Is this in your top 5 XBLA games of all time?

Cooljoe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda hard to place it in a top 5, not because the game is bad simply because im not trough with it but so far its fantastic.

This game is like the big brother of bastion and that game was also amazing and had a somewhat unique atmosphere to it, Dust doesnt have the same amazing type of music. But that doesnt mean its bad.

It doesnt beat Dungeon defenders but i doubt any game for this generation will, most devs never make 4 player loot/lvling/lots of content in nowadays. I know dust will be over in less than 10 hours, meanwhile as soon as the DD patch comes out and i can level up again then i play that for 10 hours straight :)

But this is most likely top 5 when it comes to single player games ive played, and so far i have felt like it need multiplayer to stand proud which is an amazing feat.

I buy very few XBLA and every time, they disappoint me until the arrive of Dust.

Easily my favorite XBLA from now.

Totally awesome.

Long game, good story, good graphics, good sounds, good game mechanic and good...

...that there aren't any multiplayer option.

Finally and old school game create with passion!

Definitely not in my top5. The game was fun and addictive allright, but with a character design that horrible (and those colors, aoutch) and a relatively easy gameplay, no way. I'd say that was a good game overall but my best games so far are probably:

Shadow Complex, Super Meat Boy, Splosion Man, Street Fighter III OE, Trials HD, The Walking Dead, Garou, and soooo many others before this Dust.

I'm actually shocked by how much I like this game. I pretty much hate anime and about wrote off Dust without even trying it, but so many people told me it was good that I gave it a go. I'm not sure if it makes my top five, but definitely in my top ten.

1) Iron Brigade (Trenched)

2) Torchlight

3) Dungeon Defenders

4) Worms 2 Armageddon

5) Defense Grid

Deathspank, Minecraft, Castlevania SOTN, Dust and Battlefield 1943 would be the next in line in no particular order.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

No. Weird character design. It wanted to be Disney, Looney Tunes, and a Japanese Anime. It came off as generic to me. Plus the story is pretty laughable. I mean, the moment where they reveal the past of Dust actually made me laugh. Gameplay is fantastic though. Absolute awesome.

My top 5 would be:

Trials Evolution

PB Winterbottom

Monday Night Combat

Dishwasher: Vampire Smiles

Ms. Splosion Man

No particular order.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was a very enjoyable game. I loved it enough to max out my level and stats, and finished everything possible at just over 15 hours.

If anyone cares:

The maximum health possible: I'm not actually sure. Mine was at 5,887 but I assume if you get all 12 friends after leveling max health all the way up it would be higher.

Maximum attack power possible: 5,265

Maximum defense possible: 2,030

Maximum fidget possible: a whopping 18,630

I really wish there was more to do!

• 1 month later...