PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > World of Tanks
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Crimson x360a's Gamercard
Beta anyone?

Who has the beta?
Crimson x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:30 AM   #2
Beefdagreat

Greatdrift's Gamercard
I have it. Since I've played the PC version for 2 years, I can say it is fun but there are some differences that annoy me.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
alpha17

alpha613's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've been playing it since day one launch and I believe they have released one update, which I feel really improved the game. You can only play as German or US tanks, TD's, and SPG's. you can only use up to tier 6.

So far if you've played it on PC which I feel half the people who are playing it have then you have a slight advantage of the layout of the three maps.

I play SPG's only and have played it so long now to the point were I can hunt for enemy SPG's and get blind fire kills.
alpha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Started playing the beta as well, never played the PC version but it seems like something that could be enjoyable as a group.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I tried it, was fine at first, but the controls went really laugh and un-responsive towards the end of it, the turret movement was fine, but the movement of the actual tank was so bad the game was unplayable.

Not tried it since, didn't exactly give me a good first impression.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:20 AM   #6
alpha17

alpha613's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
I tried it, was fine at first, but the controls went really laugh and un-responsive towards the end of it, the turret movement was fine, but the movement of the actual tank was so bad the game was unplayable.

Not tried it since, didn't exactly give me a good first impression.
The game has been updated multiple times since you might have last played it. They reset accounts, and opened up tier VII, VIII tanks for US and Germany, heavies only I thinks
alpha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
I've been playing the beta for a month and a half(w/ exception of 3 weeks it took me to 100% GTA V). It's not bad. Little surprised at how dead the forums are.
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My nephew and I have been playing the beta for a good deal of time and I actually like it. You could have one of the more powerful tanks in the game, but that won't really amount to anything if you're crap with it. But that's the fun of this game. Choose which tank class you're good with and go for it. Are you a hit-and-run type of player? Light or medium tanks are good to use for that task. Want to fight from a distance? Use a tank destroyer or artillery. The number of tanks, even in this beta, are quite plentiful and every one of them is unique.

It's a shame that none of the progress in the beta will transfer over to the real game when it releases (meaning I'll have to work again to unlock that T29), but if nothing else this beta helped me pick out the tanks I'm good with and the tanks I'm not so good with.

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #9
x SL4YER x

x SL4YER x's Gamercard
pc is best for this game not good with pad best for mouse and key board . but it very good game if you playit on pc
x SL4YER x is offline   Reply With Quote