Personal Recommendation: DONT BUY CARS!

gw2

I'm just saying this because I see a lot of people buying cars only to be given them a little later in the game. You get probably half of all the cars in the game from events, so just keep playing and using the showcase cars they give you because the showcase cars are perfectly tuned and run very well. I have only bought 3-4 cars because I needed them for an event. This way later when you have all the signs and beat the game you'll have a ton of money for whatever cars you want!

EDIT: (added list to top post and added numbers to list)

People have brought up some good points so I'll rephrase this, don't buy these cars

From what I can remember you get the following:

Total: 26 (27 with the Corrado)

Starter (1):

VW Corrado (duh)

Showcase Events (10):

Chevrolet Corvette Gran Sport Coupe

Fiat 500 Abarth

Classic Mustang Mach 1

Aston Martin One-77

Classic Mini

Audi Quattro

Peugot 205 Turbo

Ferrari F40

RUF RGT-8

Laborghini Aventador LP700-4

Rival Showdowns (7):

Ford SVT Raptor

Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

LamborghininDiablo SV

Nissan GT-R

Lexus LF-A

Saleen S7

Ferrari 599XX

BarnFinds (9):

BMW M1

Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing

Bugatti EB110

Aston Martin DB5

Plymouth Cuda 426

1956 Jaguar D-Type

1965 Shelby Cobra

Aston Martin DBR1

Ferrari 250

That's what I can remember

Edited by gw2
Adding list of cars you get for free.

:confused: I got 12 million in credits, bought around 15 cars, got some cars from winning races and still need to do all Street Races and some Outposts so expecting to end up with around 15 million in credits, 40+ cars in garage when done.

Or is everybody running Easy-mode and getting 0% difficulty bonus?

And, if you noticed, you can even sell most of your cars back to the garage if you are short on cash or don't need it anymore.

i have 3 lp700's xD i bought my first 1, won another after doing street races then another when i hit lvl 17 online. Also 2 aeromax's just from leveling up online and they are 1.8mil each haha money/cars are so easy to get in this one i remember in F4 it would take ages just to grind out for 1 car that was a million.

Now im debating wether to buy a mclaren f1 , 4 mil just seems alot for 1 car.

Just like all Forza games then, don't buy any cars unless you need a specific car for a specific race.

Fortunately you can save the setup of the car and reload it as needed so you can use the same car for several classes.

Its about time they made the money more difficult to manage therefore making judgements more important in these games.

:confused: I got 12 million in credits, bought around 15 cars, got some cars from winning races and still need to do all Street Races and some Outposts so expecting to end up with around 15 million in credits, 40+ cars in garage when done.

Or is everybody running Easy-mode and getting 0% difficulty bonus?

And, if you noticed, you can even sell most of your cars back to the garage if you are short on cash or don't need it anymore.

To be fair, final race for championship nets you 5 million for winning the horizon crown, which with half decent difficult bonus is 10 million plus for a 5 lap race.

Anyone have a list of the cars which will be unlocked instead of buying.

I only ask because I just unlocked the Nissan GT-R & I almost bought this.

Got no list but you will get 18 cars at least since you need doing 10 of those rundowns against a plane and whatnot and 8 races against the Horizon Racers.

Furthermore, 9 cars from the barns so that makes 27 cars already.

Just buy what you want; credits come rollin' in easily plus when you go for the online achievements, chances are you will be gifted another batch of random cars you had/want :)

And to point at my previous reply here: finished the singleplayer, had 51 cars after doing so (think I bought 14 myself) and 13M credits leftover :)

From what I can remember you get the following:

Total: 26 (27 with the Corrado)

Starter (1):

VW Corrado (duh)

Showcase Events (10):

Chevrolet Corvette Gran Sport Coupe

Fiat 500 Abarth

Classic Mustang Mach 1

Aston Martin One-77

Classic Mini

Audi Quattro

Peugot 205 Turbo

Ferrari F40

RUF RGT-8

Laborghini Aventador LP700-4

Rival Showdowns (7):

Ford SVT Raptor

Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

LamborghininDiablo SV

Nissan GT-R

Lexus LF-A

Saleen S7

Ferrari 599XX

BarnFinds (9):

BMW M1

Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing

Bugatti EB110

Aston Martin DB5

Plymouth Cuda 426

1956 Jaguar D-Type

1965 Shelby Cobra

Aston Martin DBR1

Ferrari 250

That's what I can remember

Edited by gw2

I'm just saying this because I see a lot of people buying cars only to be given them a little later in the game. You get probably half of all the cars in the game from events, so just keep playing and using the showcase cars they give you because the showcase cars are perfectly tuned and run very well. I have only bought 3-4 cars because I needed them for an event. This way later when you have all the signs and beat the game you'll have a ton of money for whatever cars you want!

EDIT: (added list to top post and added numbers to list)

People have brought up some good points so I'll rephrase this, don't buy these cars

later when you have all the signs and beat the game you won't need to buy whatever cars you want cause there won't be a point in playing the game anymore

later when you have all the signs and beat the game you won't need to buy whatever cars you want cause there won't be a point in playing the game anymore

I am finding that multiplayer, like Point to Point Racing, is much more fun than I anticipated. Lot of lobbies that taken away the collisions so any person can get a good result, level up, get more awards and so on.

You will if you're part of the dying breed of gamers that play just for fun.

Over the past two days I spent more time just aimlessly driving around than actually racing. I'm not talking driving to and from races, I mean finding a twisty bit of road and just driving.

I've never done that in a racing game before. The combination of graphics, the level of detail of both the cars and the environment, and the realistic physics put this game in its own class. It's so immersive I get the same kind of enjoyment I would if I were driving around Colorado myself.

Over the past two days I spent more time just aimlessly driving around than actually racing. I'm not talking driving to and from races, I mean finding a twisty bit of road and just driving.

Same here; love blasting down the highway, get some humongous drifts towards the dam or just see how I jump farthest on the golf course and still land the right way up :)

Same here; love blasting down the highway, get some humongous drifts towards the dam or just see how I jump farthest on the golf course and still land the right way up :)

I only spent an hour playing on Thursday and the whole time I was off road in my Raptor. On Friday I spent time driving my Exige through the canyons.

I've never done that in a racing game before. The combination of graphics, the level of detail of both the cars and the environment, and the realistic physics put this game in its own class. It's so immersive I get the same kind of enjoyment I would if I were driving around Colorado myself.

You can add me to that group of people.

I would do this in GTA 4, just to enjoy the environment of the game.

In Horizon, I find myself doing the same thing. Aimlessly driving around & enjoying the game. I was online the other day with a random and we followed each other around most of the map. Not racing, but just cruising. Did I get any achievements? No. Did I win anything? No. Did I have fun? Hell yeah.

Chick is always saying, "uhm, did you get lost" to me. I've been trying out some r1 cars (kind of like running in the radical) but I'll usually cruise around in a s class nsx gt. it can handle turns at speed (wish it engine noise didn't screw with me so much).

I have pictures of the full moon with birds, stop to get Picts of sunsets, I pretty much just enjoy myself in a car of my choosing cruising around. I just started going heavy on the outposts for the achievement, not to use them for fast travel

I can understand not purchasing cars because you are unsure what you will win. But there is so much money to be had I really dont care that much. If I get a dup I just set it to a different class so I can just swap cars instead of setups. No biggie.

I'm not sure about a 4mill McLaren though, they have never been that good to me in any other racing game so it will have to wait until I'm though buying stuff I like.

Anyone who likes ferrari's try out the 599xx evo? I always loved the f50gt, fxx. Is it any good? Think The next big ticket one is going to be zonda r.

Anyone who likes ferrari's try out the 599xx evo? I always loved the f50gt, fxx. Is it any good? Think The next big ticket one is going to be zonda r.

Got both; FXX and Zonda R... The FXX is quite nimble but must be wrestled around tight bends... The R is in a league of its own; massive noise and wicked downforce, probably the best RWD in the game.

i agree :) i had 11.5 million at the end of the game without buying anything other than required for certain events. so very good advise there.

how did you have 11.5. I just beat the game and while playing i bought a lot of cars. im sitting at 62 cars in my garage. most of them i bought. including some of the very expensive ones and i'm sitting at 9.5 mil. did you play with no difficulty setting or what