Which race introduced next?

DecadentBeaver

As the title suggests, what race would you like to see introduced in upcoming dlc, or possible future Elder Scrolls titles?

I have been through the UESP, and have selected only the races that have not died out or disappeared yet. Otherwise I'm sure most would have chosen Dwemer.

Maormer:

Also known as Sea Elves. Natives of Pyandonea, which is south of Tamriel, and pale skinned and yellow eyed. They use magic to command Sea Serpents. Little else is known about them.

Imga:

They are native beastfolk of Valenwood, and known as Great Apes. They consider the Altmeri as their masters and attempt to emulate them. Use of titles is common with them, Lord, Earl etc but none are land owners. They also have great disrespect for Man and consider them beneath them.

Sload:

Massive slug/toad like creatures that are amphibious and very adept with magic. They will only be loyal, helpful etc but only if it will benefit them. Almost completely wiped out by Tamriel in 1E after releasing the Thrassian plague.

Ka Po'Tun:

Tiger like race, similar to Khajiit. From continent of Akavir, they are at constant war with the Tsaesci. After wiping them out, the Ka Po'Tun plan to invade Tamriel.

Kamal:

The Snow Demons of Akavir. Spending the winter months frozen solid, once thawed out, they wage war on Tang Mo, always unsuccessfully. In the 2E, the sacked Windhelm in Skyrim, but eventually beaten by Almalexia at Red Mountain.

Tang Mo:

The monkey people race of Akavir, although generous and simple as a race, have always been able to raise an army and defend themselves against the other races when invaded. Allied with the Ka Po'Tun.

Tsaesci:

A snake like race, where little is known about them. Stories differ in description, from being half man half snake. To full snake like appearance. Invaded Tamriel in 1E. their influences left behind after their invasion are Blades and Dragonscale armour.

Right, a little bit about each race, last 4 being Akavir natives, which is east of Tamriel fyi. I choose Ka Po'Tun. As they are beastfolk wanting to wage war on man in Tamriel. Watch the Khajiit and Argonian join in against the racist Nords in Skyrim!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ADORE the dwemer to be in DLC. They could easily have a rouge underground colony of them that survived over time or you find some that were frozen.

They could then even bring in a new skill you can learn from the dwemer something along the lines of mechanical assembly where you can use dwemer cogs & stuff to make your own spider minions or even some other mechanical creature to be your companion. Be interesting to say the least

I would ADORE the dwemer to be in DLC. They could easily have a rouge underground colony of them that survived over time or you find some that were frozen.

They could then even bring in a new skill you can learn from the dwemer something along the lines of mechanical assembly where you can use dwemer cogs & stuff to make your own spider minions or even some other mechanical creature to be your companion. Be interesting to say the least

whilst dwemer dlc could be awesome (also i want to see snow elves!) i think just finding an underground colony of them all of a sudden seems abit ... lame? a better idea might be...

[spoiler=dwemer]some sort of time travel with an elder scroll similar to during the main quest

Some of those races are from out side of tamriel and we have many places to explore in tamriel still. i want to see valenwood and elsweyr!

I would like to see the Sload introduced. If they make a game which takes place in Summerset Isle then they could introduce the Maormer and Sload in DLC. A game set in Valenwood would probably have to introduce the Imga or give a really good explanation as to why they were not there. I can't really see any of them being added in DLC for Skyrim though.

whilst dwemer dlc could be awesome (also i want to see snow elves!) i think just finding an underground colony of them all of a sudden seems abit ... lame? a better idea might be...

[spoiler=dwemer]some sort of time travel with an elder scroll similar to during the main quest

Some of those races are from out side of tamriel and we have many places to explore in tamriel still. i want to see valenwood and elsweyr!

Just so you know, the Falmer are the Snow Elves. Driven underground by Nords.

@Akirk93, I like your idea, would be interesting to see. Though I think Summerset Isle would end up being the dlc in all fairness.

The snake people and the snow demons sound pretty cool to me. Some kind of flashback with dwemer would be cool, too. I've only ever met the one dwarf, and I seem to remember him being kinda rude. Not sure; that was a game or two ago.

The dwemer arnt actually dwarfs. I think only one race calls them dwarfs but they was the same size as other elves. I think we saw one in morrowind but he was dieing. (or was this a mod? i cant remember >_<)

Edited by FangtasticBite

He was dying. Still, I think he was referred to as 'the last living dwarf.'

Edit: I tried to include a pic, but I think I did it wrong. I'm not the best at such things.

http://images.uesp.net/thumb/d/d2/MW-creature-Yagrum_Bagarn.jpg/600px-MW-creature-Yagrum_Bagarn.jpg

I hope this isn't too big. Sorry, I'm just not really great at this sort of thing.

Edited by Lucas McCain

I think we saw one in morrowind but he was dieing. (or was this a mod? i cant remember >_<)
It was in the game.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Yagrum_Bagarn

I really want to see Valenwood on the next Elder Scrolls game so I would choose the Imga as a new race if they choose to add one.

It was in the game.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Yagrum_Bagarn

I really want to see Valenwood on the next Elder Scrolls game so I would choose the Imga as a new race if they choose to add one.

Now that's a great idea. More playable races! If not, then still a great addition for a race. More diversity in creatures too. I miss seeing Goblins, Minotaurs, Spider Daedra, Xivilai, Daedroth, Clanfear from ESIV. Yeah some of them were from the planes of Oblivion but the fantasy element is missing from Skyrim to the extent that it was in Oblivion. But defo more races involved. 10 is not a shabby amount by any means, but surely it wouldn't harm to add more diversity and culture.

Now that's a great idea. More playable races! If not, then still a great addition for a race. More diversity in creatures too. I miss seeing Goblins, Minotaurs, Spider Daedra, Xivilai, Daedroth, Clanfear from ESIV. Yeah some of them were from the planes of Oblivion but the fantasy element is missing from Skyrim to the extent that it was in Oblivion. But defo more races involved. 10 is not a shabby amount by any means, but surely it wouldn't harm to add more diversity and culture.

I 'm not sure the Imga would be playable if they are added.I thiknk they only have limited inteligent beasts and simply copy what others do. but then again the books where probably not writen by Imga so they might not be entierly true. I think the orcs are described similarly and they are a playable race.

Honestly I just want to see Valenwood! giant walking tree cities sounds awesome! xD

I 'm not sure the Imga would be playable if they are added.I thiknk they only have limited inteligent beasts and simply copy what others do. but then again the books where probably not writen by Imga so they might not be entierly true. I think the orcs are described similarly and they are a playable race.

Honestly I just want to see Valenwood! giant walking tree cities sounds awesome! xD

The Imga do have some degree of intelligence, and always carry a title of Lord, Earl etc. So they can communicate, and detest man. Which would be interesting. Valenwood is predominantly Elf territory and Imga, plus next door to Elseweyr. So lot of non human inhabitants would be on a negative receiving end, as its the other way round in Skyrim.

But Valenwood having giant walking tree cities?! I'm sold on that and Imga for sure.

I agree with you on the more diverse enemies thing. skyrim is easily in my top 10 games of all time, probably top , but it does seem like I am either fighting a bear, spider, dragon, or draugr 90% of the time. Minotaurs would be nice, I'd also LOVE to find maybe one Painted troll maybe as an easter egg or something in a DLC.

And even though you said not to say Dwemer I would LOVE to have TES VI focus on them. would be sweet.

besides them I would like to see the Tsaesci. They sound very interesting.