demo from the Xbox marketplace and try it first. After I quit the game and went to the marketplace to rate it, I realized I had rated the demo with one star back when the demo first released. I should've trusted my gut instinct back then...sigh...

• 9 months later...
I dont think this game was fun at all.... I hope they change dev teams before the next one. This was maybe a 10 hour game made into a 30/40 hour game by putting in lame ass trials and other ridicoulous achievements.

I have to agree, I got the collection edition recently and was really looking forward to it based on the amount of praise it has had, but I found that I just didn't enjoy any of it: the fixed camera, dull and drawn-out level design (although some of the vistas were spectacular), frustrating (at times) platforming, and a story that just didn't manage to excite my interest. I dunno, I guess the game just wasn't for me.

I know it's all a matter of opinion. Mine is that this is one of the worst games I have ever tried playing. It was boring, I hated the fixed camera angles, and trudging through it felt like work. Since I started gaming in 2007(?), this is one of two games that I never even bothered to finish the campaign (and I've played some crappers like King Kong and Brink).

I think every game school should force students to play this game as a 101 to what not to do when making a game.

To anyone thinking of trying out this game, download the demo from the Xbox marketplace and try it first. After I quit the game and went to the marketplace to rate it, I realized I had rated the demo with one star back when the demo first released. I should've trusted my gut instinct back then...sigh...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I hated almost every aspect of the game. I finished it only because I hate not finishing something I have already started but in the end I admitted defeat on chapter XIV. It just wasn't worth the frustration.

Before anyone decides to flame me because im being honest, i have a few suggestions, next time you think about buying/renting/playing a new game:

1) Read the review or visit the forum and check the achievement guide, if it seems like something you may be into

Sometimes, as in this case, the amount of praise heaped on a game just doesn't correlate with one's experience of it. I bought it based on all the positive reviews and feedback and hated every minute of it. Admittedly, that's a first for me, as normally I have found reviews etc. to be quite reliable.