Glitched Dunk Off Achievement.

DubaiESP

Ok, so I finally get a Dunk Off againt Vince Carter, after like 8-10 dunk contest.

I did with LeBron in last round 92,94 and 100 dunks (rating), and no Dunk Off, so I tried again, and I did in last round 84,90 and 100 dunks (rating). You see the point...

So I beat Carter, he did 85, and 89 dunks, and I did 94 and 100, and here is the funny thing, NO ACHIEVEMENT...

I am so pissed off right now... I can tell right now that the achievemetn will unlock If you play against Kobe, just like happened in 2k8. I think this is the only explanation...

EDIT: I did the contest with LeBron, and I choose too, Carter, Wade and Dwight Howard. All 4 player runs by me. In the last round, fagains a Dunk Off, this time agains Kobe, he did 86 and 86, and I did 100 in my first, and in the second one... Owned for me, the time runned out... I was very stupid...

EDIT2: I did 100, 100 and 100 rating dunks in the third round, so I guess the only factor which matters for the Dunk Off is the luck...

Edited by DubaiESP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I am in the same boat as you. I played for must have been 10-15 dunk contests until I finally got a challenger (Tracey McGrady). I beat him by about 5 points and was waiting for my achievement but it never popped. I am trying to do this one first this year because every year I save it for last and get frustrated playing a game I am already tired of.

I got yesterday 2 Dunk Off, one against Kobe (the one that I messed up), and other one against Tmac, and no ach...

I was wondering, that I am going to put in the party for the contest, LeBron (uing by me), Vinsanity, Tmac, and I dont know If there is other one for the Dunk off, maybe, Howard, Wade or Richardson?

Anyway, today I think I will get the ach...

ANGRY EDIT: I beat Kobe and got nothing... what the fuck is happening here 2k?

Edited by DubaiESP

Damn has anyone gotten this one to unlock?

The funny thing, is that everyone who has it, seems to be cheating...

It's pathetic, I asked one person, and he response me: "Beat some challenger in a Dunk Off". REALLLY??????????????? So after that message, I saw his achievement, and he got the 100% achievement first than other 25+. I said to him that he is a cheeter, and he said: How did I cheat? Ridiculous

Talking about the ach... I am doing right now dunk contest with LeBron controlled by me, and Vinsanity, Tmac and Jay Rich controlled by CPU... Let`s hope this work... I am playing my third dunk contest... no Dunk Off yet.

But in the very first time that I get this annoying achievement, I will post here, so I will be able to confirm that this is not glitched (lets hope so...)

The funny thing, is that everyone who has it, seems to be cheating...

It's pathetic, I asked one person, and he response me: "Beat some challenger in a Dunk Off". REALLLY??????????????? So after that message, I saw his achievement, and he got the 100% achievement first than other 25+. I said to him that he is a cheeter, and he said: How did I cheat? Ridiculous

Talking about the ach... I am doing right now dunk contest with LeBron controlled by me, and Vinsanity, Tmac and Jay Rich controlled by CPU... Let`s hope this work... I am playing my third dunk contest... no Dunk Off yet.

But in the very first time that I get this annoying achievement, I will post here, so I will be able to confirm that this is not glitched (lets hope so...)

yeah some people unlock achievements by using a computer program that unlocks achievements instantly just by pressing a button on their controller. They're all cheaters that's why they got the unlock all achievements achievement before unlocking them all.

yeah some people unlock achievements by using a computer program that unlocks achievements instantly just by pressing a button on their controller. They're all cheaters that's why they got the unlock all achievements achievement before unlocking them all.

this achievement must be glitched. I got McGrady in a dunk off his first attempt he didn't even move he was just standing there with the ball. I beat him and it didn't unlock.

I AM SICK OF THIS!

No achievement yet... What the hell is wrong? I did this only using 1 dunker, Kobe in the Dunk Off and NO ACHIEVEMENT...

I give up here, by the time 2k update this I will try it again, is so easy now, but I am really pissed off because of the time I spent on this...

I AM SICK OF THIS!

No achievement yet... What the hell is wrong? I did this only using 1 dunker, Kobe in the Dunk Off and NO ACHIEVEMENT...

I give up here, by the time 2k update this I will try it again, is so easy now, but I am really pissed off because of the time I spent on this...

seriously I'm so pissed off this isn't the only one that won't unlock for me. I completed the summer circuit and no achievement I'm waiting about a month for this game to patch up I'm going back to Madden.

I was so pissed the other night... my first try at this achievement and I was kicking ass with Lebron got T-Mac to challenge me. I hit that dunk that VC hit in the dunk contest when he won (when he had his damn arm in the rim I forgot what it was called) and was winning by 89 and goddamn t-mac hits the Isaiah Rider dunk on me and gets a 91... and I lose by 2. I tried again for like 2 hrs and no dunk off :(

You guys may want to consider posting your glitched achievement experiences on the NBA 2K10 bugs/issues forum over at 2K Sports. The more people that report it, the more likely it is to get fixed sooner rather than later.

Yeah, if only that had worked with NHL 2K7 and 2K8. Worth another try though, so everyone let these terrible programmers about the latest 2K Sports glitch.

This is probably the worst nba 2k yet. Sure the game looks great but COME ON!!!! this game is not even close to being a complete game. I I got through the 20 wins dealing with the bogus servers then mopped up all the single game achievements. Finally finish up the dunk off achievements for a 1000 gamerscore. Finish this game and trade it away only to find out the Dunk off trophy achievement wont unlock. After beating Kobe, T-mac, and carter in the dunk off and still NOTHING!! this is crap. I guess i am forced to keep the game alittle longer to see if this problem gets fixed. (doubt it)