Multiplayer achievements!

The Bryceroy

Big thanks to Sublimosis (Aphrodite1) for help with these!

First off, you need to plan these achievements out before you attempt them with your partner. What I mean by that is, decide who gets what power ups when, and what section of the map you take, be it top or bottom.

Secondly, me and Sub did this at a disadvantage, he hosted and is from the UK, while I'm in Indiana some 3000 miles away, I had a 1/4 to 1/2 second delay and we managed fine so these aren't THAT difficult.

Third, I would suggest doing these achievements separately. It takes different kinds of concentration for each achie.

AND REMEMBER THESE MUST BE DONE IN CLASSIC!

Wall of Fire: *i thought this achievement was easier than the similar "Destroyer" from Aegis Wing*

Level 1: Whoever gets the first orb, take the bottom route, and just mow everything down, if something escapes, play through it at least once to establish the enemy patterns.

Things should be smooth sailing so far. Now once you get to the point with the big green mech, use charged beams to waste him, and quickly mop up the mechs on the ground. NOTE: Right before you enter the hallway a mech walks from the left side of the screen, kill this guy IMMEDIATELY and then quickly fly up to the middle, as an enemy spawns on the right and can get stuck on the wall, which can potentially screw up that part of the level.

Once you're inside, go back to the top/bottom pattern you started with, only this time, the guy without an orb should be on the bottom this time around.

*NOTE*: Whoever has the orb needs to upgrade it with the Blue laser power up to be fully charged. This is done in this section.

Be sure to kill all the turrets on the roof, having the guy with the first orb on top duty will make this a breeze since you can use the orb to kill 1 or 2 then beam the rest. One section of note is after the circular worm enemy, there is a trio of the red bat things immediately after that can sometimes be missed, just be aware that they're coming. After that it's smooth sailing to the boss, 2 plasma beams to the chest and he's toast. Level 1 should now be complete 100%.

Level 2: This level is really pretty simple. One person with the fully upgraded ricochet lasers should just blast away hopefully frying the hidden enemies on top and bottom. The other guy should be on the lookout for the yellow ground flame power up, get that and just hammer away, your flames will kill damn near everything on this level. Make sure you kill all the little eyeballs that flit around halfway through, they're quick and can be easily missed. And be sure you kill the spawners for the metroid looking things, they take quite a bit of damage so just focus fire on them. Once you get to the first section with the worm, take care to kill the last of the hidden enemies on top/bottom and then it's clear to the boss fight. Ice the boss and if everything goes well, badoop! Achievement unlocked!

Reviver: This one is a tad confusing, but what it means is that you and your partner TOGETHER need to get 20 revives in a SINGLE game. No restarts! The plan for this is every time you see a power up drop, one person kills themselves and the other picks up the power up, which should now be flashing, and revives the other. This ensures you have one person with good weapons the whole way through. I don't have the official numbers on how many power ups/level but Sublimosis and myself got this achievement on level 3. This was after a hiccup in level 2 where we both died. We had 2 lives left in level 3 and it popped on the 4th power up drop in that level on the last life. So you either need to make it to level 4 without both of you dying (which I do not recommend since level 4 is a huge bitch) and consistently getting all of the power ups as a revive on each level, or you can make it smooth to level 3 and then get revives and die/redo level 3 til it pops.

So there you go, hopefully this will help you and your R-Type wingman succeed in Wall of Fire and Reviver!

Edited by The Bryceroy

I managed to get wall of fire with some random player online so it's not too bad as long as your partner is good. I haven't got the other one yet (20 revives) but I was thinking you could probably do it by youself. Just plug in a second controller. It will die on it's own and you can just pick up powerups as you normally would to revive it. I haven't tried it yet though, so it just in theory.

We got Reviver in local Co-Op, but can't get Wall yet. We've done it about 5 times now perfectly. From your description it doesn't sound like anything was added, just kill the same basic enemies as usual. We even tried making sure all segments of the worm were destroyed before killing the boss, and nothing.

Does Wall of Fire have to be done online?

• 3 weeks later...

edit: did reviver on my own

Just for clarification, did you get game over at all?

Because I tried to do it on one spot by dying, getting the power up, then slamming both players into a wall, did this 52 times (26 with each ship, to make doubly sure I wasn't miscounting to 20)

Didn't unlock so I stopped.

I was just wondering if I did something wrong or you cannot get game over, because my stats page does say "single game revives: 52" and "total revives: 72"

So i'm not sure what's happening.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Both multi player ach can be done with a 2nd controller thats how i did it just die right off the back with 2nd controller and keep dying when u revive them. I found getting the reviver ach was easier on rtype 1 u can get 7 revives in the 1st state 6 in the 2nd stage 5 in the third with the ship with all the guns and and the 4th stage u will get it within 3 min of play.

Continued. As for the wall of fire just tape down the RT button on 2nd controller and let that player say mid way at bottom of screen while u focus on killing everything else not letting anything get by you

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Continued. As for the wall of fire just tape down the RT button on 2nd controller and let that player say mid way at bottom of screen while u focus on killing everything else not letting anything get by you

And this worked? What if that ship crashes into walls?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...