Precious Medal Guide

agentnnc

I know only a couple who have written guides and news articles for the site, such as Pants Party and Webb.

There should be more over here. Check the thread creators and see who's more active, other than that I can't really help unfortunately.

Thanks! Most of the mods were online today. I picked one and messages them. If nothing happens in a few days I'll either make a new thread or just use one of my other posts.

Pants Party was definitely on just a couple of hours ago because he was in the anime thread.

Then again, it's Saturday night, and mods are naturally more awesome, so I'm sure they all have plans. :p

Just Gold Star'd "Kids In The Street". Did it with Bandmate, Blast Notes and Super Drums. Always, always, always slap the bandmate on the drums. And at the end ignore bass entirely on that one guitar, vocals keyboard section because there is not enough notes to raise up to 3x anyway and you're missing out on being able to rack up the other instruments. That was killing me.

You'd think that Bandmate/Blastnotes would be a TERRIBLE combo, but I just gold starred "What's My Age Again", "All The Small Things" AND "The Girl At The Rock Show" on my first attempt with it. Who knows.

Edited by Felonious Monk
superfluous bullshit

Only song I have left to GS is Diamond Eyes by Shinedown. Probably in my top 50 worst songs ever -_-. I absolutely hate the long, infrequent sustained key notes. This song's chart would be much better without them :/. It doesn't help that the advice above for this song is absolutely worthless; he fails to mention the long sustains, and mentions "Bass is important, but I forget where". -_- I got within 7K of the GS one time but haven't gotten near it since. I keep having to play DLC just to get coins to play this song because I only get like 325 afterward when the powerups cost what, 750? Stupid system. -_- And for those of you saying I lack skill, keep in mind that I GSed the other 24 songs.

I know the description I provided wasn't really detailed, but it's hard to keep track of what you did during a run. Unless someone provides more clarity with where to be, I'll go through it again tomorrow trying to recall what I did for the gold stars.

The part that I feel will cause the most problems is

before the solo. As the person in the video does, you need to switch between the keyboard and guitar, then jump to vocals when it appears, collecting energy at the same time for Road Rage to clear some drum notes. As soon as the bass appears, get it to max multiplier and then finish any instruments that may be left over.

Just one thing. When sustains come up on the keyboard, you don't have to hold it down, switch between the vocal and keyboard tracks whenever you see notes coming up.

Edited by hoshinosenshi

Only song I have left to GS is Diamond Eyes by Shinedown. Probably in my top 50 worst songs ever -_-. I absolutely hate the long, infrequent sustained key notes. This song's chart would be much better without them :/. It doesn't help that the advice above for this song is absolutely worthless; he fails to mention the long sustains, and mentions "Bass is important, but I forget where". -_- I got within 7K of the GS one time but haven't gotten near it since. I keep having to play DLC just to get coins to play this song because I only get like 325 afterward when the powerups cost what, 750? Stupid system. -_- And for those of you saying I lack skill, keep in mind that I GSed the other 24 songs.

I dont see you trying to help the rest of us?

I will say though it seems like on all of these where people suggest for me to use road rage.... idk it just doesn't really get me much.

I will say though it seems like on all of these where people suggest for me to use road rage.... idk it just doesn't really get me much.

You'll get more points the more energy you have, but it's more of an alternative Bottle Rocket, it will help rack up multipliers by a small amount, and gets your more points over time, whereas Bottle Rocket is more 'crowd control' and not used for scoring purposes.

Even better. I'm just glad it wasn't at 430k or whatever because I saw my gold stars kick in around 398k and I think I wound up with 417k.

the exact points where the 5 stars get golden are kind of difficult to see in this game.

Any one more tips than above for "Cult of Personality"? I'm getting sick of this song and can't get gold stars =(

the exact points where the 5 stars get golden are kind of difficult to see in this game.

Pshaw, I'm not ragging on anyone. Of course we're so focused on getting said gold stars by the time the chime rings we're already 3k+ over at the clip we're going. And then who's going to stop what they're doing to write it down and risk killing their score? Not me, that's for sure. I'm grateful for what cut offs people can provide, even if it is what they got at the very end. More to strive to beat, you know.

Any one more tips than above for "Cult of Personality"? I'm getting sick of this song and can't get gold stars =(

I think I got it when I was on my Bandmate/Blastnotes kick. Super Guitar no matter what.

Can someone explain exactly how the Road Rage power-up works? I can't seem to get many points with it and I think it's just because I don't know how and when to use it properly and what it does specifically.

It appears down whatever path(s) you're not on. If you stay on drums and use it then, it'll drive down the vocal and guitar tracks randomly.

Ask the mod if it's possible for you to create a new topic with 3-4 blank posts, and have them do a thread split from the first reply on this thread over to the new thread and then delete your old one.

That kind of thing was doable on phpbb. Otherwise just copypasta into a new thread and have them lock this one.

AND NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST

:)