any gig only giving 8,000 fans

nemes1s en4cer

It caps the number of fans you can get depending on your lowest difficulty setting (i.e. If your g/f plays on medium but you play on expert, it'll be capped as if you both were playing medium). Early on in the Tour it should be fine, but after a while it'll cap, which is the sign to bump your difficulty up a notch.

It's complicated. Below 1,000,000 fans you get fairly low numbers, but after 1m, the numbers are pretty darn high.

Factors that affect the number of fans you get: 1) difficulty. 2) how well you do on a song (number of stars). 3) manager. and 4) any setlist challenges.

Now as Paroxyzm stated there is a cap on lower difficulties, but I think those don't start kicking in until you hit a certain number of fans which will depend on what difficulty you play at. Ie. 200k for easy, 500k for medium, 1m for hard. Not sure what the actual numbers are for RB2, or if they even included that sort of thing in RB2 because I only play expert vocals on tour... but it made sense in RB1 and I would think they kept it.

Most fans gained per song I've ever gotten was 13 million fans for a 6 song setlist with a win double/lose double challenge.

Yeah I remember when I only used to play on medium guitar, after I got 520,000 fans or so it caps out and only gives 6,000 something fans per set. I finally was able to move up to expert bass and hard/expert guitar and now get 1-2 million fans per 6 song set! There's only 2 songs in the game I can't play on expert and that's "Panic Attack" and stupid "Visions." I have to go all the way back down to medium for Visions but can play Panic Attack on hard.