Unlock all Titles Just Became A Nightmare!

Cinderkin

UPDATED thanks to The Stray, CyberEvil and FreeStepDodge. Looks like we only need 300 Titles to unlock the achievement.

"From a standpoint it seems, it was really a description error, and proof came from CyberEvil from FreeStepDodge mentioning it. (Since I'm posting it again, in case you missed it the 1st time.)

I unlocked the achievement for getting Alpha 152 and all titles just by getting Alpha. 1000 wins aside online, I'm getting the full 1000g in this game unless Survival gets the best of me. Again. (Funny that the achievement still says 'Unlocked Alpha-152 and all titles' though.)"

So I was going through the games extras menu and was looking at the titles list. The game is nice enough to tell you how to unlock every title (524 total). Here is the problem though.

Each character has titles for winning with them online starting from 10 online wins to 3000 online wins. No that is not a typo. You need to win 3000 online matches per character to unlock all the titles for the game. Which is tied to an achievement.

I can try to take a couple pics with my iphone, but I don't know how to post photos. (If people need proof)

EDIT: Posted them to twitter to upload here. Sorry if Images are Blurry used my phone

A3R1DKmCMAAvryw.jpg

A3R1qOKCAAAFKo-.jpg

A3R1u-PCUAA-jPy.jpg

large

Edited by Cinderkin

LOL ok... when i saw the play 1000 games i tough to myself "hey DOA is nice enought for me to play this that long" No need to win them, just play, and considering i got around 2000 WINS on MK, i sure could do 1000 game on DOA... BUT 3000 wins with every character... what... are they trying to beat SERIOUSLY 3.0 in term of craptastic achievements? 3000 fuckin wins... really? And no, this time no match farming outside.. its ONLINE... you got to be kiddin me...

yet, even a fist to 1 round, it still mean 3000 winning games with EVERY CHARACTERS.

Nah no way im getting this, anyway i didn't expect to get survival anyway, so i knew i was not gonna get the full 1000, but damn those habits piss me off...

Now online games are gonna be full of people putting 1 round to get there achievements as soon as possible, it will just spoil the game.

I think this will be boostable in private matches with two people, lowest setting and a turbo joy but even then it will be tedious. If this way the matches will be shorter than a minute it will be DOAble in a couple of months but if longer... or the turbo don't work....

Also I don't think this achievement will ruin the public matches because like it's impossible without boosting.

The 3rd picture is for completing each course of survival, time attack, and arcade. Survival was really tough. The last 3 Courses were 100 fights or more.

I have 23 characters (4) unlocked so far. There may be more. There are other titles as well ones for unlocking all the costumes for each character, beating the training room combat list for each character.

Anybody that gets this achievement should probably be committed...lol. I love achievements and all but I think grinding this out would be a colossal waste of time that could be better spent playing a game for fun or doing just about any other activity. Not sure what Team Ninja was thinking when thy made the requirements so ridiculous.

Edited by Killbomb

The way the achievement is worded, it makes it sound like you need to earn all the titles that are specifically required to unlock Alpha-152. For this to actually mean "unlock every title in the game," out of the list you mentioned, would mean spending hundreds-thousands of hours to unlock one playable character. As absurd as the DOA4 achievements were, they've never asked such an absurd thing to unlock a character in a DOA game - not even a boss one. Let's pray to God that the achievement description was just worded poorly. Otherwise, yay, I'll never complete this game's achievements. Not that it'll stop me from getting it; I'm eagerly awaiting the midnight release in two nights.

So we're talking at least 60,000 wins. Assuming it takes 20 seconds to get a win and get back to a new match, this is only 50 hours of constant play. Well, more than that, and 20 seconds is probably too low.

I calculated 30sec wins (times 2 since 2 people are going for it) times 60,000. that's 1000 hours. I might get the game but not for the online grind fest. I might complete Forza 4 at 150hrs. but no waste of time achievements like this.

Edited by StarsRPD

Now I think we can debunk the rumors of Alpha and the "all" titles since I guess now it was a description error, since one of the guys on FreeStepDodge has unlocked it. By the user of CyberEvil, and he says...

I unlocked the achievement for getting Alpha 152 and all titles just by getting Alpha. 1000 wins aside online, I'm getting the full 1000g in this game unless Survival gets the best of me. Again. (Funny that the achievement still says 'Unlocked Alpha-152 and all titles' though.)

What you need to do to unlock Alpha 152?

300 titles is the word right now, we will see im at 237 titles right now so im kind of close (yeah right lol) im still missing survival, few command training, all costumes and few "use x character x times" and "do *this'n'that* with x character" titles.