Traveler Achievement only Guide

Ray5555

no. I wasnt sure if the achievement had to be done on 1 playthru so I went everywhere again. Only reason I didnt enter the fade was because I didnt know it would count as a separate area. I lucked out that it must have counted on my 1st playthru. The 2nd time is much faster though - use the x button to skip scenes and conversations, use the leveling trick to get to level 25 within the 1st hour or so and then just burn through it.

I had missed out on 3 of the endings and the romance stuff so I needed a second run anyway.

Did you skip many buildings too? I just want to be 100% sure I don't need to go into every chantry or market store. I'm just going to hit all the locations above and cross them off one by one.

2nd run is much faster, I love skipping the dialogue and my first rogue is a beast since I was able to define Leilana so well. I'm already at Lothering less then an hour. I figure by the end of the week I'll be completely finished, I'm still ticked I need to complete the entire game AGAIN but it's such a good game it's hard to be too angry about it.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i know what one i missed .. i didnt get arrested when i went to save the queen.. i killed everyone there, thats the only place on your list i didnt go to so it must be it

Yeah see the first visit to fort drakon which is optional, and easily missable, is the dungeon part, and you only get one chance to get there. You must get arrested. If you don't you will miss this area.

Edited by Ray5555

Did you skip many buildings too? I just want to be 100% sure I don't need to go into every chantry or market store. I'm just going to hit all the locations above and cross them off one by one.

2nd run is much faster, I love skipping the dialogue and my first rogue is a beast since I was able to define Leilana so well. I'm already at Lothering less then an hour. I figure by the end of the week I'll be completely finished, I'm still ticked I need to complete the entire game AGAIN but it's such a good game it's hard to be too angry about it.

I went everywhere that the main plot points and side quests took me too. May be overkill but I didnt feel like a 3rd playthru. Im sure I did not go into EVERY building but I didnt intentionally skip them either. I really dont think the buildings of an area count toward the achievement, just the overall area itself. The buildings count toward your percentage but I dont think thats the same thing. I did not do every character sidequest either.

I went everywhere that the main plot points and side quests took me too. May be overkill but I didnt feel like a 3rd playthru. Im sure I did not go into EVERY building but I didnt intentionally skip them either. I really dont think the buildings of an area count toward the achievement, just the overall area itself. The buildings count toward your percentage but I dont think thats the same thing. I did not do every character sidequest either.

What was your % at the end? I'm just nervous I want to make sure if it counts, it counts. If it's like the low 80's then I'm fine, I'm just annoyed I had 95% and it couldn't be bothered to give me a pass in that case.

This popped for me and I wouldn't mind sharing my stats... I was just wondering where I could find them?

Just press the back button, and go to Quest menu. Then from there press left until you see where it says individual achievements, and there is a thing that says party achievements. it will appear on the right side and you can scroll down using the RS to see your stats.

What was your % at the end? I'm just nervous I want to make sure if it counts, it counts. If it's like the low 80's then I'm fine, I'm just annoyed I had 95% and it couldn't be bothered to give me a pass in that case.

My save right before the final boss fight (literally in front of the door) shows 93% complete. I got the achievement when I entered that last door.

My save right before the "final" landsmeet cut scene (again right at the door) is at 78%. After that point, I went straight to the end so the remaining areas would be all the battles throughout denerim on the way to the final boss fight area.

The only places that "should" count towards this achievement is when it actually pops up in game and tells you a somewhere is "unlocked". Random houses and places shouldn't count. Places unlocked by Shale or any other DLC, certainly won't count towards it, or matter.

I believe that going into the buildings does count towards this.

I didn't get this on my first playthrough. On the second the only difference was this time i went into the dwarven chantry that opens up after that quest and the haunted oprhan building in the alienege.

After doing those two and finishing the game the achievement unlocked.

I believe that going into the buildings does count towards this.

I didn't get this on my first playthrough. On the second the only difference was this time i went into the dwarven chantry that opens up after that quest and the haunted oprhan building in the alienege.

After doing those two and finishing the game the achievement unlocked.

I did both of these as well and got a % point for the orphanage but nothing for the chantry just fyi not sure if its by % or locations but with enough data like this we'll figure it out :woop:

i have a quick question i missed the assassin's stronghold, so i was thinking since the data is transferred between playthroughs is it possible to discover the location with the second character and then load the save of the previous one just in-front of the final door, would that unlock it?

My save right before the final boss fight (literally in front of the door) shows 93% complete. I got the achievement when I entered that last door.

My save right before the "final" landsmeet cut scene (again right at the door) is at 78%. After that point, I went straight to the end so the remaining areas would be all the battles throughout denerim on the way to the final boss fight area.

Actually the last story battles, as well as the districts in denerim during the final battles count as towards the world %. I was at 78% until I went through the final battles and did District missions again to kill the Darkspawn generals. I would have listed the Market district, and alienage as new areas in the guide, but I already have them listed. since they are story required It is useless for me to put them in there again.

Edited by Ray5555

Actually the last story battles, as well as the districts in denerim during the final battles count as towards the world %. I was at 78% until I went through the final battles and did District missions again to kill the Darkspawn generals.

I was also at 78% going into the Landsmeet and then after the final battles to the rooftop my final was 93%. The whole of Fort Draxon only gives 1% so those final battles really give you some nice jumps in exploration.

Actually the last story battles, as well as the districts in denerim during the final battles count as new areas. I was at 78% until I went through the final battles and did District missions again to kill the Darkspawn generals.

Yeah like i said, I was at 78% right at that point too, just prior to the last landsmeet cutscene which is the point of no return. After defeating the 2 generals and fighting all the battles, standing right in front of the door to the archdemon my percentage complete was 93%. When I open that final door the achievement unlocked.

Just for info when I resumed the game in "freeplay" mode after the ending and check my percentage it is 94% explored.

Yeah like i said, I was at 78% right at that point too, just prior to the last landsmeet cutscene which is the point of no return. After defeating the 2 generals and fighting all the battles, standing right in front of the door to the archdemon my percentage complete was 93%. When I open that final door the achievement unlocked.

Just for info when I resumed the game in "freeplay" mode after the ending and check my percentage it is 94% explored.

Wait, are you saying that you didn't get 100% exploration after the credits and resuming the game, but still got the achievement?

Well, assuming this isn't a glitched achievement, this list is eitehr not complete or not telling us everything.

It's a great check list, so thanks for putting it together, but I went through and checked every single one off and didn't get the achievement. Finished the game, and when I resumed (After credits) my stats say 95% explored.

Does every character hae a private quest? And do any o them have new places to explore? I only did Shale, Morrigan and Alistairs quests, so Im thinking that may be the case (Does the skit with the Anvil etc count as Oghren's personal quest?)

I'm not sure if you can get the achievement on multiple playthroughs. I am fairly sure that I only missed Kadan-Fe on my first playthrough and the achievement didn't unlock once I went there on my second playthrough. What sucks if this is the case is that comkpletely forgot about the fade in Redcliffe and killed Connor. Oh well I was going to do atleast 6 playthroughs anyway.

wow, I had the same stats in exploration like some of you, 93%, just before the door to the final boss. But once I went trough the door, the achievement did not unlock. Maybe I missed something important or it's glitched or something... Any thoughts?

I'll probably get it on my second run...

My guess is that maybe you went into more random buildings but missed a small area. That would give you the same % but you still have not been to every area. I don't really know though, so just a guess. I think the thing to remember is that the achievement is for areas unlocked and NOT 100% complete. I can see how people could get the achievement at various completion between 93 - 100%. My final completion is at 94%. The only constant I've heard is that it always pops at the end of the game when going into the final boss fight.