Most Under-rated game you've played?

shazza124

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon man, their old topics. Theres only so much we can talk about gaming, ofcourse theres going to be repeated topics.

Anyways, on topic. I wouldn't call it under rated due to anyone thats played it generally has good feedback about the game but I'd say Lost Odyssey. I felt it needed more exposure and deserves a sequel imo. One of the best games I've played this gen.

Bourne Conspiracy is kinda fun, even though it's an easy 1000 I was surprised at how much of a good time I had playing it.

Can't think of anything else from the top of my head right now.

C'mon man, their old topics. Theres only so much we can talk about gaming, ofcourse theres going to be repeated topics.

Gotta agree here. I'd rather see a new topic than someone dredging up one that died years ago.

Anyways, to the topic at hand, I'd say the most underratted games I've played are:

Game Boy Advance: Zone of the Enders, the Fist of Mars, a fun little strategy game with a unique way of handling combat.

N64: Beetle Adventure Racing - For being a corporate cash in, it was surprisingly good fun that gave Mario Kart a run for it's money.

GCN: Second Sight - Really fun gameplay using psychic powers with an interesting plotline to boot. It also is notable to me for having one of my all-time favorite kills: I psychically yanked a guy off a stairwell, chucked him out through a stained glass window, caught him again in mid-air, yanked him back in through a 2nd window, then finally propelled him out a third.

Wii: Dokapon Kingdom - Mario Party-esque game actually designed to ruin friendships. Good Times

360: The Godfather - An excellent sandbox game that captured the feel of the movies, unlike the sequel. I particularly loved the ability to capture the city bit by bit until it was all mine.

I agree with this. Most of those threads have been dead for over a year; even the first one hasn't been posted in for months. If the OP posted in those, then someone would report him for dredging up old topics.

Discuss away, but rather than just listing a game and moving on, try to explain WHY you think it is underrated. That makes for an actual discussion instead of spam posts that are going to get deleted or get the thread closed.

ah my Favourite topic! Theres no better feeling then finding hidden gems! heres a few.

Lost Odyssey

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

Bionic Commando

Beautiful Katamari

Lost Planet 2

Sacred 2

Shadows of the Damned

Ninety-Nine Nights 2

Binary Domain

NIER (cannot stress that one enough!)

Catherine

and here's some arcade titles.

CellFactor

The Fancy Pants Adventures

Ilomilo

Marble Blast Ultra

Outland

Raskulls

Rocket Riot

Small Arms

The most under-rated game I own is Sacred 2: Fallen Angel. It looks complicated at first, but give it a few hours, and you'll be pulled in! I'm only around Level 74 on it (the level cap is 200!:eek:) but I enjoy it so much I don't mind playing it through, since next to Torchlight it's the closest we'll ever get to Diablo for XBOX 360 :)

I don't get why people are saying Bully is underrated, as it was rated and sold quite highly on the PS2. It may not have sold as well on the 360, but as it's just a port, I don't think you can consider it a separate game.

The most underrated, brilliant, and criminally viewed game is Deadly Premonition. Hardly anyone gave the game a chance, but for the few who did, found it to be one of the best games on the 360 with some fantastic gameplay.

The most underrated, brilliant, and criminally viewed game is Deadly Premonition. Hardly anyone gave the game a chance, but for the few who did, found it to be one of the best games on the 360 with some fantastic gameplay.

I feel totally ambivalent towards Deadly Premonition. On the one hand the story and ingenuity shown in some sections were amazing, it put shame to a lot of AAA games with some of it's ideas. But on the other hand the controls were crap, the graphics awful and the gameplay very repetitive. Argh is it good or is it that bad that it's good!? I just can't decide.