Blur: Hard Difficulty Guide

Tyger7

Hard Mode Overview:

This game is meant to be played on this difficulty, as the Fan Targets on Destruction are most likely only obtained while going for the higher amount of points. The leaderboards also reflect anyone playing on hard, no matter the score, is placed above someone playing on a lower difficulty. Hard Mode can be tackled early on, or when you have beaten the game and have all Mod options and Career cars, though I will mostly be suggesting the normal cars. The Mods will only be used in racing, and the Nitro Drift Mod does seem to be the best to use (gaining it after you beat the game once). You will have a tough time on a few events, but nothing is impossible. Just keep trying. If you need to, take a break from the game for a day and come back to it. You'll be surprised sometimes on what that can do.

Races:

Races are the easiest of the Events to complete on Hard. There are a couple races which will prove difficult, but just like online, you can't always be sure you'll come in first place based on skill. This game has many random things happening, sometimes in your favor, other times not. You'll get in first place not only by skill, but survivability. Always check your mirror and stay a Barge distance away from opponents if you can. Being wrecked on Hard will surely put you at a terrible disadvantage for winning. Once ahead, remember to always Shield yourself and Nitro when you can. If none of these are available, have Bolts to take out incoming Shunts from behind. Using the right car is also a big help, so use the suggested cars in the guide.

Checkpoint:

A little more than half of these are pushovers. The rest are quite hard and will require you to memorize the track, and use the best available routes (explained in my description when I thought there was needed hints). If one route isn't working, try a different. Mix things up and try all kinds of ways. Sometimes you are given the choice between a Nitro and a stopwatch, normally getting the stopwatch is the better choice. Expect to attempt these well more than a few times, sometimes reaching into the double digets. Base it from checkpoint to checkpoint instead of a whole race. Checkpoint 1: Did you have to slow down at all? Try it without slowing down and with slowing down, what gives you the better time? That was just an example of how to think checkpoint to checkpoint. After a whole lap, did you have over 20 seconds? If you didn't, you didn't do good enough to get all lights, and are more than likely going to fail. Some of these events will feel nearly impossible, but that just means you must use the right car and go the right speeds grabbing the right pickups!

Destruction:

These events are for the most part pretty easy. I would say they are harder than checkpoint events but easier than the races. There are a few that ask for tons of points though, and their Fan Targets are extremely high! Beating these for the Fan Targets (for a different achievement) will prove way harder than just beating them in general. So take that in mind when playing them, as getting the Fan Targets will be more difficult on most of these. As you shoot cars you are given more time based on what car it is. try to shoot cars fast so that more spawn, giving you more time. When they spawn is the best time to fire Bolts at them, as there are a lot and it'd be hard to miss when they are lined next to eachother. Memorizing won't make sense here, so you'll have to focus on hitting your tagets and getting bonus points from hitting the cars in front (to destroy the ones behind).

Edited by Tyger7

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PROVING GROUNDS

Event 1: Barcelona Oval (Race)

Laps: 3

Suggest Cars: Chevrolet Camaro (Rat), Dodge Challenger SRT8, Nissan 350Z Nismo S-tune

Description: This is your first basic race, but shouldn't be that much of a problem. Try to pull get to the front, staying a bit away from the other cars. Let them wreck havoc upon themselves while you stay safe.

Event 2: Amboy (Race)

Laps: 2

Suggested Cars: Nissan Navara (Off-Road), Land Rover Defender SVX

Description: Possibly the hardest event in the series for most, you will have to get almost all Nitros and most likely need Off-Road type car. Towards the end of the lap, go through the hanger getting the Nitro, as well as the other Nitro on your left as you exit. Now Nitro around the corner followed by another when straight. Hitting the obstacle near the right of the track on the straightaway will most likely cause you a retry.

Event 3: Brighton (Destruction)

Point Goal: 100

Suggest Cars: Audi S3, Shannon’s Renault R230, Ford Focus RS

Description: This event is quite easy, even on the hard difficulty mode. Keep shooting as you get more Bolts. The farther away you can hit them the better, as you get a bonus. Also try to angle it so you hit the ones ahead of the pack. This will cause an additional bonus if another car is destroyed from the car's power-up upon destruction (a Bolt going backwards).

Event 4: LA Docks (Race)

Suggested Cars: Shannon’s Renault R230, Nissan 350Z, Dodge Challenger SRT8

Description: The car I used for this was the Beetle (Rat). The only problem I had was the corner with the water. If you get a Nitro and save it at that corner, you can Nitro into another Nitro instead of flying off into the water. This is a very easy race, even on hard, since it’s only a 10 person race. Using the suggested cars should make it even easier!

Event 5: Amboy (Race)

Suggested Cars: Nissan Avara (Off-Road), Land Rover Defender

Used the Nissan Avara (Off-Road) for the easiest time. This is a far more managable race than the first Amboy race in this series. You will have no trouble on this one if you were able to win the last one.

Event 6: LA River (Destruction)

Suggested Cars: Nissan 360Z, Dodge Challenger SRT8, Shannon’s Renault R230

Description: Use the same tactics as you used for Event 3. Follow the cars but stick to the parts of the track that have no water, so that you don't slow down too much. Sometimes it's a good idea to grab 2 or 3 Bolt power-ups before you start to shoot, so you can build up a combo. Just remember to keep watch on your time.

Event 7: Brighton (One-on-One)

Suggested Cars: Default

Description: Shannon is easy to destroy if you stick behind her, and it will make your race all that much quicker. If you don't mind taking your time, pulling ahead in to first will be just as good.

CITY SLICKERS

Event 1: LA Downtown (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: Audi S3, Nissan 350Z

Description: This is extremely hard if you don’t collect almost every stopwatch. What you need to do is use a car with tons of grip and low difficulty for handling. There are 3 important stopwatches that are difficult to get without good grip. You will get one turning a corner (barely getting) then get one straight ahead of you, then you have to turn early holding :ltbut:, letting go, then holding :rtbut: to get the one between the tree and the building on your right. Once you master getting those 3, you will see a sudden increase in performance. This should help you get at least 7 seconds of increased time.

Event 2: LA River (Race)

Suggested Cars: Nissan 350Z, Beetle (Rat)

Description: You will want some good acceleration. You should be comfortable in 1st to 3rd place, but the hard part is staying there. Focus on only grabbing Shunts, Nitro, and Shields. More Shield than the other, as at times the AI will heavily use Shock against you, especially near the end.

Event 3: Tokyo Shutoko (Race)

Suggested Cars: Nissan 350Z, Beetle (Rat), Dodge Challenger SRT8

Description: Get Nitro and Shield as needed. You should be able to beat this within a couple of attempts. Just make sure you’re careful on a few of the sharp turns, trying not to slam too hard into the wall.

Event 4: SanFran Sausalito (Race)

Suggested Cars: Audi S3, Dodge Challenger SRT8, Nissan 350Z

Description: This level can be handled with several cars fairly well, but it might take you until late into the second lap to get into first. There is only a couple bad areas where you’ll start drifting, but a Nitro or two can fix this (they appear after the turn though). If you’re having hard time with it, you may try faster but drifty cars as well relying more heavily on Nitro turning (even Airbraking sometimes).

Event 5: La Docks (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: Land Rover LRX, BMW M3

Description: This checkpoint race is vicious when it comes to you making certain decisions. So never go through the shortcut with the gate that leads you around to a lot of stopwatches. Go to the left of that shortcut, then cross into the right section. Where there are puddles, Nitro through but don’t Nitro off the ramp (so you have more control when you land and don’t hit the wall too hard). That’s the best advice I can give you! Good luck!

Event 6: Barcelona Oval (Race)

Suggested Cars: Dodge Challenger SRT8, Nissan 350Z, BWM Concept 1 Series tii

Description: Dodge Challenger SRT8 worked well for this. Not many Nitros to pick up so just rely on Shunts and Lightning if you’re behind and Shield if you are ahead. Pretty easy race.

Event 7: Barcelona Gracia (One-on-One)

Desciption: Just a One-on-One nothing to worry about! There is one Shunt you should get on both laps and try to keep the pressure on him. Once you get ahead you should be able to stay in front and win. It’s easier to race him than to destroy him, as you are limited on good power-ups and he constantly uses shields.

FAN FAVORITE

Event 1: LA Downtown (Race)

Suggested Cars: BWM M3 E92, Toyota Supra

Description: This is a pretty tough race as you’re forced to start in 20th and get to 1st. You must use and abuse the Fan Demands that give you power-ups. When you get the Nitro one, do not use it until the Fan Demand time runs out. That way, you will have it for all 3 laps! Do the same with the other Demands (including the other Nitro).

Event 2: LA Docks (Destruction)

Point Goal: 140

Suggested Cars: Audio S3, AC Schinitzer ACS1

Description: This event shouldn't take more than a few tries. Go for the Fan Run if you can, to try and gain the Fan Target. You should always try to get the Fan Runs along with the Fan Targets when attempting these from here on out, as they go hand-in-hand if you want to gain all the lights in the game.

Event 3: Brighton (Race)

Suggested Cars: BWM M3 E92, Ford Bronco (Off-Road)

Description: After trying many cars, the Ford Bronco (Off-Road) was the car that worked for me. Get the only Shock in the level which is on the left by the water on the first big stretch. Get the Nitro before the tunnel and the Fan Demand will give you another Nitro! Refrain from using any Nitro until the Fan Demand runs out so you’ll have them each lap. After the tunnel, keep an eye to your left. There is yet another Nitro after the median ends. This is a pretty tough race!

Event 4: Amboy (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: BWM X5

Description: You’ll need an off-road car for this event (BWM X5 xDrive48i M)! Nitro and pick up stopwatches like crazy. Especially at the end of the lap, go through the hanger picking up stopwatches. Once around the corner hopefully you have 2 or 3 Nitro power-ups. They should make you have a pretty decent time with this event.

Event 5: Barcelona Gracia (Race)

Suggested Cars: Nissan 350Z, BWM M3 E92, Chevrolet Camaro SS

Description: The Nissan 350Z worked well for me. You don’t even have to worry about any drift or control problems on this track! You’ll get a Nitro from a Fan Demand followed by another Nitro. Like usual, let the Fan Demand run out. Pretty easy and straightforward.

Event 6: LA Docks (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: Ford Focus RS, Volkswagen Scirocco 24, Lotus Exige Cup 260

Description: This event was a huge struggle for a while until I stopped going for specific stopwatches. I personally used the Scirocco 24 for this. I’ll try to explain it as easily as I can. Ignore all stopwatches that are in the air. Follow every stopwatch route instead of a turbo route. At certain turns there are two rails (look closely) and bouncing off the first rail will allow you to get the stopwatch that would otherwise be impossible to get going at a good speed. Keep retrying until you get this, I went from 16 seconds left, focused on the above method, and came out 32 seconds ahead.

Events 7: LA River (One-on-One)

Description: You can win, or destroy your opponent in this One-on-One. I almost did both, having him at 1 red health bar and finishing first. A very easy One-on-One.

Edited by Tyger7

CRASH AND BURN

Event 1: LA Downtown (Destruction)

Point Goal: 160

Suggested Cars: Lotus Exige Cup 260, Volkswagen Scirocco 24

Description: This may be the hardest Destruction in the game (when going for Fan Targets at least). You can try to go for the Fan Target now or later, but you will have to become extremely lucky and/or good to get this one done with the Fan Targets.

Event 2: Barcelona Gracia (Destruction)

Point Goal: 180

Suggested Cars: Lotus Exige Cup 260, Dodge Viper ACR

Description: This event is another tough one for the Fan Targets as well as the point goal being set quite high. You're going to have to keep a constant high speed to keep up with the cars, having really good aim as they turn while you're still going straight. Keep trying and eventually you'll snag the goal.

Event 3: LA Docks (Race)

Suggested Cars: BWM M3 E92, Nissan 350Z

Description: Using the Nissan 350z you should have no trouble at all with this event, staying ahead of everyone during almost the whole race. Pick up the Nitro when you see it, and use Shield as well in order to block the incoming projectiles from 2nd place.

Event 4: LA River (Destruction)

Point Goal: 160

Suggested Cars: Nissan Navara (Off-Road), Ford Focus RS

Destruction: This may take an attempt or two to get used to the track, but you’ll soon master it. There will be a few long turns that make it very hard to shoot cars and will waste valuable seconds, so make sure you shoot the cars before or right after them. It's best to shoot the cars while they are next to the wall, with another small concrete wall to the right as well. It makes them very easy targets.

Event 5: Barcelona Gracia (Race)

Suggested Cars: BWM M3 E92, Nissan 350Z, Toyota Supra

Description: This will probably be a pretty close race, exchanging 1st through 3rd often. You should focus on the Nitro power-ups like usual, getting a Shield per lap and a Shock if you’re behind. A lot of cars will work here, I won on the first try with a Nissan 350Z personally.

Event 6: Brighton (Destruction)

Point Goal: 140

Suggested Cars: Ford Focus RS, Nissan Navara (Off-Road)

Description: Use the Ford Focus RS if you want an easy time with this event! You should feel comfortable on this track. When given the choice to stay on the street or go in the tunnel, stay on the street if not more than a couple cars go in the tunnel.

Event 7: SanFran Russian Hill (Race)

Description: The Hummer has tons of health, so it may be easier to just win in a race on this one. It shouldn’t be much of a challenge though, still shoot the opponent with power-ups to slow it down.

RUTHLESS AGRESSION

Suggested Cars: Ford Focus RS, Viper ACR

Description: The race for this event is extremely difficult often times punishing you for using certain cars by making sure you come in last place! The Viper ACR worked here, abusing Nitro and Lightning as much as you can! Try to use your Nitro on the sharper corners if you can. You might barely win this race.

Event 2: Hollywood Hills (Destruction)

Point Goal: 180

Suggested Cars: Renault Megane Trophy, Audi R8

Description: This event should be quite easy. In fact you might be wrecked before your time runs out. You should be able to get away using almost any car.

Event 3: Brighton (Race)

Suggested Cars: BWM M3 E92, Nissan Navara (Rat), Ford Focus RS

Description: Prepare yourself for a pretty difficult race. Though this is only a 10 car race, you’ll find the AI extremely aggressive, shooting you a lot more than usual. You’ll have a good chance with cars that have good grip and low difficulty. I finished 1st but not without a fight! I had to dodge 6 lightning bolts right before the finish line as well as a Shunt behind me when I did so! Always have a Shield handy.

Event 4: Hackney (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: BMW M3 E92, Audi TTS Coupe

Description: This is a brand new track that’s not even offered in multiplayer. It’s quite tough! The BWM is well enough balanced to attempt with, but try various cars. Right when you start go to your right (through the gate/shortcut). Continue on and when given the option to go up over a bridge or left and fall into a tunnel, go left! Around that last turn before the checkpoint are 3 valuable stopwatches you would most likely miss otherwise. You will have to practice slowing down and turning here, as the checkpoint is also the last checkpoint (8th). I finished at 00’20”14. You may have to play this several times.

Event 5: Tokyo Shutoko (Destruction)

Point Goal: 200

Suggested Cars: Dodge Viper ACR, Volkswagen Scirocco 24

Description: This is actually a pretty easy challenge without anything special. I personally used the Viper ACR for the speed, as sometimes it takes a little bit to catch up to the cars ahead of you.

Event 6: Amboy (Race)

Suggested Cars: Bowler Nemesis, Ford Focus RS, BMW X5 xDrive48i M

Description: You’re going to need an Off-Road car for this one race. The BMW X5 xDrive48i Sport is a prime choice. At the end of the lap go through the hanger to pick up the two Nitro power-ups and Nitro around the corner (using the wall as a guide, scrapping against it), then use your other Nitro to pick up speed to get to the finish line.

Event 7: SanFran Sausalito (One-on-One)

Description: It’s hard to decide if you should just race her or wreck her. Wrecking does work, but if you aren’t fast even if she doesn’t have a Repair, she will gain max life if you wait too long before hitting her again. Racing on the other hand might prove a bit difficult, as she seems to love randomly having 3 Shocks at her disposal even without previously picking any up! Overall shouldn’t take too many attempts.

MIDAS TOUCH

Event 1: Hollywood Hills (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: Land Rover LRX, Audi TTS Coupe

Description: This checkpoint event has no Nitro power-ups. You cannot afford to miss any stopwatches, and your car must be going fast almost the entire event! This might be the quitting point for some people, as it tests your patience to the extreme. You may get lucky and make it on a few attempts. Otherwise, you will be learning this race through a lot of trial and error. You can try whatever car you want and most likely fail. There are few cars that can complete this. one I suggest is the Land Rover LRX which is what I used and beat the race well over the 20 seconds 4 times in a row.

Event 2: Hackney (Race)

Suggested Cars: Ford Focus RS, Volkswagen Scirocco 24

Description: A 10 car race, where the cars seem to be more aggressive with power-ups. Mines being placed right after the Mine power-up location for example. Get as many Nitro power-ups as you can using a car with good grip (Focus RS highly suggested).

Event 3: SanFran Russian Hills (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: Lotus Exige Cup 260, Volkswagen Scirocco 24, Ford Focus RS

Description: You will need great grip and low difficulty. Go slower when you have to for certain stopwatches, and always Nitro after a sharp turn which slows you down heavily. Also you’ll want to grab the 2 stopwatches and then go in the tunnel that leads to a Nitro and a drop off.

Event 4: LA Downtown (Race)

Suggested Cars: Ford Focus RS, Ford GT, Dodge Viper ACR

Description: You’re going to have to go almost completely on the defensive here, getting only Shield and Repair (of course, Nitro as well). Wrecking will surely make you lose the race, and the other cars are extremely aggressive towards you.

Event 5: Barcelona Gracia (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: BMW M3 E92, Audi TTS Coupe

Description: These checkpoint events seem to keep getting harder and harder! Keep trying, aiming to get as many of the stopwatches as you can while using Nitro on the sharp corners and straight areas. Keep the Fan Run in mind, as it shows you exactly how to do the curvy area perfectly. In fact, do it and don’t finish it on purpose so that you can use it as guidelines again!

Event 6: LA Downtown (Race)

Suggested Cars: Ford Focus RS, Corvette ZR1

Description: The Ford Focus RS will prove it’s worth yet again! Usually I mention to fail fan demands on purpose, but in this case, when given the Nitro Fan Demand, you will want to use this around the next corner. Getting into first early on is the key to winning this event!

Event 7: NY Dumbo (One-on-One)

Description: This track doesn’t have a whole lot of options for power-ups. If you choose to wreck your opponent, you’ll have to be a good shot with Bolt, as Shunts are scarce but they are still around. Racing is an easy way to win. Once ahead, just keep using the Nitros laying around. The lack of power-ups is in your favor, as Talon won’t be able to use much against you either!

Edited by Tyger7

DOUBLE DAMAGE

Event 1: Tokyo Shutoko (Race)

Laps:3

Suggested Cars: Audi R8, Koenigsegg CCX-R, Megane Trophy

Description: Try to get in first and stay there, picking up Nitro and Shield every chance you get. Repair is important, as you’re most likely not only being damaged from cars, but from walls as well. There are a few Shocks around that will either aid or ruin your chances to getting in first place. This is why it’s crucial you get Shield.

Event 2: LA Downtown (Destruction)

Point Goal: 220

Cars Suggested: Ford Mustang GT-R, Megane Trophy

Description: It may seem like a ton of points to get, but within a few tries you should have more than enough! You’ll be getting plenty of long shot and bonus points here.

Event 3: Hollywood Hills (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: Megane Trophy, Opel Astra Extreme

Description: You must be extremely fast, and collect every single stopwatch (maybe missing two, max). This is the hardest event, though almost a tie with Mount Haruna Checkpoint event. When faced with the decision to go on the outside, do it every time. So outside on first big turn, and then outside (closest to edge) of the Hollywood sign. This is the most crucial decision, as it allows you an extra stopwatch! If you don’t have 20 seconds by the end of the Hollywood sign, you are most likely not going to make it. This may very well be what will stop most people from finishing Hard Mode!

Event 4: Barcelona Oval (Race)

Suggested Cars: Challenger SRT8, Koenigsegg CCX-R

Description: This event has no sharp turns, so you can use whatever car you want (though it should be the best in acceleration and speed). The Dodge Challenger SRT8 works well, as it also has a lot of health. This is going to be an extremely hard race. When the course separates, go to the right to grab the turbo. You will gain another turbo (a Fan Demand) and a Shock in this route, making it by far the better route! Just keep trying. This is a very tough race. Expect to be Bolted many times while going for power-ups, and expect cars to randomly swerve into the power-ups you’re attempting to grab.

Event 5: Barcelona Gracia (Destruction)

Point Goal: 220

Suggested Cars: Opel Astra Extreme, Megane Trophy

Description: You’ll need a fast car (but not too fast) in order to stay with the cars. This is going to be a bit harder than your previous Destruction Challenges, but you should manage after a few good attempts. The Opel Astra Extreme works well if you happen to have this car.

Event 6: NY Dumbo (Race)

Suggested Cars: Megane Trophy, Koenigsegg CCX-R

Description: Use the Megane Trophy again for an easy victory. Stay ahead and use the same tactics like normal (Nitro/Shield). This track is only 2 laps, so keep that in mind when doing the Fan Demands!

Event 7: Mount Haruna (One-on-One)

Description: This is going to be a very nice break from all of the hard events you have been playing. There are no Shunts on this track, and you have two people you would have to wreck. Just win this extremely easy race instead. The twins are not aggressive at all, you may not even need to use Shield or Repair unless you’re taking damage hitting corners.

LOOSE CANNON

Event 1: NY Dumbo (Race)

Suggested Cars: Megane Trophy, Harumi's Nissan Skyline, Dodge Viper GTSR

Description: It might start sounding like the same race, but use Megane Trophy, get Nitros/Shields and be sure to not complete the Fan Demand Nitro which asks you to Nitro Barge someone. Really easy race!

Event 2: Hollywood Hills (Destruction)

Point Goal: 240

Suggested Cars: Voklswagen Scirocco 24, BMW X5 xDrive48i

Description: Volkswagen Scirocco 24 will be more than enough to handle this easy event. Wait until you come around the turns and then shoot when straight. Proves to be really easy, besides the fact it’s the second to last Destruction Event.

Event 3: Tokyo Shutoko (Race)

Suggested Cars: Megane Trophy, Nissan Skyline GT-R, Koenigsegg CCX-R

Description: Megane Trophy will work great. After many hard events this race will be very easy! Anything I say will just be repeating what I normally say, straight forward race here.

Event 4: Mount Haruna (Checkpoint)

Suggested Cars: Megane Trophy, Nissan Skyline GT-R, Shannon's Opel Astra

Description: This is going to be an extremey hard checkpoint race. You must try to get almost every stopwatch as well as enough Nitros in order to pass this (probably barely). The finish line is quite the distance from the last checkpoint, and there's only one lap, so multple retrying will be required here. Try your best to stay only on the concrete road, and Nitro any time you go below a comfortable speed.

Event 5: SanFran Russian Hill (Destruction)

Point Goal: 300

Suggested Cars: Toyota Supra, Ryhmer's Chevrolet Camaro SS, BMW M3 E92

Description: This is the last Destruction Event and they make you work for it! Toyota Supra is a good car to use. You will be getting almost all long shots here, so don’t try to play catch up. Look at the beams of light above the cars and aim your car in that direction while shooting. This may take several attempts if you aren’t very good at this type of event.

Event 6: SanFran Sausalito (Race)

Suggested Cars: Megane Trophy, Audi R8, Harumi's Nissan Skyline

Description: Don’t give up if you aren’t in first place after the first lap, as you can make a good comeback. I went from 13th to 1st after being wrecked even! This was on my first attempt, so probably minimal retries here.

Event 7: Tokyo Shutoko (One-on-One)

Cars: Default

Description: Just gain Nitro every chance you get, and don’t worry about trying to Wreck him. No Shunts, and the AI seems to use Barge a lot when trying to Bolt him (yes, he’s that good that he can block your Bolts with a Barge!).

SHOW DOWN

Suggested Cars: Koenigsegg CCX-R, Megane Trophy, Viper Venom 1000

Description: Not many different choices on this map, just do the best you can with what you find. There are a lot of Nitro power-ups. Be careful not to be wrecked, or you might have a tough time coming back to win.

Event 2: SanFran Sausalito (Race)

Suggested Cars: Megane Trophy, Harumi's Nissan Skyline

Description: This race has all kinds of power-ups everywhere, so always be on the lookout for incoming danger (Shunts that aren’t targeted for you, but manage to be tracking you anyways). Repair often, Shield often, and Nitro more than often! Shock will be needed a few times if people are ahead of you.

Event 3: Hackney (Race)

Suggested Cars: Megane Trophy, Koenigsegg CCX-R, Audi R8

Description: If you don’t get ahead fast in this race, you’ll end up far behind 1st and possibly 2nd. As you battle your way through the cars, the first place car seems to be left alone, enjoying an easy win. Try your best to get ahead before the first lap is over. It will be too hard to catch up if you fall behind battling cars.

Event 4: Mount Haruna (Race)

Laps: 1

Suggested Cars: Viper Venom 1000, Koenigsegg CCX-R

Description: This is almost a joke of a race, once you get ahead focus on Shield as much as you can to prepare for a Shock onslaught. Past that, keep picking up Shield and lay Mines. You should finish way ahead of everyone. You can use almost any car.

Event 5: NY Dumbo (Race)

Suggested Cars: Megane Trophy, Viper Venom 1000, Audi R8

Description: Another race you will want to be getting into first, and getting as far ahead of everyone as possible. Though most cars will work good, Shannon’s Opel works even better.

Event 6: Brighton (Race)

Suggested Cars: Dodge Viper GTSR, Koenigsegg CCX-R, Megane Trophy

Description: Try to get ahead of the pack right by the end of the first lap. This race is very brutal, as everyone you’re racing against has a severe grudge against you for beating them in their One-on-One’s! Fail the Fan Demand specific to Nitro while keeping another Nitro handy. When you come to the two very sharp corners you’ll want to drift and then Nitro when facing the straight part. This should be a big help!

Event 7: Hollywood Hills (One-on-One)

Description: This is actually quite a hard race. The only tough race for One-on-One. Use Shock every time you can, and keep shooting Shunts. Eventually you should wreck her. Racing her will prove a difficult, so focus on the wrecking.

Edited by Tyger7

Excellent guide Tyger. If I can make a suggestion, people can just check the Top 10 leaderboards for which car they used to beat it on hard. I've been using this technique for all the races I've been having trouble in.

I'm taking the most common cars I find on the leaderboards and putting them on the suggested cars along with what I drove, which was almost always on the leadboards anyways :) So no one will have to constantly check the leadboards! They can keep playing while following through and not have to back out every event.

Brilliant Guide Tyger you just won't stop! This will come in great handy for me as I'm gonna try and get Somebody Stop Me when I can be bothered lol nice man thanks.

I will stop, in fact I'm pretty much done on writing info for this game! :)

Thanks Tyger! This is exactly what I was looking for.

No problem!

Thanks for making this guide, Tyger7! I was really hoping someone would make one.

I'm glad to see someone was wanting this in the first place! Thanks!

The guide is now complete, every event has been listed. Sorry for the delay, it's not that I've been busy, but more of a lazy issue. ;)

This game has parts that seem impossible i.e. landing every bolt. I've spent like 4 hours on that on and off. I can get to 40+ over and over but you need to hit 60?!?! Dude impossible. Some car allways swerves outta the way right after you fire. Maybe i'm not as quick as when i was 18 but this is frustrating to the point of I give up. An if i didn't have a alternate controller to throw id have two broken controllers by now.

Another thing, how can I exceed the score in destruction AND hit the fan run but NOT hit the fan bonus.!?! :mad: Refuckingdiculous.

This game has parts that seem impossible i.e. landing every bolt. I've spent like 4 hours on that on and off. I can get to 40+ over and over but you need to hit 60?!?! Dude impossible. Some car allways swerves outta the way right after you fire. Maybe i'm not as quick as when i was 18 but this is frustrating to the point of I give up. An if i didn't have a alternate controller to throw id have two broken controllers by now.

Another thing, how can I exceed the score in destruction AND hit the fan run but NOT hit the fan bonus.!?! :mad: Refuckingdiculous.

Yeah landing every bolt was extremely hard, and took me at least 30 attempts over a couple hours.

The destuction event Fan Demands make no sense. They are way more than they should be. Gained all 5 lights, did the Fan Run, and still not meeting Fan Demands was very annoying, especially when they would rank me like 56 in the world yet I didn't get the Fan Demand?

I will say that after 4 hours with no luck, the next day I tried and got almost all of them in a try or two. Seems the best way to handle this game is to take some breaks here and there.

Yeah landing every bolt was extremely hard, and took me at least 30 attempts over a couple hours.

The destuction event Fan Demands make no sense. They are way more than they should be. Gained all 5 lights, did the Fan Run, and still not meeting Fan Demands was very annoying, especially when they would rank me like 56 in the world yet I didn't get the Fan Demand?

I will say that after 4 hours with no luck, the next day I tried and got almost all of them in a try or two. Seems the best way to handle this game is to take some breaks here and there.

I found it very hard (land every bolt + 5 primary lights), but use a car with an Ariel like the Shannons Renault R230... Use the ariel on top of the car as a cursor, it still takes time, but it might work for you...

I just registered to tell you that lol... I did it on the first destruction event possible on proving grounds, plenty of straight roads, and make sure its on easy.

And on a different note... Thanks Tyger7 for making this detailed post, it must have taken you ages, thats dedication... Cheers, I've been using it for a few hours now, and its been great and very insightful.

Edited by Benb404

I found it very hard (land every bolt + 5 primary lights), but use a car with an Ariel like the Shannons Renault R230... Use the ariel on top of the car as a cursor, it still takes time, but it might work for you...

I just registered to tell you that lol... I did it on the first destruction event possible on proving grounds, plenty of straight roads, and make sure its on easy.

And on a different note... Thanks Tyger7 for making this detailed post, it must have taken you ages, thats dedication... Cheers, I've been using it for a few hours now, and its been great and very insightful.

Thanks, you're one of the few using it :) I made a challenge guide too but that too didn't seem needed.

You will notice after a few destruction events there are Blue ZR1s to destroy...

These new blue ZR1s are similar to the green Focuses when it comes to damage points, bonus time and points... but instead of a Bolt, they use a Barge.

The ZR1s are very useful for causes huge chain reactions for bonus points and extra time...

When you see one or many Blue ZR1s in a group with other destructible vehicles aim for them (the blue ZR1s, not the yellow red and green cars)... The barge they set off can cause all the cars to be destroyed giving you easy points, and lots of extra time.

If your following a 'lone' ZR1 don't shoot it, its not worth the points and time on its own wait for it to join up with a group of cars, unless your 3 or less points from the 5 light target, or running desperate on time (less than 5 seconds).

I've been using this technique for ages and never thought to tell any one, it can make hard events easy, I haven't really struggled on a destruction event yet.

Hope it helps

The difficulty on hard is absurd. Makes the game not fun at all. I've probably wasted 2-3 hours the past couple days on a single event. My highest scores are still 20-30 points lower than the 5 star target. Trying to get the fan gates makes it even more difficult.

I hate this game. At least a 9/10 difficulty.

The difficulty on hard is absurd. Makes the game not fun at all. I've probably wasted 2-3 hours the past couple days on a single event. My highest scores are still 20-30 points lower than the 5 star target. Trying to get the fan gates makes it even more difficult.

I hate this game. At least a 9/10 difficulty.

As you are doing it on hard and not enjoying it, im guessing your only after the achievements. There are no achievements for doing the fan runs and fan targets on hard... Do fan targets and fan runs on easy, making sure you get 3rd or above, for the fan run and targets to register, then once you know the track switch it to hard, follow the guide, and just concentrate on the primary lights, winning.

I completed it 100% on easy first and collecting ALL lights, now im going back over the game on hard. I've found it relatively easy as i've learnt some of the tracks.

I am around a rank 45 on mp so I know all of the courses pretty well already. Its just unfair, you have to do everything so close to perfect its not even funny.

The guide says the one I'm stuck on should only take a few tries, but if you take 1 bad turn, miss 1 of the SUVs, or slide off the road your race is over. The targets all get too far in front or you run out of bolts...I just don't understand why they would make this game so difficult. You literally have to drive and shoot perfect, if your aim is below 80-90% there is no way you could possibly get 140 points.