Still not played the 2nd, but so hope they get it right again with the 3rd outing.

theNomad

Heard so many mixed reviews of the 2nd that I've as yet to play it (I'm waiting for a Ultimate Edition, which is looking kinda bleak as they've still not released a game extending DLC add-on).

That said the original (alongside its DLC especially awakenings) was fantastic, had a great balanced final boss and really made use of the players abilities and use of other AI companions (anyone whoever got the romance achievements that included same sex will agree that the characters had more depth than usual games toons have).

For the 3rd I'd love to actually be able to co-op those companions and maybe do Warcraft styled extremely hard 16/32 multiplayer dungeons and bosses, it would really give you a feeling & reason that its important to gear and spec your character correctly and give the game more replay value than just finishing the story and being done.

I think you should play the second before you make any judgements about it....while it's not as good as the first, it's still a great game. Maybe play the game before you "hope" they make it better.

Personally, I wouldn't call it better or worse compare to first game because one gameplay is different. Or at least I felt one significant different which is slow pace (DA:O) vs fast pace (DA2). Since I enjoy fast pace more, I enjoy playing DA2 more than I did with DA:O. That's just my opinion about the two games.

OP:So, you haven't play DA2, but desire to have DA3 to be DA:O? Maybe you'll like DA2 more, and hope that DA3 will be DA2. :)

Off topic: Holy Shield, a DA3 section?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope it pick up from where DA2 left. I wanna know what happen to the champion!!

• 2 weeks later...
Personally, I wouldn't call it better or worse compare to first game because one gameplay is different. Or at least I felt one significant different which is slow pace (DA:O) vs fast pace (DA2). Since I enjoy fast pace more, I enjoy playing DA2 more than I did with DA:O. That's just my opinion about the two games.

OP:So, you haven't play DA2, but desire to have DA3 to be DA:O? Maybe you'll like DA2 more, and hope that DA3 will be DA2. :)

Off topic: Holy Shield, a DA3 section?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope it pick up from where DA2 left. I wanna know what happen to the champion!!

I want to see the war that has broken out! Maybe what happened to Flemeth would be nice too, there has to be a reason that she lived (other than to save our hides). It's gonna feel like ages until we see it.

OP: There's a good chance that you'll need to play DAII to understand the set up for the third, just based on the ending to DAII. It wasn't as bad as some people have said. Yes, the maps got repetitive and it was definitely rushed, it was still an enjoyable game.

I think you should play the second before you make any judgements about it....while it's not as good as the first, it's still a great game. Maybe play the game before you "hope" they make it better.

I'll second this, that's a fair enough observation.

Both games are fun and I'd like to see the stories tie together.

• 2 weeks later...

If there's a follow-through on the mage/templar conflict, I think it will either be in an Awakening-style expansion to DA2 or just as a sort of pervasive world-event going on in the background of the rest of the series (like continued darkspawn activity sort of haunts the world in DA2 even though it isn't the main focus anymore).

I speculate that the major story-arcs of Origins will sort of be a map for the major future entries in the story.

My thought is that one of the future DAs will focus on Arlathan, the lost capitol of the immortal elves. Maybe playing as one of the immortals using that fancy warrior-mage class that was unlockable in Origins.

One of the others will almost certainly be in Orlais, it seemed like they were hinting at this in both the first and second game.

At some point the whole resurrected-as-people-Archdemons (Flemeth and Morrigan's kid) story will come to a head, probably as the series climax.

At some point the whole resurrected-as-people-Archdemons (Flemeth and Morrigan's kid) story will come to a head, probably as the series climax.

The thing about this is that it's possible to complete Origins without Morrigan getting pregnant. That means any game revolving around that plot would be out of sync with some peoples save imports.

Personally I would like a game taking place in Tevinter during the Mage/Templar war since Tevinter is apparently the country with the highest mage population.

Im pretty sure they will get it right with the 3rd, personally the only problem I had with 2 was the overused locations....and Im pretty sure Bioware heard that loud and clear from a lot of people

spoilers...................

and the fact that hawke and the warden from DAO went missing will lead to an interesting story I think

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i just love dragon age 1 and 2, got every dlc and even origins, the first one i thought was really good (and big coz of the dlc's) and i really enjoyed it, never felt bored etc.

the second one was also a great game, they changed the gameplay (and i dont mind that) spend several hours (more like days) on it and it was just a great game

so i just hope, they pick up where they left and do the awesome stuff they do, i just know the 3th one will be a great one

Dude don't listen to anyone who judges a game by comparing it to another, their only mad cause the game isn't exactly how they want it to be, you best bet is to rent the game, decide for yourself whether you like it or not, then either buy it or not. Its a great game. My #1 rule to gaming is never listen to game critics, I've played alot of games that they say suck and found them to be great.

I loved/love both DA:O/A & DA2. From what I've read, DA3 is supposed to tie in DA:O/A & DA2 (With what happened to the Warden-Commander and the Champion.) But then decided that they might throw that in a DLC. That bit sorta threw me off. Why would they throw that in a DLC when both have brought the story where it is now? There would be a new hero, and a larger map (Meaning there might be re-used areas again..), but who knows. I, for one, probably will wait on buying this until there has been reviews on it (Not like those will shape any sort of love/hate for the game. But more like to see what the game play is like before jumping into a 60$ or more bill, Plus, it'll probably be slightly cheaper.)

I really think they should mash the best parts about the games together, and see what comes out of it. Bought every single DLC, and I cannot wait for the third.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope there will be a Dragon Age III! I am pretty sure they will likely come out with a third game considering how well the first two did. I have played the second one, still in the process of finishing it, and I absolutely love it. Just bought the Ultimate Edition of DAI, so looking forward to playing that as well! (I know - backwards!) I had originally heard from many people the first one was no good, but after doing more recent reading up, it is apparently the other way around. I am sure I will love the first game just as much if not as more as the second! First game series I've been addicted to in years! The only complaint I had about DAII was the tediousness of the maps - they were very repetitive - they basically used the same maps and just switched them around a little bit. They can do better than that!! But love the stories, characters and graphics. Looking forward the possibility of a 3rd! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really despised Dragon Age 2. The entire game felt like the rush job that it was - the graphics, combat system, story, quests, areas, enemies, and music were all very poor. I understand their desire to bring in more players, but dumbing down the combat to just mashing the A button and changing the interface to be just like Mass Effect's were very poor choices.

Dragon Age: Origins wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but DA2 was a huge step backwards in pretty much everything. With Dragon Age 3, they need to give it far more time in development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...