Biggest FML Moments on a Game

ShinraBioweapon

Only one that comes to mind is one that traumatized me as a child, rofl.

My brother saved over my Star Ocean: The Second Story save a long long time ago. I had everything done in the entire game except for beating Izelia Queen, and I stopped to have dinner. When I came back, he was playing, and I helped him out a little, and amidst our talking, didn't notice when he saved over my file. We both just kinda sat there in silence. I cried a lot after, lol.

It's funny now, 'cause I think, "well, I went back and did it a couple times later," but to this day, that event is why I keep 2-3+ saves of any game / save / file at any given time, if possible. (Which is why Dragon's Dogma pisses me off atm. Really? Only one single individual save for the entire console? PS3, btw, lol.)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying Borderlands

What exactly is wrong with Borderlands? I've sank more hours into that game than I have in any other game, ever. Something like 100+ days.

Eh well, different strokes for different folks. Not going to hold you at the stake for not liking the game since the game isn't for everyone in the first place.

OT: Can it be regarding games in general? My having lost every handheld game I ever had other than the three I play most, some of which I cherished and really wish I still had.

For me it's my obsession with 100%ing Blur. I needed one more achievement to get the last Avatar award and I was runnign low on Disc Space.

I deleted all my photos taken for an achievement and it turns out that a FRIGGIN PHOTO is the game save data... :eek:

Sure I 100% Blur but even to this day when I look at my avatar awards I look at what could of been and it's because of this I gave up trying to 100% all avatar awards on all games.

For me it's my obsession with 100%ing Blur. I needed one more achievement to get the last Avatar award and I was runnign low on Disc Space.

I deleted all my photos taken for an achievement and it turns out that a FRIGGIN PHOTO is the game save data... :eek:

Sure I 100% Blur but even to this day when I look at my avatar awards I look at what could of been and it's because of this I gave up trying to 100% all avatar awards on all games.

Man I really need to get back and 100% that game. I can do, I got all the online achievements ages ago when I was obsessed with the MP. So it's just SP(and local MP) left now. But some of them are so annoying. Not winning races, not winning destruction events, not meeting racing fan targets, but meeting destruction fan targets. When its phrased like that it seems so far off what the game is about. Trying to get those is an FML moment in itself.

Man I really need to get back and 100% that game. I can do, I got all the online achievements ages ago when I was obsessed with the MP. So it's just SP(and local MP) left now. But some of them are so annoying. Not winning races, not winning destruction events, not meeting racing fan targets, but meeting destruction fan targets. When its phrased like that it seems so far off what the game is about. Trying to get those is an FML moment in itself.

If you really enjoyed this game like I have (possibly because I constantly no-lifed Mario Kart Double Dash 24/7 with my friends on the Gamecube) you'll get there in the end. Remember just get the Primary lights for Hard mode. I didn't realise this on my first play-through I thought it was a painful experience having doing this through act 1 & 2.

But, by far the most challenging are the destruction events followed by the checkpoints mode. In the last act, I think it is, on San Francisco destruction event - the hardest event out of all of them (hard difficulty).

Good Luck!

Mine was in Black Ops when I had to do the most stupid, nonsense, crappy, fucking zombies easter eggs.

Anyway I was doing the monn EE with my friends, we almost finished it and suddenly my power went off! and then all of my friends in the match had the achievement excepect me. :mad:

I didn't know what I had to do if shout and break everything in my room or stay there and crying.

That was my worst FML moment in videogaming.

If you really enjoyed this game like I have (possibly because I constantly no-lifed Mario Kart Double Dash 24/7 with my friends on the Gamecube) you'll get there in the end. Remember just get the Primary lights for Hard mode. I didn't realise this on my first play-through I thought it was a painful experience having doing this through act 1 & 2.

But, by far the most challenging are the destruction events followed by the checkpoints mode. In the last act, I think it is, on San Francisco destruction event - the hardest event out of all of them (hard difficulty).

Good Luck!

Honestly it's not the Hard mode primary lights that bother me. I may not win first time every time, but I consider myself pretty good at the racing so just winning isnt a problem for me. But the destruction events have a couple achievements tied to them that suck. I think it was winning a destruction event without missing a bolt or something, as well as the fan targets for one of them. But I'll likely go back to it, I'm usually successful when I give things a go months or years after I left them. And Drop the Hammer is just an awesome name for an achievement, I want it. :D

Oh, and no-lifing Mario Kart ftw.

- Getting a 23 killstreak on MW2 with nuke set and there's 7300/7500 kills on your team on TDM.

- Doing the requirements for Dig on Dig Dug 3-4 times and it not unlocking.

- Finding out you don't get a pokemon center or any sort of free healing between the Elite 4 and the champion.

- Having hundreds of hours on a file on Oblivion and accidentally deleting it.

Well I guess my biggest FML moment was when I was playing Max Payne 3. I completed the first 5 chapters on it and then I find out later that I have to be on free aim to be able to get the difficulty achievements.

so now I am going to restart the game and do it on free aim when I really really don't want to.

Whatever at least I find out now before completing the whole game and wondering why I am not getting the achievement.

I've had so many of these moments, when you've gamed as long a I have. However one of my biggest FML's was playing Assassin's Creed. I had to play through the entire game one more time on top of the 3 I had done already just for the 'Conversationalist' achievement. Was not worth it, but it was the last achievement for the 1000G.

Another one was playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I missed the alternate achievement 'The Throwdown' and had to replay 60-70% of the game just to get another shot at that one. That was most certainly not fun.

Basically any time I have to replay some/all of a game for one or two ahievements counts as a FML moment for me.

- Doing the requirements for Dig on Dig Dug 3-4 times and it not unlocking.

This reminds me of another FML moment. I don't know how one manages to have all acheivements bar one asking you to "obtain all other achievements", but alas a glitch in Sega Racing stuffs it up. Even if I wanted to re-do everything (which I shouldn't have to), I can't re-buy shop items. At least the one achievement I'm missing in Sega Tennis is skill based rather than BS. (Though trying to AAA Jet Set events is a little FML.)