Best/Quickest/Easiest way to make money?

You could try gambling. These are all at taverns.

Nine Men’s Morris: beginner – Arroyos

Nine Men’s Morris: beginner – Crooked Island

Nine Men’s Morris: intermediate – Andreas Island

Nine Men’s Morris: intermediate – Corozal

Nine Men’s Morris: intermediate – Salt Key Bank

Nine Men’s Morris: expert – Kingston

Checkers: intermediate – Great Inagua

Checkers: expert – Grand Cayman

Fanorona: intermediate – Kingston

Fanorona: expert – Ile a Veche

beginner max bet = 100R

intermediate max bet = 500R

expert max bet = 1000R

I found checkers to be the easiest, even on expert. That's probably because I'm an idiot and that's the only game where I can easily plan ahead.

The best method I found so far (only in sequence 5) is sending your fleet on missions. Clear out the location at the bottom (think it's South America) of the list and send as many ships as you can. It takes about 5 hours to complete it and does not use many resources. Also keep clearing out locations (with your fleet) as they give you resources that can be traded in missions.

This. By the end of the game you will have a lot of money while probably needing to attack a lot more ships for metals.

Yeah, I have more money than I can spend currently like 130K but metal is especially scarce. I need to find plans before I can upgrade the ship anymore. Cloth and wood are abundant though; I always get full and have to sell some.

On topic; just keep doing naval battles and sending them to your fleet and buying upgrades so you can do that faster lol. In the mini-game keep the lanes safe and your ships out. I always leave at least a schooner and frigate not out for the lil battles. I upgraded the harpooning stuff first all the way which makes white whales much easier and they're worth 4K a piece. The naval convoys can carry 10K too and are really easy once you get ur ship upgraded some.

It can seem a lil grindy, but I do enjoy the naval stuff once I got the hang of it. I'm taking my time and haven't progressed that far in the story, only on sequence 5 because I keep getting side-tracked.

I'm in Seq.4 Memory 2, have been try to open all chest available, do naval contracts, and mostly plunder frigates rich in goods to get money. As I still need to find more special events to complete Abstergo challenges, roaming on the sea plundering ships isn't too much of a grinding to me.

The other day, I spent a few hours plundering ships in the SW corner of the map. I encountered 2 blue Royal conveys and several white ones. There are also several Man O' Wars down there. I came away with a lot of Reales. Of course, you'll need several upgrades on your ship to be able to cope with these battles.

I am not very far in, but I believe the best ways are plundering, hunting, and finding all the 1,000-4,000R chests.

Plundering is the best with timing and payoff. However, it's never really been a problem earning money in these games. This game offers so many ways to do it as well. Plundering ships is by far the best due to everything it offers. Not only, say if you take on a royal convoy, you get a substantial payoff but resources towards your ship and to sell.

Secluded and Social chests seem to pay off the most getting as close to $1000 as possible.

i ran into a royal convoy which was worth 20 000R (blue instead of white)(also need to be online i beileve, it tells you you share location with friend) i dont think moneys an issue at all in game tho, my main problem is getting wood/metal for upgrades

Pick your targets/ships. Use the spyglass and it'll tell you what a ship is holding. Gunships and Schooners rarely carry good amounts of wood/metal. Frigates and above do since they're packing tons of weaponry and defense so they should be stocked up. I actually just plunder a few and wait for a Hunter to come after me. They actually have really good supplies.

I found the easiest way was to send your fleet off on their missions, then as theyre off doing their things, you plunder all the boats you can find with Sugar / Rum. Sugar + Rum sell for the most, and since youll need all the other materials too you can just plunder anything with one of these (both is even better).

I found the easiest way was to send your fleet off on their missions, then as theyre off doing their things, you plunder all the boats you can find with Sugar / Rum. Sugar + Rum sell for the most, and since youll need all the other materials too you can just plunder anything with one of these (both is even better).

I figured the fleet game would make you some money but I've really only done it like 3 time. I do like the little turn based strategy motif for "battles". There are just a ton of ways to decently earn money in the game.

Truly a pirates life for Eddie.

I found a couple chests so far that were gold on my minimap, worth over 3,000R each. Are they just some random special chests?

Well, I know the Social Chests look darker than most and give more than $1000 reales easily.

If I'm not mistaken, those are tied to the Black Island DLC set b/c after finally getting my code to work (apparently it didn't register the first time) I found an extra chest on Florida, Crooked Island and somewhere else containing a similar amount to your $3k. One was definitely 2500

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...