The Exterminatus DLC

Demix

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was posted on there Facebook status today that the PS3 & PC version are out but the 360 version is delayed for unknown reason.

Probably get released tomorrow I guess.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

But using a bit of logic, it makes sense that the update isn't available. The US Xbox Live Marketplace updates at around 3am PST with its new content; Relic mentioned that they didn't release the updates until 8am PST. They missed the Marketplace update by five whole hours, so unless an exception is made, we'll be seeing the updates on 3am PST on the 26th of October (in the States).

This is just piss-poor planning, and while it's free content, it would at least be nice if THQ and/or Relic could get their act together and stop dicking us around.

It's free. What do you expect? This isn't spitting in our faces. This is missing the strict Xbox 360 submission deadline. It happens. I'd prefer to play this mode than the laggy, host bouncing of standard multiplayer, but I'm not going to have a nut burst over it.

Took them long enough to tell us.

10AM PST/1 PM EST is a long time in to the day? Well, I guess it could be if you've been obsessively watching the dashboard for hours.

10AM PST/1 PM EST is a long time in to the day? Well, I guess it could be if you've been obsessively watching the dashboard for hours.

I found out about it at 9PM EST, that is long enough.

So keep your assumptions.

On top of it all this is an issue of THQ being sloppy and giving the wrong release date for the DLC. It should have been Oct 25th for PC/PS3 and Oct 26th for XB360 knowing that their DLC updates at 6AM EST and that their DLC launch was after the perscribed time.

Edited by Miles Prower F6

It's free. What do you expect? This isn't spitting in our faces. This is missing the strict Xbox 360 submission deadline. It happens. I'd prefer to play this mode than the laggy, host bouncing of standard multiplayer, but I'm not going to have a nut burst over it.

THQ employees came to my house and spat in my face. On a serious note, it sucks that it wasn't released today as I was looking forward to pop this game back in but it's not that big of a deal. More time for Dark souls or Batman AC.

I found out about it at 9PM EST, that is long enough.

So keep your assumptions.

On top of it all this is an issue of THQ being sloppy and giving the wrong release date for the DLC. It should have been Oct 25th for PC/PS3 and Oct 26th for XB360 knowing that their DLC updates at 6AM EST and that their DLC launch was after the perscribed time.

Boo hoo. Sloppy is "valve time". Sloppy is "when it's done". Sloppy is Deep Silver's push of Dead Island, and pushing back DLC to "polish the game" that's already released. I can't take you seriously.

"This game doesn't need this, this game doesn't need that, but I'll be DAMNED IF THE DLC IS LATE".

THQ employees came to my house and spat in my face. On a serious note, it sucks that it wasn't released today as I was looking forward to pop this game back in but it's not that big of a deal. More time for Dark souls or Batman AC.

This is what I was lookin' for. ;D

Valve's pee'd in my coffee (HL2 Episode 3).

Prior to the release of the Xbox 360 version of the Exterminatus DLC it came to our attention that there was a connectivity issue that needed to be fixed. We have taken the difficult decision to delay the title update and DLC release to repair this issue and ensure that the mode is functioning as intended when we release it. We will share a projected live date for this content on the Space Marine community site as soon as possible.

So we're talking about days here... -.-

Boo hoo. Sloppy is "valve time". Sloppy is "when it's done". Sloppy is Deep Silver's push of Dead Island, and pushing back DLC to "polish the game" that's already released. I can't take you seriously.

Here we have a 5 star example of an idiot. A boy who claims to know much, yet knows very little.

In the world of business being late by a day can mean the end of thousands sometimes millions of dollars of contracts.

Why do you think there's so much importance on being on time at work? Time is money. People pay to be on time. People are layed off for not being on time. Life rises and falls based on time. The world is ruled by time.

The fact that THQ was not prompt with this information is unworthy of a company like that.

If you can't take me seriously. Go take your high school classes more seriously since you are clearly still a child. At least then you will be doing something productive.

So we're talking about days here... -.-

Eh. It figures. At least they're citing what's the problem: the same old connectivity issue. Time to wait out the current shitstorm of angry fans complaining they've been maliciously lied to.

We have zero control on when and where PSN & Xbox Live release the update. It looks like PSN started to push the update to their servers yesterday at 7:00pm PST. I am honestly surprised the Xbox version hasn't been pushed yet as they normally release between 2:00am-6:00am PST. They should be pushing it live any moment now. The PC version is slated for 10:01pm PST as that is when Steam releases new content.

Here we have a 5 star example of an idiot. A boy who claims to know much, yet knows very little.

In the world of business being late by a day can mean the end of thousands sometimes millions of dollars of contracts.

Why do you think there's so much importance on being on time at work? Time is money. People pay to be on time. People are layed off for not being on time. Life rises and falls based on time. The world is ruled by time.

The fact that THQ was not prompt with this information is unworthy of a company like that.

If you can't take me seriously. Go take your high school classes more seriously since you are clearly still a child. At least then you will be doing something productive.

HA. Wow. Touche, sir. I am defeated. Time is definitely money, because how will the free DLC make the figures of the other platforms they are pushing the free DLC on? What the FUCK does any of the garbage you brought up have to do with a free DLC coming out late?

People "pay to be on time"? You mean like airlines, or shipping, despite there being no real guarantee? Have you lived in the free world? Have you worked at a game company, or are these more figures pulled straight out of your twin-tailed ass? This shit happened at 2K all the time, and that was with paid arcade titles and DLC. I'm sorry these companies don't meet the high expectations when dealing with someone who's obviously an important man, bitching on forums they have no involvement in.

There are plenty of people that are layed off for reasons other than not being on time, dolt. Contractual obligations, morality clauses, fuck, they can make shit up and lay you off, if they want. Promptness with information, regardless, isn't going to change your life over Space Marine. They could tell you they're working on it, but it's not out until it's out.

"The world is ruled by time" when it comes to free DLC? Come on. Clearly, I'm still a child, because I'm arguing with a Sonic the hedgehog character.

Edited by Auburok

Wow, ladies, stop arguing. It seems a bit childish, but Miles does have a right to be upset. We have been left in the dark and THQ hadn't said anything about why it's been delayed.

Until now!

Prior to the release of the Xbox 360 version of the Exterminatus DLC it came to our attention that there was a connectivity issue that needed to be fixed. We have taken the difficult decision to delay the title update and DLC release to repair this issue and ensure that the mode is functioning as intended when we release it. We will share a projected live date for this content on the Space Marine community site as soon as possible.

http://www.spacemarine.com/forums/topic/8268#comment-103840

To put it simply, it could be a while.

Ahh! And here it comes(almost like it was planned I might add)! The anger, the contempt, from years of teen angst. But the part I like best is where the little one sets up a straw man and starts pounding the crap out of it! Inserting words that weren't in my argument and drawing the dreaded... hasty conclusion.

Obvious logical fallacy is obvious.

But this is why unlike the little one I am not going to be baited by a bunch of silly stuff that I already know plenty about.

The little one is too prideful to know when he is wrong, so he obviously can't be convinced in a civil conversation(or any really). At the same time the other forum readers now know they're dealing with an idiot as well.

So my job is done on both accounts, and I can continue being bent out of shape by the DLC.

Ooooh and the best part is that he'll probably try to defend himself against a Sonic character again! And if he chooses not to he can't prove he changed his mind after reading this either!

But at any rate. Good night little one, I've no interest in talking to you anymore. I apologize for de-railing the thread a bit.

Ahh! And here it comes(almost like it was planned I might add)! The anger, the contempt, from years of teen angst. But the part I like best is where the little one sets up a straw man and starts pounding the crap out of it! Inserting words that weren't in my argument and drawing the dreaded... hasty conclusion.

Much like conclusions drawn from apparently your dislike of my opinion. The wall of seemingly autistic bliss you've set up is a boring conclusion to this. Much like "straw man" of me being a high school student? Is there any difference in what you just wrote, or are you oblivious?

Obvious logical fallacy is obvious.

God. If you're going to communicate, act your age, Tai- oh wait.

But this is why unlike the little one I am not going to be baited by a bunch of silly stuff that I already know plenty about.

"Angst". Right. Yes, oh master of Space Marine and Sonic lore. I'm sorry I've ever invaded the bridge you claimed. Oh the logic fallacies I wield, such as:

Life rises and falls based on time. The world is ruled by time.
Ooho. Glad the secret's out. Where's your dominion? By the way, "baited" implies a rise, at all. Nice work.

The little one is too prideful to know when he is wrong, so he obviously can't be convinced in a civil conversation(or any really). At the same time the other forum readers now know they're dealing with an idiot as well.

Much like the prideful opinions you hold? You're no different. From what you project: you're just apparently very old (based on your speech), have an unhealthy obsession with Tails, and claim because I don't agree with you, I'm an idiot and no one should listen to me. Civil discussion? Please, lower that high horse; even returning an insult negates your claim, let alone suggesting excommunication from a board you've no sway over.

So my job is done on both accounts, and I can continue being bent out of shape by the DLC.

Ooooh and the best part is that he'll probably try to defend himself against a Sonic character again! And if he chooses not to he can't prove he changed his mind after reading this either!

But at any rate. Good night little one, I've no interest in talking to you anymore. I apologize for de-railing the thread a bit.

Yup, I will. If it's any consolation, you can join the rest of the "people that have no influence over my life" club. I hear they meet on Thursdays: Pender's probably the president. You'd have to make room in your busy schedule over bitching about how people are obligated to do you the favor of actually listening to you. Bitch all you want, you'll play the DLC when it's out. It's lateness will have no effect on you, other than adding vanilla drama to your life.

TL;DR:

Play the DLC when it's out, or don't. It's out a day or week late, whatever. Did you really have plans for this happening exactly on time, even with the extremely short notice of it coming these last few days? Honestly? Or are you just upset because something didn't go right? Life must be vapid and "ruled by (an excess of) time" if this is really the short straw for you currently.

Edited by Auburok

I cant believe that you guys are arguing because of this. In fact i cant believe that people are acting like spoilt kids because a dlc is late.

Its like so unacceptable that a dev that owes me nothing are late with something that im not paying for and worse of all they haven't told me immediately after they knew what was happening. :eek:

Its a free dlc, they didn't have to make it for the game or the community, but unlike alot of developers these days, they are actually bothered about whether gamers enjoy the game. And so what if its going to be late, its not like they suddenly thought "i cant be bothered, lets miss the release date we set", no, as they have reported there is an issue with the game/dlc. And heres another funny thing, their sorting it out, again with no charge to the community other than time. How many of you would be on here badmouthing them if they released it and it didn't work?

Also, they informed the community within 24 hours what was happening and the reasons behind it. Compared with some other developers that is very reasonable in my book. If anyone thinks that isn't reasonable, because they've done nothing but stare at the feeds/marketplace for a day, then they seriously need to find something better to occupy there time and grow up.

My friend tossed me this bit of information, I don't know if it's already been posted but I'll repost it just for the sake of it.

https://www.facebook.com/spacemarine

Thankfully we find this out at about 4AM EST when the USA is mostly asleep and the UK is yet to wake up.

As much as I love THQ, they really dropped the ball on this one.

Not only is the PC and the PS3 already enjoying their Exterminatus but they don't even bother to tell the Honor Guard directly. That's exactly where Space Marine fans would be turning in order to find out about their DLC delays.

Its a free dlc, they didn't have to make it for the game or the community, but unlike alot of developers these days, they are actually bothered about whether gamers enjoy the game. And so what if its going to be late, its not like they suddenly thought "i cant be bothered, lets miss the release date we set", no, as they have reported there is an issue with the game/dlc. And heres another funny thing, their sorting it out, again with no charge to the community other than time. How many of you would be on here badmouthing them if they released it and it didn't work?

Perhaps.

But the DLC is not free per se. It's not like we're getting "something for nothing." That's because this DLC was supposed to be part of the retail release that you paid for up front. The Exterminatus is just finishing what you weren't getting your full money's worth for. So you still paid for the Exterminatus, in fact you paid more since you had to wait for it.

Not to mention charging people for the mistakes a company makes is usually not a good way to encourage future buyers. So I think they are far more compelled to do this free. I mean think of the outrage people would have if they actually DID charge money for something that you were supposed to have gotten on release?

From what i can remember, THQ did make it quite clear to gamers that a coop mode would not be included with the retail version of the game. At the same time they said that they would release a free dlc post launch.

You should really think about your argument here. You say that I've already paid for the free dlc. No, i have no misconceptions, i paid for a retail game which is what i have. I didn't buy the game expecting anything extra after release, i bought it because i am a fan. And how exactly have i paid more? Was they some hidden charge that i am yet to notice? No, i paid the retail price for the game, the same price for 90% of all chart releases.

And where does it state exactly what our money's worth is from a game other than what a developer wants to put into a game? We got a campaign and multiplayer, sounds like more than enough to me.

Charging for mistakes? Exactly when have we been charged. Do you have the severe misconception that you paid for the hypothetical "mistakes" they didn't include? NO, you paid for a retail game that did everything it said on the box.

But again, this is going back to old argument of gamers who apparently know better than the developers what they are "supposed" to have....

As Miles said, co-op was intended for the full game but had to be dalyed due to technical difficulties, which was fair enough considering they admitted something was wrong and said that they were going to release it as free DLC in early October.

Then in early October we got confirmation that the DLC was going to be released in late October. This was kind of annoying, but I understood.

Now, the PS3 users and the PC users both got Exterminatus and we are left without it and with a poor excuse of "technical difficulties". There has still been no official release date, which means it is not coming out in the next few days.

We all have a right to complain, and I'm using mine now.

Also, a user on PS3Trophies has put up a mini-review which doesn't put this in a good light at all:

Just played the new dlc and i´m alittle dissapointed

+ playable

+ nice arenas

+ fine mix of orcs

+ in game challenges

- and + weapon challenges doesnt count

- no trophies

- no new level maximum

- enemies dissapear or get stuck in a wall so you have to quit

- enemies doesn't drop ammo enough

- it doesn't save the xp or kills, earned in the arena you are in if you quit

- freezing issues in round 19 and 20 because of the huge amount of enemies which spawns, the ps3 can´t take it (same problem in sp level 14 infinity enemies spawn spot, if you don´t kill the portal guys)

- freezing issues when opening the chat while ingame arena (beware)

i´ll see if i can find more + and - when i get to play it even more

Charging for mistakes? Exactly when have we been charged. Do you have the severe misconception that you paid for the hypothetical "mistakes" they didn't include? NO, you paid for a retail game that did everything it said on the box.

You would be right and I wouldn't even be talking about this right now if not for the fact of a few things.

See the key is that THQ marketed Space Marine as a game that had co-op in it. This is important because the buyer is lead to believe that he is going to purchase a retail copy of a game and be able to play co-op. The reality is that the launched game does not have co-op, and if you don't have an internet connection you will never have co-op.

This leads to the next issue.

Now. THQ specifically did NOT comment on the nature of the co-op until Space Marine launched. They did this because they already knew that there would be no co-op campaign, and that you wouldn't be getting co-op on release. They also knew that if they told people up front it would damage sales because co-op is a make or break element for many people. So THQ's marketing strategy was to hold this information back until the very last minute in order to minimize reserve withdraws.

So you are exactly right. We all paid for a game and we didn't expect to need DLC for a game mode that was already marketed to be in Space Marine.

That's why the DLC isn't free. The Exterminatus is just another mode that we were supposed to have.

In fact I bet the only reason why Space Marine wasn't pushed back so that the DLC would launch with the game is because Gears of War was coming out only a few weeks after Space Marine. THQ knew they had to launch Space Marine before Gears of War, they just made sure that they didn't let us in on their plan in order to keep their sales as high as they could

The mistake scenario was a hypothetical issue that was refering to if the DLC did have a price. It wasn't to be taken literally.

The problem is that you are giving the company too much credit. It isn't fair to be mercilessly harsh on issues, but it is likewise unfair to totally turn a blind eye when the issues are real.

THQ pulled a low sales trick. And now some of us are bent out of shape that we still aren't getting what we paid for on time. If this doesn't bother you then good, I'm glad(really I am, I'd prefer to not even be talking about this).

But I'm not going to ignore blatant trickery and disrespect from THQ, in fact I'm going to file them a complaint(for all the good it probably won't do).

I mean here it is in short hand if you don't want the more in depth explaination earlier.

THQ said Space Marine has co-op. THQ then lets you know the day of launch that there is no co-op campaign and that you have to wait 30 days after launch to get your new co-op mode.

Then 30 days later you don't get your co-op mode that was said to be in the game you were buying.

Then THQ tells us that it will be in "early October" and "soon." Soon turns out to be basically the last week of October, and THEN the DLC doesn't come out on the perscribed day for the 360 while it DOES come out on the PC and the PS3. And then to add insult to injury THQ tells us 24 hours later at about 4AM while everyone is asleep.

Yeah. If that isn't room to be even a LITTLE bit upset about something. I don't know what is.

I cant believe that you guys are arguing because of this. In fact i cant believe that people are acting like spoilt kids because a dlc is late.

Its like so unacceptable that a dev that owes me nothing are late with something that im not paying for and worse of all they haven't told me immediately after they knew what was happening. :eek:

Also, they informed the community within 24 hours what was happening and the reasons behind it. Compared with some other developers that is very reasonable in my book. If anyone thinks that isn't reasonable, because they've done nothing but stare at the feeds/marketplace for a day, then they seriously need to find something better to occupy there time and grow up.

I get what your saying and would agree but for one thing; this content was supposed to be available at launch on the game disc which cost $60, not including tax, according to advertisements, then it was stated that it would be available as an update/ dlc 30 days later and we are nearing 60 days later, and there are some issues that actually need resolving, as with 90% of games lately, to make some things actually work correctly; so, let people have a say in what they spend their money on before you jump down their throats. We each have something we're passionate about,so let it be.

I mean here it is in short hand if you don't want the more in depth explaination earlier.

THQ said Space Marine has co-op. THQ then lets you know the day of launch that there is no co-op campaign and that you have to wait 30 days after launch to get your new co-op mode.

Then 30 days later you don't get your co-op mode that was said to be in the game you were buying.

Then THQ tells us that it will be in "early October" and "soon." Soon turns out to be basically the last week of October, and THEN the DLC doesn't come out on the perscribed day for the 360 while it DOES come out on the PC and the PS3. And then to add insult to injury THQ tells us 24 hours later at about 4AM while everyone is asleep.

Yeah. If that isn't room to be even a LITTLE bit upset about something. I don't know what is.

Right, I would be in agreement with you if it wasn't for you ignorance. They announce it just over a week before release. Now if a week isn't enough time to cancel your preorder/make your mind up, i dont know what is.

And before you start trying to tell me im wrong, you can even check the news article that was posted on here, be sure to check the date it was posted,

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9470-Warhammer-40K--Space-Marine-Free--Exterminatus--Co-Op-DLC-Detailed.html

Further to that, theres a link in that article dated AUG 10th saying the same thing, that it wouldn't be included at launch, that it would be available a month after release - "give or take".

Let be honest, if this was unacceptable to anyone, they shouldn't of bought the game at release and waited until they were satisfied that everything they wanted was included.