The Nightmare Achievement List

WalterWhite

They really went easy on us with the achievements for Far Cry 3. So for fun I'm throwing together the nightmare achievement list that could have been. Feel free to add to the list!

My Father's Black Card

Buy all attachments and paint jobs for every weapon and spend $100,000 at the shop.

Aftermarket Rehab

Complete the game without spending any money in the shop (Excludes quest objectives).

Silent And Deadly

Liberate all outposts without being detected on Insanity.

Extremely Loud And Incredibly Lethal

Liberate all outposts after an alarm has been triggered on Insanity.

Indiana Would Be Jealous or The Smithsonian Called Today...

Collect all Letters of the Lost, Memory Cards and Relics.

I Just Won't Wait To Be King

Unlock all entries in the Survival Guide and hunt and skin one of each animal in the game.

The Most Dangerous Game or Quint Would Be Proud

Complete all Path of the Hunter quests on Insanity and craft all upgrades for your equipment.

No Animals Harmed In The Taking Of This Island

Complete the game on Insanity without any equipment upgrades (Excludes quest objectives).

It's Uphill Both Ways

Complete the game without setting foot in a vehicle (Excludes Supply Drop and vehicle-based quests).

We're Never Going Home or He Who Paints The Roses Red

Complete all Supply Drop quests.

I Will Find You, And I Will Kill You or Boba? I Hardly Know Her

Complete all Wanted Dead quests.

You're One Of Us Now or Now Take Me To Your Leader

Beat all Trial of the Rakyat scores.

Guns Don't Kill People, You Do or UMAD BROdy?

Get 100 kills with each weapon in the shop.

No Dwarfs, Just Snow White

Perform seven Death From Above and seven Death From Below takedowns.

Cupid's Wrath or He'll Shoot Your Eye Out

Kill a target with a headshot from the bow from 100m or more.

All The Way Down The Rabbit Hole or Headfirst Through The Looking Glass

Complete the game on Insanity.

A Sacrifice That The Island Demands

Complete all Co-Op missions on Insanity.

Edited by WalterWhite

Silent And Deadly

http://www.getoutandstayout.org/uploads/1/1/9/7/11971983/1060283.jpg?207

That is something I wouldn't ever EVER try.

I would lose my mind. The rest of them are pretty cool though. And I do agree that the achievements are quite easy, easier compared to 2 I will say that.

Good list.

Well.....THAT sucks

40G - Complete all but two co-op chapters with someone on your friends list, then notice they completed the last two without you.

:ass

Haha, I'll still do them with you, I don't mind going through them again.

It's Not Your Connection, The Co-Op Just Sucks - 999G

Endure a co-op game for thirty seconds.

One To Rule Them All - 1G

Do everything else.

Edited by WalterWhite

Oo! Oo! I got a few:

Blind Faith or Have I Ever Told You the Definition of Insanity?

Liberate all outposts on the southern island before unlocking the radio towers.

Diamonds in the Rough or But I Can't Carry Any More...

Collect all loot chests.

Dead Drop Disgustipated or The Millionth Time's the Charm

Simply land on an enemy from a hang glider, you don't even have to kill them. Good luck!

That is something I wouldn't ever EVER try.

I would lose my mind. The rest of them are pretty cool though. And I do agree that the achievements are quite easy, easier compared to 2 I will say that.

Good list.

I don't know...On the default difficulty outposts end up getting really easy to liberate silently as long as you have a silenced sniper rifle and are patient. Especially if there is a caged animal in camp. I haven't played the game on insanity so I don't know how much of a difference that would make. As long as people don't go for the alarm until they actually see you it wouldn't be all that hard...Just a little time consuming.

OT: Amazing list and some other really great ideas in the posts

Blind Faith or Have I Ever Told You the Definition of Insanity?

Liberate all outposts on the southern island before unlocking the radio towers.

You know I was going to write one for playing without Radio Towers myself and I forgot to add it before I finished, nice. That's a good one, it would be a real pain.

How to make any game's achievement list a nightmare? Add just one MP achievement. There. Done.

I forgot these too, but I suppose making up horrible multiplayer achievements isn't nearly as fun since we all really hate those anyway.

Not Even Xbox360achievements.org Can Help You Now or Put This In Your Roadmap And Smoke It - 5G

Reach the maximum level in multiplayer while actually enjoying yourself (Party Chat Not Allowed).

Edited by WalterWhite

You know I was going to write one for playing without Radio Towers myself and I forgot to add it before I finished, nice. That's a good one, it would be a real pain.

Quite frankly, if even one of your achievements were on the list, I might re-consider playing the game at all. :D

Quite frankly, if even one of your achievements were on the list, I might re-consider playing the game at all. :D

I would be in the bitching thread as a gamer if this was the achievement list and I would totally make a list like this if I was a developer. Honestly though looking over it, it's kind of similar to Dishonored's achievement list, maybe a little Deus Ex as well.

They really went easy on us with the achievements for Far Cry 3. So for fun I'm throwing together a nightmare achievement list that could have been. Feel free to add your own versions of torture.

My Father's Black Card

Buy all attachments and paint jobs for every weapon and spend $100,000 at the shop.

Done.

Aftermarket Rehab

Complete the game without spending any money in the shop (Excludes quest objectives).

Silent And Deadly

Extremely Loud And Incredibly Lethal

Liberate all outposts after an alarm has been triggered on Insanity.

Indiana Would Be Jealous or The Smithsonian Called Today...

Collect all Letters of the Lost, Memory Cards and Relics.

Done.

I Just Can't Wait To Be King

Unlock all entries in the Survival Guide and hunt and skin one of each animal in the game.

Done.

The Most Dangerous Game or Quint Would Be Proud

Complete all Path of the Hunter quests on Insanity and craft all upgrades for your equipment.

No Animals Harmed In The Taking Of This Island

Complete the game on Insanity without any equipment upgrades (Excludes quest objectives).

It's Uphill Both Ways

Complete the game without setting foot in a vehicle (Excludes Supply Drop and vehicle-based quests).

Done if we're not counting hang gliders that are NECESSARY for relic collection to be flown.

We're Never Going Home or He Who Paints The Roses Red

Complete all Supply Drop quests.

Done.

I Will Find You, And I Will Kill You or Boba? I Hardly Know Her

Complete all Wanted Dead quests.

Done.

You're One Of Us Now or Take Me To Your Leader

Beat all Trial of the Rakyat scores.

I could probably finish this one. I haven't done 3 of the Trials.

Guns Don't Kill People, You Do or UMAD BROdy?

Get 100 kills with each weapon in the shop.

No Dwarfs, Just Snow White

Perform seven Death From Above and seven Death From Below takedowns.

Cupid's Wrath or He'll Shoot Your Eye Out

Kill a target with a headshot from the bow from 100m or more.

Done.

All The Way Down The Rabbit Hole

Complete the game on Insanity.

A Sacrifice That The Island Demands

Complete all Co-Op missions on Insanity.

Might I add a couple?

You Call That A Knife?

Complete the entire game without firing a single weapon. Thrown objects do not count against you (molotovs, grenades, C4, Mines, rocks).

Drugs Are Bad, Mmkay?

Complete the game without crafting or using a single syringe.

I Feel The Need For Speed

Get 1st Place on every racing Mission on Insanity.

I Haven't Changed, But I'm Not The Same

Complete the game on any difficulty without purchasing a single skill.

Michael Bay Was Busy

Complete the entire game on any difficulty without causing an explosion or using explosives (do not explode cars either, though enemies can blow them up). Any mission where it is mandatory to use an explosive weapon or to blow up cars does not count against this achievement.

Well, those are my two cents ^_^

Edited by Tai_MT
Noticed I had one achievement someone else already suggested.

Drugs Are Bad, Mmkay?

Complete the game without crafting or using a single syringe.

I Haven't Changed, But I'm Not The Same

Complete the game on any difficulty without purchasing a single skill.

The fuck!? Those two would be hard as hell! Not purchasing any skills means you're stuck with like 2 or 3 bars of health for the whole game! And not using any healing items? :eek:

Came into the forum, saw the thread title, was happy because I assumed "the nightmare" was a leaked DLC.

Then I read the start of the first post and realised that it wasn't a new DLC, and I was unhappy.

Then I read the whole thread, and now I'm happy again.

My exact experience! xD

The fuck!? Those two would be hard as hell! Not purchasing any skills means you're stuck with like 2 or 3 bars of health for the whole game! And not using any healing items? :eek:

But, entirely doable since you can do First Aid on yourself whenever you want without a syringe. And all you have to do is not get shot at and screwed up.

What's even better? You can do this on any difficulty. I could probably do it on Normal, though I shudder about trying.

SAVE OFTEN! Ha ha.

But, entirely doable since you can do First Aid on yourself whenever you want without a syringe. And all you have to do is not get shot at and screwed up.

What's even better? You can do this on any difficulty. I could probably do it on Normal, though I shudder about trying.

SAVE OFTEN! Ha ha.

Ahh, so self-healing is acceptable then? :p Good.

I've always enjoyed when the community creates a Thread dedicated to 'player-created achievements.' I feel as though the community often times has better ideas on what may be more challenging or enjoyable to achieve during gameplay than the developers themselves.

It's Uphill Both Ways

Done if we're not counting hang gliders that are NECESSARY for relic collection to be flown.

If you're talking about some of the relics on Islands that don't seem to have a way up you can actually climb those hillsides using a modified version of the ElderScrolls/Fallout mountain "hack" jump. Basically you just run at various angles spamming the jump button and you eventually make it up something you weren't supposed to be able to climb.

If you're talking about some of the relics on Islands that don't seem to have a way up you can actually climb those hillsides using a modified version of the ElderScrolls/Fallout mountain "hack" jump. Basically you just run at various angles spamming the jump button and you eventually make it up something you weren't supposed to be able to climb.

All of them had vines to climb up I thought? At least the 20 or so I got from islands.

Pretty sure Relic 107 (Heron) near Gaztwon (left most town on Island 2) is ONLY obtainable with the Hand-glider. No other way possible to get that one.

There were two relics I picked up that REQUIRED me to use the Hang Glider to obtain. There's one on an island that I couldn't do the "hack jump" that I'd been using for all the rest of the islands. There was just nowhere to jump up to because of the sheer cliffs on the place. It stuck up about twenty feet high with no slope on it.

Then, there was the one in the ravine. There's a little shrine in the cliffside. I fell to my death ten or twelve times without ever ONCE seeing a way into this little nook. I saw no vines. I saw no alternate paths. I couldn't drop into it... I just went up the hill, grabbed the glider, then flew into the small nook for that Relic.

Beyond those two Relics, I didn't need a vehicle or a glider for any of the rest. So, if we're not counting Hang Gliders that were required for me to use to obtain a relic... I actually beat the game on Normal without using a single vehicle that wasn't forced on me.

And yes, BiggD... You can self heal. The problem with that though?

If you accidently pick up a "first aid kit", it actually gives you a syringe that you cannot drop or get rid of. At all. So if you try to heal after picking one of those up, you'll use the syringe and forfeit the achievement.

Save often!

Shark Weak - Kill and skin 100 sharks on insanity difficulty

Hope they have good MPGs! - Drive 350 miles on all vehicles

Aimbot? - Kill 100 enemies with the Throwing Knife Takedown

Heavy? My Ass! - Melee 150 heavy enemies on insanity difficulty

The True Definition of Insanity - Complete the main story on insanity difficulty without any deaths.

Edited by Purple Hooter

There were two relics I picked up that REQUIRED me to use the Hang Glider to obtain. There's one on an island that I couldn't do the "hack jump" that I'd been using for all the rest of the islands. There was just nowhere to jump up to because of the sheer cliffs on the place. It stuck up about twenty feet high with no slope on it.

Then, there was the one in the ravine. There's a little shrine in the cliffside. I fell to my death ten or twelve times without ever ONCE seeing a way into this little nook. I saw no vines. I saw no alternate paths. I couldn't drop into it... I just went up the hill, grabbed the glider, then flew into the small nook for that Relic.

You and BiggD could very well be right. I only got relics off a couple islands and I was either able to find a place to "hack jump" or there were vines. I stopped getting relics after I got the achievement and leveled up all the way so you are probably right.