F**K you Wake!!!

emul8ter25

Trying to get the No Punctuation achievement and I cant remember the last time Ive been so annoyed and frustrated at a game.

If I wanted to play a platformer, I'd play one for gods sake!

Its pathetic when the hardest part about a game like this is falling off an edge due to poor controls and not the actual enemies.

Word, this is such a huge piece of shit!

I´ve downloaded The Signal and The Writer 2 days ago....Completed the Signal within a few hours....Now I only need No Punctuation. After I did all other achievements on 2 playthroughs I tried this one.

So far, so good....and what happens? I fall off on the last hanging piece of wood, right in front of the therapie room with Wake and Hartman inside because of NOTHING!!! LOL? Nice one, thanks :uzi:

Edited by York82

I had trouble nabbing that achievement too. Alan platforms horribly, and they demand that you do that! My advice for the tornado part: use the platform that is the metal grate with the railing, if the railing would block you jump, wait til it comes around again. The railing should help keep you from falling.

I watched out for all possible obstacles and tricky parts on my first general run through the game. So, as I jumped off a tornado platform, I knew that a heavy dude would be waiting. I shone on him like crazy, but even so he managed to charge at me, which wouldn't be so bad, but he bumped me off the goddamn ledge. After that I lost all will to give it another try, especially because there are a bunch of other parts where deaths may occur. I haven't found a sure fire way past the 'roll' barrel part either.

Way harder than The Signal if you ask me. Only achievement I have left, kinda feel obligated to get it :p

I just got the achievement a few moments ago, and it was by far the most annoying, i had to restart about 5 or 6 times. I recommend following what the achievement guide suggested :

• When at the jumping areas, or tilting world areas (when everything is spinning), make sure you take it slow. If you see a door, wait until you can walk through it instead of jumping down it.
  • In the area with the explosive barrels, you will have to do your best to time it right. Stay far back from the enemies and kill them if you used up the explosive words.
  • The gas station area should be completely avoided. Right when you get out of the door, run left to the Safe Haven Light.
  • When crossing the plane, jump down at the tail and jump inside the back. You can fight off Taken from here and they will only be able to throw things at you here and there. Make a break for it after.
  • The point with the well has unlimited flares near the car. Get a full stock before moving on.
  • If you see any other Safe Haven lights, make a break for it.
  • On the bridge with the "Crumble" words, go ahead and light those words up right when you see them as well as stay back. The enemies will sometimes fall in. There is a Safe Haven at the end of the bridge.
  • Be careful going up the final climb to the lighthouse. Use all of the "Clear" words and let the light kill all enemies.
  • The final battle doesn't require flashbangs, so you can use those for emergency any time you see fit. You should have a good amount of flares (maybe 6-10) to fend off the crows. This is where you should be using your batteries to your advantage to quickly take out the Taken Memories enemies.

also i found a video on youtube of someone playing the dlc in japanese that provided some decent suggests on what to jump on and or walk off that may prove useful.

the DLC is broken into 4 videos the link below is the first part:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK5oNHcjbww]YouTube - Alan Wake -DLC å°èª¬å®¶ã€€pt1[/ame]

So, as I jumped off a tornado platform, I knew that a heavy dude would be waiting. I shone on him like crazy, but even so he managed to charge at me, which wouldn't be so bad, but he bumped me off the goddamn ledge. After that I lost all will to give it another try, especially because there are a bunch of other parts where deaths may occur.

Just have your Shotgun out before you approach him. As soon as he spawns, aim and fire. He should sail backwards right off the cliff! ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tried this a few times before i went to bed earlier.

For some dumb reason, Alan kept falling off the ledge of the spinning cabin. He landed then fell off. Also having to listen to Berry's harassing over and over..

I just had to turn off the console and walk away. So damn frustrating!

Edit: Finaly! On the 4th attempt of passing the spinning cabin i managed to do the rest flawless.

Edited by sadfez

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Tried this a few times before i went to bed earlier.

For some dumb reason, Alan kept falling off the ledge of the spinning cabin. He landed then fell off. Also having to listen to Berry's harassing over and over..

I just had to turn off the console and walk away. So damn frustrating!

Edit: Finaly! On the 4th attempt of passing the spinning cabin i managed to do the rest flawless.

I too had trouble with him falling off the cabin, the jumping mechanics are awful, if i'd wanted a platformer i'd have brought crash bandiccot ! I will get this cheevo if its the last thing i do !

• 1 month later...

I didn't even have trouble with the fighting parts cuz I picked up a crapload of flares at the beginning, it was the stupid spinning "maze" where you had to get through that vault-door-thingy. It took me like 6 times so now I'm gonna have to replay it but ah oh well it was still fun :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I completed 'marathon' and 'the donkey bike' achievements on trials HD. That's a whole new level of frustration. Or playing 92hours on final fantasy 13 for the all equipment achievement to find you sold the only ring in the game and had to start again.

I will tread lightly on this one tonight x

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I hate to see how people bitch about something and then call it shit and broken like they're critics. The DLC has platforming bits that require only minore platforming ability and wake handles what is thrown at you fine. Theres nothing wrong with the game the dlc is just trying new things with the gameplay mechanics and has quite a few gorgeous set pieces cleverly thrown in with it. Tried it once but got killed by crows halfway through. Much easier than the Signal though.

• 8 months later...