Unlocking items

Eating Machine

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A week ago, I was farming Gold for creds, afterwards I bought 3 PSP's, First gave me a couple rare weapons, from the 2nd I got a Javelin III and from the 3rd Cerberus Harrier IV.

As many people above me said, random system is random. Sometimes you get nothing from spending a ton of money, and sometimes you get good stuff from only buying a few packs.

Since I maxed all of my uncommons and most of my rares, the items that I'm getting are the ones that I think that I will get.

If you want to make the PSP's more efficient in giving you nice toys, max out your common and uncommon items first with Recruit and Veteran packs.

The Paladin is pretty much a mini sniper with a scope. I personally use it with the spare clip and a barrel (sometimes a scope) Would anyone disagree if I said it could rival the Black Widow in terms of damage?

I might have to try that. I want a Black Widow since it is my last Ultra-Rare; however, I doubt I will get one anytime soon :/

A week ago, I was farming Gold for creds, afterwards I bought 3 PSP's, First gave me a couple rare weapons, from the 2nd I got a Javelin III and from the 3rd Cerberus Harrier IV.

As many people above me said, random system is random. Sometimes you get nothing from spending a ton of money, and sometimes you get good stuff from only buying a few packs.

Since I maxed all of my uncommons and most of my rares, the items that I'm getting are the ones that I think that I will get.

If you want to make the PSP's more efficient in giving you nice toys, max out your common and uncommon items first with Recruit and Veteran packs.

I have all my Uncommon and the Rares. I have all but one Ultra rare, but it could be worse. I could have no Ultra-Rares.

SP give the best chance at unlocking since they are only 60,000 and PSPs have the same chance but costing 33,000 more.

I am not so sure about that. You can buy 3 vp for the price of 1 sp and I have seen silver and gold gear appear in vp. Although I dont not know the drop rate/percentage of gear in vp against sp and psp.

Im assuming that the difference between sp and psp is one slot is used for extra gold character card/rare weapon or ultra rare weapon. And psp is 39,000 more than sp, unless the prices are different in the UK.

The best way to get the new permanent gear would be Veteran Packs. I have everything maxed out on V (5). The only thing I dont have finished are the Packages, eg Warfighter Package, Commando Package, Stronghold Package and the Grenade capacity which are all Gold rares. I have those lingering between 3-4. I got all of them done in a day worths of FBWGG farming.

I seem to have a problem with the Asari Justicar. It still eludes me.

She is pretty rare. I got lucky n got her maybe 2 wks after resurgence dropped but i just got my 1st character card for her 2 wks ago. I play with her alot so this was sooo annoying cause i wanted to change her appearence. This random system can be pretty cruel but keep trying.

The best way to get the new permanent gear would be Veteran Packs. I have everything maxed out on V (5). The only thing I dont have finished are the Packages, eg Warfighter Package, Commando Package, Stronghold Package and the Grenade capacity which are all Gold rares. I have those lingering between 3-4. I got all of them done in a day worths of FBWGG farming.

Nice! I would farm Gold on FBW, but I can't seem to get a team to play. PSP packs seem to only give me character cards, uncommon gear-sometimes-,and rare equipment cards. I tend to buy a Spectre pack every Gold game since your profiting 15,000 -which when added up to over 100K I buy a PSP- from the 75K max. Sadly, every time I get in a game people either do not have any good weapons, or they do not use their equipment. I would gladly join you if anyone has a team going!

hmm...still having probs maxing out my uncommon (silver) gears. vp's seem to be only giving me 5 blue cards, which is infuriating. will keep buying these to see if it improves.

as for wgg farming, has anyone noticed the quality of players (in random matches) declining? used to have minimal problems finishing these (especially with new super weapons like krysae), but the last few days, there's been a lot of really crap players who refuse to use medigels and rockets (except on primes with less than half health left :confused:), and run all over the place screwing up enemy spawns and getting killed. this has been resulting in wave 10 (and even pre-wave 10) wipeouts, which defeats the whole purpose of farming :mad:.

hmm...still having probs maxing out my uncommon (silver) gears. vp's seem to be only giving me 5 blue cards, which is infuriating. will keep buying these to see if it improves.

as for wgg farming, has anyone noticed the quality of players (in random matches) declining? used to have minimal problems finishing these (especially with new super weapons like krysae), but the last few days, there's been a lot of really crap players who refuse to use medigels and rockets (except on primes with less than half health left :confused:), and run all over the place screwing up enemy spawns and getting killed. this has been resulting in wave 10 (and even pre-wave 10) wipeouts, which defeats the whole purpose of farming :mad:.

Yes. It's very annoying. If someone dies in an early wave on the other side of the map, screw them, they can bleed out. That said, my entire team did that in the last match I played. That wasn't ideal.

One resolution to this is to change the enemy to random and you will usually see the incompetent run, all enemies are easy on this map, reapers hate tech bursts too.

This times 10. Its been very hard to get into FBW/G/G with decent randoms as of late. Its like they are approaching the game as if its bronze. Like you said it defeats the purpose of farming.

Edited by VELVETxASSASSIN

No, I just don't like people spreading false/bad information.

IMO its not false or bad info, have you ever tried tech againts reapers, not quite as effective as biotics but not far behind, fire explosions alone do more damage than anything.

This times 10. Its been very hard to get into FB/G/W with decent randoms as of late. Its like they are approaching the game as if its bronze. Like you said it defeats the purpose of farming.

exactly...most notably with guys using the new phoenix characters. seems like they think they can just run up to and whip the shit out of every enemy. results are usually to the contrary, and the sound effects of the whips and guy yelling are annoying as eff.

i've also noticed it has become harder to find a game these days. perhaps the number of players is declining significantly, as many have suggested.

exactly...most notably with guys using the new phoenix characters. seems like they think they can just run up to and whip the shit out of every enemy. results are usually to the contrary, and the sound effects of the whips and guy yelling are annoying as eff.

i've also noticed it has become harder to find a game these days. perhaps the number of players is declining significantly, as many have suggested.

I think a bigger problem to finding competent players seems that a lot of the players are sticking together in private matches instead of searching for randoms.