GOAT Boosting Guide

roy1751

This method/strategy is rock solid! Thank you for this since me and a buddy got it in only 2 days (took around 7/8 hours). Much appreciated!!! We used 5 ghost accounts (instead of 7, so it goes a bit faster then mentioned above). Here are some stats from our run, hope it helps:

1st ghost-account: 37 games played, took 90 min., reached lvl 25

2nd ghost-account: 16 games played, took 35 min., reached lvl 35

3rd ghost-account: 26 games played, took 70 min., reached lvl 43

4th ghost-account: 24 games played, took 70 min., reached lvl 47

5th ghost-account: 30 games played, took 80 min., reached lvl 50

Some sidenotes:

* With the 5th account we already achieved lvl 50 after 18 games played, but we did an additional 12 matches in order to cement this account more in place (meaning that with more games played the rankdrop would be less while boosting off from this account).

* Furthermore, when setting up a new account it's a good thing to boost off a bit from multiple accounts, e.g. with the 4th account we first played a match against the 1st account, continueing with a match or two against the 2nd account and finishing up with the remaining matches played against the highest-ranked account (in this example being the 3rd account).

* My own account was a bit shaken up to start with since I already played 17 matches (10 W, 7 L) in the early days while not being aware of screwing up my stats. So we went in expecting the worst. Nonetheless I got the G.O.A.T. in 44 matches (in 2 hours). My friend who had a 'clean' account got it in 10 matches (in 30 min.).

Good luck to you all! I'm 1 happy bunny :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

After following this excellent guide I have recently achieved the GOAT on my gamercard. Thanks Roy1751!

Before starting this 'challenge' I was highly apprehensive as my online record was dismal - I had a gamertag with 150+ games played, 8+hours online play and also just rank 25. I knew it would be a up-hill struggle but it proved a real achievement to get my GOAT.

As I recently upgrading to an Elite, I have a dual xbox set-up so all this was done by myself. In total it took me 14x trial accounts, 700+ games played and about 30-35 hours gameplay (I didn't quit out once)

Please see my progress below.

1. 1st Trial Boost account to Rank 50 - 7-8 Hours

2. Boost LLC2003 account of 1st Rank 50 - 2 Hours (jumped to Rank35)

3. 2nd Trial Boost account to Rank 50 - 3-4 Hours

4. Boost LLC2003 account of 2nd Rank 50 - 2.5 Hours (jumped to Rank41)

5. 3rd Trial Boost account to Rank 50 - 3-4 Hours

6. Boost LLC2003 account of 3rd Rank 50 - 2.5 Hours (jumped to Rank44)

7. 4th Trial Boost account to Rank 50 - 3-4 Hours

8. Boost LLC2003 account of 4th Rank 50 - 2 Hours (jumped to Rank47)

9. 5th Trial Boost account to Rank50 - 3 Hours

10. Boost LLC2003 account of 5th Rank 50 - 2 Hours (jumped to Rank49) - up 2 places (stalled 6 places short of Rank50)

11. 6th Trial Boost account to Rank50 - 2 Hours

12. Boost LLC2003 account of 4th Rank 50 - 1 Hour (jumped to Rank50) - achieved GOAT

I have made some notes:

- Always make sure you have at least one account at Rank45+, this is essential when creating additional Rank50's

- Even when you reach rank 50 with a boost account make sure you keep playing for 30 games to 'cement' it's place - this is essential when moving from Rank45-50

- Always have a pen and paper to hand to mark your progress - you can lose track very easy.

- Take breaks - every 15 games completed I just walked away for a few minutes and then came back.

- If like me you have played 150+ games the rank increases are very slow when you hit Rank40+. Even if you boost against a newly created Rank50 you may only jump 2-3 places (not ranks) up the leaderboard per game. This can be very frustrating as you need to play a further 30 games with a boost account to just move you up a few places.

- On eBay I purchased 10 Trial accounts for £10 ($15) - these we're emailed to me within an hour.

- Don't give up!!! - It can be very monotonous and very boring but in the end it will be worth while.

- Good luck :)

If you want the GOAT on your gamercard make sure it is your first priority when buying this game - if you are lucky enough to have not played any games online it is a guaranteed achievement is less than 8 hours.

(p.s - After achieving my GOAT last week I then completed the 50 ranked tournaments. As these we're my final two achievements I have since trading the game back, so PLEASE DON'T PM me asking for help with the GOAT).

^^That's true dedication right there. Thanks LLC for contributing to the thread and in case anybody thinks I'm exaggerating the time commitment for people that have played some games already, there is your proof. It can still be yours if you want it bad enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Ill be getting this game like next week and I want to make sure i have this. Roy if you could chime in or someone who has the GOAT it would be much appreciated.

Some Questions (Sorry If They Have Been Answered I want to make sure I know.

How many Trials should I get for these boosting accts.

(Note: I have not played this game on my card yet.)

If 4 Gets to 35 would I need 6-7 to get up to 50?

Also I play 30 Games At Least on Each Trial till I get to 50 with a trial?

Then Play with my Tag against it until I get the GOAT?

I'll Also be using a Dual 360 Set up. And I want to make sure I get this in one go.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Well, this guide is for people that are stuck with this game on their gamercard from years ago and are bent on getting it to 1k. Anybody else that surfs achievements forums and hasn't started should know better and stay the hell away from it. Just play through it on a separate tag so you don't have to deal with having to complete it if you have teh OCD.

Well, this guide is for people that are stuck with this game on their gamercard from years ago and are bent on getting it to 1k. Anybody else that surfs achievements forums and hasn't started should know better and stay the hell away from it. Just play through it on a separate tag so you don't have to deal with having to complete it if you have teh OCD.

LOL exactly. I am one of those that have had it for a long while and am now trying to get to 1000. I only need 2 more now (The Online 10 hours, and beat all star with every character.)

To the other guy I think you only need 5-6 Trials. If you haven't played any matches ever on your real account once you play against your ranked 50 account it should only take 5 matches. Good luck.

I'm gonna double post here just to say I love how everyone wants to be your friend once you reach rank 50. No one was interested in helping me, or helping me with tournaments but as soon as I post here I get 5 people asking me to help them get to rank 50.

We all go through this. Imagine how I felt being the first person to 1000 this game. I was getting dozens of messages per day... and heck, I still get a few every now and then, three summers later.

I'm gonna double post here just to say I love how everyone wants to be your friend once you reach rank 50. No one was interested in helping me, or helping me with tournaments but as soon as I post here I get 5 people asking me to help them get to rank 50.

Too true - I get about 2 a week.

The reason I've been asking people is because I'm really close and it wouldn't take long to help me there. I'm a level 46 with quite a few games played. I bet it would only take 20 games to get me to 50 if I had one or two high leveled people that would help. I have one but need another.

Sorry this is completely off topic of what the original forum is about but I just wanted to say that even if someone helped me I would gladly help them with whatever they might need in any game also. And I plan to help one of my friends get the GOAT after I get it.

It took me forever to get from 45-50, that was probably the hardest move. I had only lost probably around 10-15 lifetime. I played against my final dummy account I had that was a perfect 50(GOAT). I must have played 50-75 matches before I finally hit 50(GOAT), my dummy account moved down to around 40 and stayed a solid 40 even with all the losses. But it took a while.

Sorry guys, I edited the guide to not post if you got GOAT to prevent the begging spam. You can also delete your post by going back to it and clicking the Edit button/Delete this post on the bottom. There is enough content up top and scattered around other posts confirming that it works proper.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've never played a match online before, and I might try to get a 50 by boosting against a guy that once had a 50 (and got G.O.A.T.), but is now around a 43. He's down because he already helped someone else boost off his 50.

My question is whether I'm doing a lot of harm by boosting against him. Say for instance it only takes me 5-10 games to get a 45 or something like that off his 43. Will it harm me to continue to beat him, maybe another 20-30 games? I would keep playing to see if I continue to rank up. I imagine I might reach a deadlock where he gets too low and I get stuck, say around 46-47 or something. If I pound another 50 games out just to see if I move up, is that gonna cause problems if I ever get the chance to boost off of a current level-50? In other words will winning too much against this guy cement me into a 47, making it more difficult than usual (from scratch) traveling up from 47 -> 50?

^^Like the guide says, NEVER use your intended account unless you can get all the way to 50. You won't get to 50 with your friend at 43. But take this opportunity and use a trial account to boost off of him. This will save you at least a couple trial accounts compared to having to do it from scratch.

• 1 month later...