Easy Grind Method for "Wind of Battle"

Calatia

I saw this posted somewhere else, but it doesn't appear to be a very well-known method.

1. Go to Quick Battle

2. Search for "Europe" and "Beginner"

3. Select the player "DiamondJoe", even if you've defeated them already

4. Select Voldo, as he has the fastest move speed

5. Throw a rubber-band on your controller so left is being held down, causing Voldo to move backwards

Since the stage has no boundaries, you can just keep walking backwards until the match ends. A majority of the time the match will end in a draw, but sometimes you will get KO'd. All you have to do is press the A button a few times every three minutes or so to initiate a rematch.

It's going to vary, I just checked before and after, I had 603. Of course if he gets to attacking you its around <400. But At that rate (assuming a start of 0m, not whereever you're at) is :

87,600 m / ~ 500 (since you will have more and less)

=

175.2 = 176 matches

If each match goes ~ 160 seconds (you won't go full every game)

= 2.67 minutes/match

176*2.67 = 469.92 minutes or 7.83 hours, so 7hrs and 47 mins ~.

Your mileage will vary. Again, that's starting from 0. After doing everything else I was at ~10,000 m.

ALSO.

Combine this with the lvl 99 achievement.

I received 35xp / loss.

35xp * 470 matches = 16,450 xp.

16,450 xp / 1800 xp / level = 9 levels.

So if you want to get the most bang for your buck, grind to level 90 (check out the thread I made about that) then switch to running. No need to grind lvl 90-99 when doing this will get you xp.

Good tips/math, BThumme.

This took me about three nights of watching The Office on my blu ray player and periodically hitting 'A'. Sometimes I would forget, which is why it took so long. I still think this achievement is just plain dumb, but now that I have it I can say it was pretty painless.

Yeah, I had the game running through my capture card, and I was watching TV the entire time. I kinda fell asleep a couple times while doing it haha.

But yeah, might want to do something else while the game plays for you, this is just boring as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

ALSO.

Combine this with the lvl 99 achievement.

I received 35xp / loss.

35xp * 470 matches = 16,450 xp.

16,450 xp / 1800 xp / level = 9 levels.

So if you want to get the most bang for your buck, grind to level 90 (check out the thread I made about that) then switch to running. No need to grind lvl 90-99 when doing this will get you xp.

The math is off for combining with the level 99 achievement. After a few losses you stop getting 35 points per loss (I think it's around either 5 or 10 in a row it drops to 28 points).

I'm gonna have to try it with the characters listed in above posts; I've being doing it with Natsu vs. Rangi (E5 Dampierre) and having the rubber band down so they circle each other. Anything to make it faster; it's sooo boring!

The math is off for combining with the level 99 achievement. After a few losses you stop getting 35 points per loss (I think it's around either 5 or 10 in a row it drops to 28 points).

I'm gonna have to try it with the characters listed in above posts; I've being doing it with Natsu vs. Rangi (E5 Dampierre) and having the rubber band down so they circle each other. Anything to make it faster; it's sooo boring!

Right, but when you are doing the running achievement, you're not winning the battles.

Something I figured out and pisses me off:

- No meter is gained in VS matches.

- No meter is gained after you win a round (no need to walk around during the 1 or 2 seconds until the replay).

- No meter is gained for every movement that is involved in an attack. No strike, no kick, no whatsoever. Only movements with the stick without any attack count.

I have about 10% of all the meters I need and played for 30 hours. Rubberband, I'm coming.

I have about 10% of all the meters I need and played for 30 hours. Rubberband, I'm coming.

at the same time, its pointless to grind this achievement unless it is the last achievement left to get, since you are going to be moving while trying to get all the other ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Voldo in Arcade Easy against Tira. Her stage is endless. I boosted for around 20 minutes doing some house cleaning meanwhile. I restarted every 2-3 minutes. Suddenly I realized that he was winning a single round once in a while. Sometimes Tira could not catch up but did a move that actually hurt herself (=> win after timeout). Some minutes later I even won a whole match by just going backwards XD

In case you are using Arcade mode to boost (to not mess up your Quick Battle Win:Lose ratio) you can quit anytime and meters are saved (although a message is saying that progress will not be saved).

I grinded out my 99 between yesterday and a few hours today. Tonight I'll start on the movement achievement, as it's my last one. Right now I'm sitting @ 32263m. *sigh* This is gonna be boring.

Boring indeed! I'm sitting at just under 4k and am not looking forward to this. It is actually worse than "Transcend History and the World" from SCIV. I didn't think that was going to be possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a wired turbo controller. I'm going to rubber band my controller and have it turbo the "A" button.

I'm renting the game, and don't expect to get more than 300G (48% completion percentage, I play for fun!), so I'm doing it for teh lulz.