Top 5 RPGs

Shmafrong

5. World of Warcraft

A game that never ends and with the new expansions you can be a badass panda.

4. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragons, magic, and unlimited other things you can do makes this RPG awesome.

3. Borderlands

Great humor, guns, and amazing skill setting makes this game amazing.

2. Fable 2

Not only being one of my favorite games of all time but also being one of my favorite RPGs of all time, Fable 2 lets you explore the cool world of Albion however you want. Good or evil, pure or corrupt, however you want.

1. Borderlands 2

Everything the first game had and a lot more. Borderlands 2 is just phenomenal.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 5 are:

5. Fable: TLC...I cant tell you how many times I played this game and laughed

4. Final Fantasy VIII... VII maybe a heartfelt favorite for most but this is mine

3. Resonance of Fate... I love the style and the brutality of this game

2. Xenogears...1st RPG I beat with no guide and no net holds a special place plus I love underdog titles

1. Mass Effect... This is for the whole trilogy for me was amazing I have probably beaten the collection as a whole 10+ times.

I could add many others to this list, I especially love the unknown RPGs which are gold in my book. Nothing wrong with a FF game, but so many good games are overshadowed by it.

1. Dragon age Origins, the 2nd was a let down

2.Probably Skyrim/Oblivion. Fairly similar and soo much to give a damn about

3.Fallout 3...Nuff said

4. Mass effect series was awesome

5. Borderlands 1. the 2nd was good but i dunno there was something about the 1st that had me spending way over 50 hours

Bit off topic but if I buy Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on the original Xbox will it also work on the 360? I tried searching for it but Google is being a bit of a cock. I ask because I never had the pleasure of playing it and am a bit bored with my current stack of games so I'm thinking about picking some old stuff up that I missed when I was younger.

1) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

2) Tales of Everything. Meaning every Tales game. Xillia cannot come soon enough!

3) Lost Odyssey

4) Deus Ex. I started on Human Revolution and went back to the previous games, fucking loved every one of them.

5) Every Fallout game

6) Mass Effect

I want to name SO many more :(

Edited by Total Shinobi
Update

1. Wasteland

2. Mars Saga

3. The Bard's Tale III

4. (Classic Japanese RPGs like Lunar 1&2, Shining Force 1&2, Phantasy Star 1-3, etc.)

5. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

6. Mass Effect 1-3

1. Chrono Trigger. If this isn't your #1 RPG you are probably well under 30 years old.

2. Final Fantasy VI or FF III (US). The highpoint of the Final Fantasy series. Afterwards SquareSoft (later Square Enix) started focusing to much on graphics and other features leaving out or limiting major quintessential RPG elements. (like free exploration)

3. Xenogears. Until you get to the 2nd disc...if it wasn't for that 2nd disc it would be far and away the greatest RPG ever made.

4. Secret of Mana. Often forgotten but simply amazing. First multi-player RPG I remember playing.

5 The Wizardry series. For anyone that played pen and paper RPGs before playing video game versions this is still one of the truest conversions. Features many actual "role-playing" elements largely lost as games have become more modern.

Gackt is going to somewhat hate me for this but Bethesda is sooooo close to making the perfect RPG. They have the model ready to go. They just keep releasing broke ass, glitchy, unfinished games that completely lack compelling story telling and quests. I would love to see someone else take one of their worlds, fix the engine and hire a good writer (and more then 5 voice actors...).

Edited by bigbear.

• 2 weeks later...
bigbear2face, do you have my age?

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Final Fantasy 7

3. Xenogears (I miss this game)

4. Secret of Mana

5. FInal Fantasy X

I would guess we are about the same age (31)...Our lists are very similar. I didn't put 7 on there because I think its probably the 3rd best FF game and I only wanted one FF game on the list. X is alright but it started the backwards trend that has lead to XII and XIII which are way to linear.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...