New DLC TreyArcs Last Ditch Effort

Lets get real. Although some of the DLC has been not to bad, Trey Arch wants you to dip into your 401K to pay for these downloads. I heard (from someone who worked there) that they make 300% profit, and that these maps are made at the same time the game was made!!!

Is this just a last ditch effort to squeeze some money out of the the ever so vigilant Black Ops consumer. The all nighters, and level 15 prestigers. The preteens and newb tubers, and oh yes the ones that don't use anal lubers.

These loyal and precocious players rightfully wait in the time for every download... But is it worth this time, or is TreyArch trying to con its way into one more Black Op money making venture before MW 3 makes its debut.

You tell me!!!!

The fact the OP is making, is that they leave things out of the game so they can release it as DLC later. If you ask me this tactic is under handed. If something is ready while is the game is still being made don't take it out and charge us for it later and branding it "new content".

Uhm on black ops they do not really leave things out of the game, you got the whole campaign a few multiplayer maps and 2 zombie maps.

If you buy more maps is up to you, but its a whole game without the maps.

I know that sometimes DLC destroys games, look at AC2 i was so pissed when there where 2 campaign missions left out and you had to buy them, never bought them even tho im a huge AC fan, if i have to pay for things that are supposed to be in the game, im not buying it.

And for black ops, i bought everything. :D

You seem a lil bitter!? How dare a company try and make money...$15 is not alot of money...its simple you don't have to buy them...

No bitter, just starting a conversation is all. You can see the motivations behind map pack releases, each release becoming closer to the last each day MW 3 debut draws to the present. Its a nice money making for profitable company's. The difinitive argument on !!!!!... "whether to buy them or not" is the general intuitive of making new maps that take in community ideas, or just recycle and hash out new maps like Microsoft with its operations systems., Or Bioshock 2, not like Dead Space 2 (I had way to much fun playing that game), which your gonna say those are all games, not DLC's but i'm just giving an example.

However, I bought them and enjoyed most of them but just wanted to get the take on the new release. And am just more ammused by TreyArchs decision making.

This sort of marketing tactic is used in many companies around the world, it's not just treyarch trying to get one over everyone, they are just following the same strategy as any other company which has a open market, it may seem wrong but this is a standard business model. And I think the general consensus is that fans want more maps anyway, at least enough to outweigh those that don't.

Uhm on black ops they do not really leave things out of the game, you got the whole campaign a few multiplayer maps and 2 zombie maps.

If you buy more maps is up to you, but its a whole game without the maps.

I know that sometimes DLC destroys games, look at AC2 i was so pissed when there where 2 campaign missions left out and you had to buy them, never bought them even tho im a huge AC fan, if i have to pay for things that are supposed to be in the game, im not buying it.

And for black ops, i bought everything. :D

Yeah!! I coulnd't belive the audacity.... haha they were basically "so we are going to skip ahead a couple years... just to let you know Borgia = Pope, bomb fires happen and walla we are here" Ubisoft is another example stick innovators!!! In a gaming industry, ideas can be put to life that make whats between the game and the gamer very permeable, smooth. While others are just money making ploys!!!!!

Halo waypoint was wicked, but COD Elite, although looks really sweet, I can get all the basic stats for Battlefield. Ubisofts U-play doesn't do anything besides prematurely suggest another interface where you are gonna need to spend money. Don't need to rant, and I'm sure other veterans of gaming can come up with some better examples, but I hope im not alone in thinking like this!

Lets get real. Although some of the DLC has been not to bad, Trey Arch wants you to dip into your 401K to pay for these downloads. I heard (from someone who worked there) that they make 300% profit, and that these maps are made at the same time the game was made!!!

Is this just a last ditch effort to squeeze some money out of the the ever so vigilant Black Ops consumer. The all nighters, and level 15 prestigers. The preteens and newb tubers, and oh yes the ones that don't use anal lubers.

These loyal and precocious players rightfully wait in the time for every download... But is it worth this time, or is TreyArch trying to con its way into one more Black Op money making venture before MW 3 makes its debut.

You tell me!!!!

So dont buy it? They have every right to make as much profit as possible in a capitalist system. I have no idea why people get so angry when business's try to make money. If its worth the money to you buy it, if its not dont. Honestly it really is that simple.

The fact the OP is making, is that they leave things out of the game so they can release it as DLC later. If you ask me this tactic is under handed. If something is ready while is the game is still being made don't take it out and charge us for it later and branding it "new content".

Excuse me, but I believe they market it as additional content, do they not?

And that's exactly what it is, content additional to the game itself.

The main aim of any company is to make money and they're clearly doing a great job at it, because people keep on buying their content.

If you don't like it, don't buy it - nobody's forcing you too.

You tell me!!!!

I love Ignorant people. You make me laugh. And the Answer is No. End of Story. Activision and Microsoft Set the DLC price. Treyarch has nothing to do with the DLC being 15 Dollars. Besides, this isn't even the last map pack.

Nothing was left out of Black Ops, maybe two(Stadium and Discovery) maps were scrapped from the Original Release because the maps were not Good Enough. They then improved upon these two maps and released them as DLC. The point is, it wasn't ready, so even under your own logic its not "underhanded".

I love Ignorant people. You make me laugh. And the Answer is No. End of Story. Activision and Microsoft Set the DLC price. Treyarch has nothing to do with the DLC being 15 Dollars. Besides, this isn't even the last map pack.

First of all, I agree with you in part - it's Microsoft who set the DLC prices, not Treyarch.

However, I've got to disagree with you. This is the last map pack, Treyarch describe it in the trailer as "sort of a season finale for our fans".

I hate to burst your bubble, but if there are going to be any new maps released, it'll be for another game - not for Black Ops. The games at 1700G already, and the max a game can have is 1750G and I doubt they'll release another Zombies map without the Achievements.

I've got to disagree with you. This is the last map pack, Treyarch describe it in the trailer as "sort of a season finale for our fans".

I hate to burst your bubble, but if there are going to be any new maps released, it'll be for another game - not for Black Ops. The games at 1700G already, and the max a game can have is 1750G and I doubt they'll release another Zombies map without the Achievements.

No problem at all. Intelligent, Rational conversations are always welcome. I agree, and believe you are correct about this being the Last Zombie map for Black Ops.

I however believe there will be one more map Multiplayer map pack close to Battlefield 3's Release date.

lol @ all the whiners. Maybe you guys should go out and get a job instead of sitting at home playing video games all day, if $15 every couple of months is "RIDICULOUSLY TOO MUCH MONEY ZOMGBBQ!"

And I love how everything is always blamed on Treyarch...what's going to happen when IW starts doing the same thing? What are you going to say then? Fanboys.

First of all, I agree with you in part - it's Microsoft who set the DLC prices, not Treyarch.

However, I've got to disagree with you. This is the last map pack, Treyarch describe it in the trailer as "sort of a season finale for our fans".

The fact that they say "season" rather than "series", in reference to Zombies is interesting to me. It implies that we will see Zombies return in the future.

The fact that they say "season" rather than "series", in reference to Zombies is interesting to me. It implies that we will see Zombies return in the future.

This is Very Interesting.

And I love how everything is always blamed on Treyarch...what's going to happen when IW starts doing the same thing? What are you going to say then? Fanboys.

Isn't it Obvious? They would still Blame Treyarch!

But do we really think infinity ward is going to release as much DLC as Treyarch? Their Track record certainly doesn't give one hope that they will. . .

No problem at all. Intelligent, Rational conversations are always welcome. I agree, and believe you are correct about this being the Last Zombie map for Black Ops.

I however believe there will be one more map Multiplayer map pack close to Battlefield 3's Release date.

And I'm always happy to provide such conversation, where possible.

Yes, it'll likely be the last Zombies map but I can see where you're coming from with the multiplayer map pack, actually. It'd be a desperate attempt to squeeze as much money out of it as possible, but as long as people keep buying, it's fair to assume they'll keep releasing.

I like your thinking, actually. It's quite an interesting take on it.

Unless Treyarch get to work on the next Call of Duty game, it's quite possible that they may listen to fans and produce a stand alone Zombies game, although I'm not quite sure how such a game would turn out.

And I'm always happy to provide such conversation, where possible.

Yes, it'll likely be the last Zombies map but I can see where you're coming from with the multiplayer map pack, actually. It'd be a desperate attempt to squeeze as much money out of it as possible, but as long as people keep buying, it's fair to assume they'll keep releasing.

I like your thinking, actually. It's quite an interesting take on it.

Unless Treyarch get to work on the next Call of Duty game, it's quite possible that they may listen to fans and produce a stand alone Zombies game, although I'm not quite sure how such a game would turn out.

I'm not convinced Treyarch won't be on COD 9.

Indeed. They've been working on it(Black Ops 2 perhaps?) for nearly a year now.

Treyarch would have started the pre-poduction of the sequel as soon as Black Ops was out of the gate, maybe even sooner since it's Activision that are pressuring them for a new game every 2 years.

Also, Activision is the one that sets the price for the DLC.