Post-X360A Review thoughts?

Chizwick

Having just read the review for this game, I'm even less interested in buying this than I previously was - which wasn't much, considering the polished turd that was FFXIII. Typically in the individual game forums, there lurks the true fans of the game: the ones who have played the game several times, and typically the only people to give it any sort of praise even if it's awful. So with that in mind, I must ask if this game is truly what the reviewer says it is, or if it's worth the $60+?

And here I am suckerd into playing it and trying to get as much out of it as I possibly can in a hopfully short amount of time! (Achievements)

Psi-Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy was a by far, way.. better game back on the Original Xbox then this POS!!

I wish they would have taken this concept and turned this POS of a game into something Great.

I wish Midway would just remake Psi-Ops for the 360 or just do another Psi-Ops game.. Shit or Both!!

If you have not played Psi-Ops and you are looking for a good, if not the best "MindJacking" game ever!!

Definitly check it out!

It's a Great game that was overlooked and under appreciated for it's time.

Thanks,

v BURNS v

The reason I ask is, I suggested this game to a friend based on what I'd read about it in a Game Informer some time ago - basically just the premise of the story, which sounded neat. Now I'm ashamed to have suggested it (though he didn't actually buy it), but at the same time I wonder if maybe X360A is being a little too harsh? It wouldn't be the first time that I've disagreed with a review from this site.

Ahh.. It's a Rent or GameFly it at Best.

It's kinda neat in a weird way, But also not Good in a Bad way.

I would not be as harsh as on this game as they were in the review in some areas.

Graphics are Good & Game play controlls are pretty solid

The play controlls are like Gears of War and once you've played a few levels, you've pretty much played the whole game.. but it can be pretty hard! if you don't have yourself equiped with the right plug-in's

I would give this game a 5 or 6 for it's effort of trying to be different.

Not a "Poor 4" like they did in it's review!

Hope this help ya.

Thanks,

v BURNS v

That review went up just after finding out it was what lovefilm (uk version of gamefly) were sending me. I've gotta say it pretty much nailed it. It's a seriously poor shooter with a few clever ideas that don't really work all that well. If that weren't bad enough you've also got to endure a terrible story which is badly delivered by what sounds like some generic voice library from a dynasty warriors game. Enemies take way too much of a beating, including 5 headshots to one guy earlier. Aiming and movement is stiff and awkward and the cover system simply doesn't work. With all this going on you'd think they'd allow you to feel like you can take a break from it, well tough, there's no pause function here! The "mindjack" thing's ok but in all actuality it's merely a fine polish on what is quite simply a lump of analy excreted matter. This one's well worth avoiding at all costs.

This game is worth adding to your 360 collection. Every shoot em up game is exactly the same so games like Mindjack,Kane and Lynch etc. that add exciting new elements to the fray is worth a try at least. This games combat feels like Alpha Protacol which is not complimentery. The storyline is worse then the movie Freejack. However the multiplayer is very fun and why buy a shooter if not for the MP? If they would only put in a leaderboard this game would definitely be worth 59.99. I suggest waiting for the price to drop then getting it.

• 2 years later...