how to do the car bit ep 2

nabunogu

I kept getting stuck at the end where you have to drive through the glass and up the stairs....had a hard time getting enough speed to make the jump. Finally just eased down the street until I saw the other car going through the glass (at max distance) and then gunned it.....think I spent a total of 5 hours on that driving sequence :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
ok, bein tryin to do this bit for like a week, anybody got any hints/ tips, this seems to be the hard bit acordin to other people.

I did this in my third try, I just made the wrong turns at first it really isn't that hard. Basically drive like a f***ing maniac and know whats in front of you. Thats the only help (if any) that I can give you...

the driving sequence is by far one of the most horrible and frustrating parts in a game in video game history. id almost rather try to beat Ninja Gaiden Black with my eyes closed or play the Atari ET game. :mad:

and i think anyone who completes the driving part without skipping to the next sequence should be rewarded with a couple hundred Microsoft points.

Edited by shinobigarth

i think anyone who completes the driving part without skipping to the next sequence should be rewarded with a couple hundred Microsoft points.

I did it first try (in cockpit view) and i have the achievement to prove that i didn't skip that sequence.

If you can't do that little driving part without dying, maybe you should play Forza 2. Earn some skills.

I came upon this section of gaming disaster yesterday & completed it in the cockpit view after about 25 mins of abuse & trying not 2 break my controller in frustration, I'm actually wondering why i even paid money for this game as i've had absolutely no fun out of it at all, My best experience so far was getting the Cockpit addict achievement & knowing i never have to do that stupid driving section ever again!

I did it first try (in cockpit view) and i have the achievement to prove that i didn't skip that sequence.

If you can't do that little driving part without dying, maybe you should play Forza 2. Earn some skills.

i did it after a few tries cockpit view i hate racing games.. its not to hard just try and learn the route

i found this level to be great tho :)

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I was trying to help my brother-in- law get through this.... he had been trying to through this part for like 2 hours.... It is a little difficult in it's own due to the game itself being pretty glitchy; but it's made worse by the window glitch at the end... we got to the end like 30-50 different time but the game jus' freaked and didn't show anything on the other side...

we tried going slow(er), fast(er), different angles, waiting...... In the end he got it eventually but all in all - it probably took him 3 hours due to the window glitch....

It was very frustrating.........

I really hate this level, it made me almost want to quit playing the rest of the game. I wish that I would have listened to myself following this chapter, I wasted a few good hours of my life on the other chapters. I will not get the achievement "A Day in Central Park" because of this crappy chapter and episode. There should have been checkpoints at a minimum.......

ATARI you let us down with this one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah that part is glitched for me too. I make it to that ramp where you jump through the window and its like theres nothing there. It looks like i jumped off a cliff. One time i thought i made it but my car got stuck in the floor or something and i died. Ive tried this about 50 times so far and its always the same. This game is so screwed up.:uzi::mad::mad::mad::(:(:( So because of that stupid programming error Im screwed out of 190 or so gamer points. what a bunch of BS

• 3 weeks later...

I was stuck for awhile..but found a solution to this. Right when you go through the window, pause the game and leave it paused for a couple minutes. You'll hear the 360 loading, and it will eventually stop, unpause and the end of the level will be there. It's unforgivable to release a game with a glitch this bad, seems all too common nowdays.

• 1 month later...
I was stuck for awhile..but found a solution to this. Right when you go through the window, pause the game and leave it paused for a couple minutes. You'll hear the 360 loading, and it will eventually stop, unpause and the end of the level will be there. It's unforgivable to release a game with a glitch this bad, seems all too common nowdays.

Thanks for that. It saved me alot of pain and frustration.

• 1 month later...

Not sure how you figured that out but that was an amazing find. I deleted the gamedata 3 times and had to replay those stupid first 2 episodes. I was about to give up on this game. You're the man.