New Xbox Dashboard Update

Scienceakasyco

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't like the updates due to all the clutter. I like clean interfaces, desktops, etc. If we could turn off all the shit we don't need, use or want then I wouldn't complain.

Well personally, I think the new dashboard IS a clean layout. It's pleasing to my eyes.

Sounds like you just need to turn on the auto-play feature and skip the dashboard altogether when you turn on your Xbox. Problem solved.

Well personally, I think the new dashboard IS a clean layout. It's pleasing to my eyes.

Sounds like you just need to turn on the auto-play feature and skip the dashboard altogether when you turn on your Xbox. Problem solved.

auto-play doesn't work w/ arcade games, friends lists nor netflix. We need a "hide this channel/box" function like what they give for the welcome(?) row.

While it's design/layout isn't bad, per se, there's a good bit of stuff I could do w/o. Even if we couldn't remove them, having a way to reorganize them would work. Then I wouldn't have to scroll through the other blocks to get to what I use.

My Wife is in the beta program and has the update, but cannot find any way to install a game from disk to the HDD. Does anyone else know how you do it ? We have both been through the obvious menus relating to it, but cannot see it anywhere.

I've installed a few since getting it, hover over that little box for selecting to play the game.

Then hit X I think it is now to bring up the game details and it should say it right there to install, just select that and it's the same as before.

Also above, saying that is a clean layout, haha, what are you comparing it to? A landfill?

It's a clunky mess of slamming adverts in your face and too many worthless tabs. Plain and simple, it's been designed for Kinect, they clearly don't give a shit about folk using a controller.

Just further above that about someone saying you can stream 1080p, cool, let folk with slower internet/no internet know that.

Then again, I am on a 360-orientated site, does explain why people are so quick to try and shoot down BluRay :biglaugh

Is the update out?

Nope. Major Nelson is somewhat keeping people up to date on Twitter. My bet is not tonight anymore but it is only about 330pm out there so who knows. My bet would be same time tomorrow for the update as it woulda been today for everyone. Find your time here.

Edited by NY Yankees 23 2

Those times must be wrong because it says at 7:00 am and its already 3:50 pm

Are you serious? Its been delayed ALL DAY ! thats why there is a nearly a 9 hour time difference !

Anyways...Major Nelsons latest tweets are:

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1409782348/flaminghead_normal.jpg

@majornelsonLarry Hryb

Sorry for the dash launch delay. Good news: first set of customers will be getting the Xbox LIVE update within the next few hours.

8 minutes agovia TweetDeck

And when I say customers, I mean Xbox LIVE members :)

2 minutes agovia TweetDeck

I have it. Not impressed at the moment. These thigns always take getting used to though. BUT, initial impressions:

Adverts everywhere.

"games" section relegated third in the list of features behind tv and videos?

Also, achievements site right so we like achievements? I loved being able to flick over my games, and quickly see how I'm doing. Granted I may be missing something but I see no way to do this now? the only way I can see thus far of seeing achievements is by going to games, finding the game, clicking on the game, scrolling alone adn then clicking again. Just seems annoying.

Overall it feels gaming itself is less 'important' and central.

I imagiune it will be soemthing to get used to, just my initial reactions at the moment.

- Scarecrow

im not really likeing the update.. took me forever to figure out how to change my theme, an the bing search sucks.. i was lookin through the themes then decided to bing "dc comics" bc thats what the justice league theme i bought was under.. an it didnt bring up any of the themes, it was all cartoons an soundtracks.. it seems like anything i wana search for, it brings up everything except what im lookin for.. an in the games section, forget about searching for a certain game.. gota go through em all til u find the one ur tryin to find..

To me, the update cripples XBLIG. Not a lot of people about the indie game service, but taking away all functionality from it is completely stupid. There is no longer the option to search by genre, and the XBLIG section is just a list of 2000+ games all lined up. I know that not many people care, but seeing a service with a lot of great games (some better than half of the games on XBLA) get completely crippled is saddening to me.