For anyone who has the game..

Blakestone

Is the game worth the MSP?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Is the game worth the MSP?

• Yes, the game is good.
    • No, the game is pretty average.

This was the only game I was looking forward to in Summer of Arcade. The graphics are stunning for one thing. The game-play is pretty simple control wise but it starts to get a little more intense with a learning curve, which turns into a pain in the neck. Other than that, it's a great game that will have a certain following but I'm a big fan of it. I'd say 9/10 for a rating

I was gonna make a thread, to get people first impressions, but this seems to pretty much be the same idea. However I'm confused as to why there aren't that many posts? I was hoping to see a slew of opinions. Is it just that good that it doesn't need to be repeated? Or are people too busy playing it? I've only seen an IGN video review, and while it looks interesting I'm still looking for something to push me over the edge.

I don't have the game yet, but the demo takes a ridiculous amount of time to load. Been going on 2 minutes now.

Should I keep waiting, or does the demo just not work?

I'm playing the demo now, I had no real load time, when first playing, or between levels. Might be something wrong with your HD or Xbox. o.O

Seems to be picking up, I assume the level I'm on now is the last in the demo, and contemplating buying it. Just not 100% sure still >_<

With 190+ gigs of space left, I hope not! =X

I'm redownloading it...lets see what happens.

Edit: AGGGH...still doing it. I get to that screen with the little circle. The circle keeps spinning, and clouds are going by, but nothing else happens.

I'll have to wait a couple of days and re-download when they fix the demo.

Edit #2: Uhp, now it loaded up, but there's sound issues.

Edited by MxPx

I just finished the story mode and I loved every minute of it. Fantastic arcade game and I would definitely recommend it. My only complaint is that it's a very short game. I do have to play through again to get the achievement where you can't lose more than five villages, but it would be nice to have more to the story mode. Definitely worth buying though.