New Loot Chest Edition

Nozza

Sadly, this is not an April Fools! Being one of the "few" to actually get this LE, I'm not impressed they're bring out another one and not only that, it's got different content!

Borderlands 2 Swag-Filled Limited Edition Diamond Plate Loot Chest

Over the weekend during PAX East, Gearbox announced the “Borderlands 2 Swag-Filled Limited Edition Diamond Plate Loot Chest”.

For those of you who missed out on the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition of Borderlands 2, now you’ll have a second chance to something… similar.

The Borderlands 2 Swag-Filled Limited Edition Diamond Plate Loot Chest will be sold exclusively through ThinkGeek.com at a price of $99 and includes the following:

• Diamond Plate Loot Chest (18″ long x 8″ deep x 6.25″ tall)
  • Loot Chest Certificate of Authenticity
  • A rare vacuform Goliath mask w/ SHiFT code that unlocks the head in-game
  • 20 Trading cards with SHiFT codes that unlock Legendary items in game
  • Vault Hunters Wanted Poster
  • Window Decals for Hyperion, Jakobs, Maliwan, and more

One thing that you’ll notice is absent from the list is a copy of the game. This isn’t so much an “edition” as it is a collection of swag and in-game content. This is a great opportunity to buy a Borderlands 2 Loot Chest if you missed it the first time around, or if you’re interested in buying your way into some legendary weapons rather than grinding or trading online.

For those of you who don’t fall into those groups the price seems a little steep for what you get but the limited nature should keep the hardcore collectors happy.

http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/zoom/f497_loot_locker.jpg

http://collectorsedition.org/uploads/2013/03/borderlands_2_swag_filled_limited_Edition_diamond_plate_loot_chest.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f497/

Edited by Nozza

Sadly, this is not an April Fools! Being one of the "few" to actually get this LE, I'm not impressed they're bring out another one and not only that, it's got different content!

I don't see what the problem is, it a fancy box with some stuff in it (the in game content will likely be duped or released as paid DLC anyways), it's not like it's a special edition with the game, the only stuff I can see being unique is the physical content: mask/stickers/posters/cards.

The only issue I see is that people'll have to find space for 2 large plastic boxes with slightly different paint jobs.

• 4 weeks later...
Can't be arsed to do that.

I just want Borderlands 2 to be over.

Well, all that I can say is that since we (the users &/or maintainers of this site) are not in charge of the DLC schedule (and this thread doesn't even have anything to do with the 4th DLC): It's seem like you've got awhile to wait, and I fear that if they want to milk the game more (rumours of a 2nd Season pass and such) you'll have even longer to wait until you've got the final 100%, you should just give up on the game and come back to it when you've forgotten what it is you dislike about the game. :p