Legendary Dragon ?

Floozy

My buddy fights them all the time at lv79 so idk exactly what lv you have to be but I demand a title update that puts a new dragon lair that always has a legendary dragon at it, cuz I'm at lv58 and I'm not fucking grind to lv79-81. Just for 1 cheeve fuck that

Dont grind... just explore and level like normal. Im a 63 almost 64 and the most grinding ive done is I switched from 1 hand to 2 hand to level that up. Ill probably start using Destruction Magic and Bows more when i level that up. Game is enjoyable.... no sense in rushing things.

I figure the most true grinding I will do will be light armor.... just gonna craft some dragon armor and let something hit me.

besides, if you just want to get the achievement you could start a new character(or old save), go get the book and do the book glitch.

Edited by ShaggyB

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree fully, achievements are to be earned or achieved, not given.

It's not exactly earned if you got people who just glitch to 81 bro so " earning " it is lame for Bethesda to make it to where I have to be maxed level just to get 1 stupid 40 point cheeve when u got other ppl who glitch to 81 I can see 60-65 but 79-81 come on give me a break

Dont grind... just explore and level like normal. Im a 63 almost 64 and the most grinding ive done is I switched from 1 hand to 2 hand to level that up. Ill probably start using Destruction Magic and Bows more when i level that up. Game is enjoyable.... no sense in rushing things.

I figure the most true grinding I will do will be light armor.... just gonna craft some dragon armor and let something hit me.

besides, if you just want to get the achievement you could start a new character(or old save), go get the book and do the book glitch.

Well when you've found 318 locations and are maxed in bows, 1 handed and 2 handed and armors. And I've done far way too many quests to count so the games gotten rather bland to me, I mean I see what your saying but there not enough shit to do to keep me intrested

Well when you've found 318 locations and are maxed in bows, 1 handed and 2 handed and armors. And I've done far way too many quests to count so the games gotten rather bland to me, I mean I see what your saying but there not enough shit to do to keep me intrested

Ive done much of that exploring myself. Perhaps i just get more enjoyment out of running thieves, brotherhood, companions and bounty hunting quests.

Edited by ShaggyB

This is kind of a spoiler type thing, so unless you are really desperate for methods to gain levels faster and don't mind spoilers, I'd advise you don't read any further.

The quest for the Aetherium wars eventually leads to you getting the choice between 3 unique and very special pieces of equipment. One of which is a Crown, and that crown holds an enchantment that allows you to retain the power of the last standing stone that you activated.

If you don't get how that's useful, I'll explain. Let's say you are trying to level Light Armor and Restoration at the same time, letting enemies wail on you to get both skills up. However you can only pick one of the Guardian stones, so you're only getting a bonus of 20% towards one of the skills, not both. Maybe you're smart and you're using the lover stone to get 15% to all your skill gains. That's still only 15% for both though.

So with this item you can get either a 20% bonus to both trees of skills, or a 15 bonus to all, and a 35% bonus to one of the three trees. Factor in the sleeping boosts (Sleep in a bed, get rested/10%, sleep in an owned bed, get well rested/15%, sleep in a bed in the home your married partner lives, get Lover's comfort/20%)

So you could be getting a total of 35% all around for all of your skills, and a 55% bonus to one tree. I'm not sure how many of you realize this, but that is a MAJOR help in increasing skills.

I hope that helps some people, and I hope the spoilers weren't too bad or were worth it. :)

Thank you for reminding me. I played most of the main game as a werewolf (no well rested bonus), I completely forgot about it.

Thank you for reminding me. I played most of the main game as a werewolf (no well rested bonus), I completely forgot about it.

Even without being a Werewolf I forget a lot too. Funny thing is that feature has been in almost every Bethesda game since Oblivion if I'm not Mistaken. Might have been in Morrowind too. I was playing Fallout New Vegas the other day and checking my stats, and my character had been alive (in-game time) for over 3 years, and slept only one time.

I went to Mount Anthor and found me a Legendary Dragon. Easy to kill at level 79. If anyone is struggling to find one, try there.

Same. I fast travelled around the Dragon Wall places at level 78 and found nothing but Ancient Dragons. I still hadn't even run into a Revered Dragon yet. Went to Mount Anthor and sure enough, Legendary Dragon.

Same. I fast travelled around the Dragon Wall places at level 78 and found nothing but Ancient Dragons. I still hadn't even run into a Revered Dragon yet. Went to Mount Anthor and sure enough, Legendary Dragon.

Saw a revered at Dragonbridge as a 63. (while looking for the priest).

I'm at lv 67 now and now I'm not seeing ancient dragons anymore I'm seeing a shitton of Revered dragons so I'm hoping at 70 a LD will show up

It sounds like you have to be at least level 78 for a legendary dragon to show up, unless someone here can confirm that they appear at 70-78 too.

It sounds like you have to be at least level 78 for a legendary dragon to show up, unless someone here can confirm that they appear at 70-78 too.

I searched for literally hours at level 77, and never saw anything higher than a Revered Dragon. Hit level 78, and saw one within two minutes. Aim for level 78.

Guest Scotty
Dammit! Maybe if we all bitch loud enough at Bethesda they'll make them appear at slightly lower levels? Seems to be a huge grind levelling up now I'm past 50, and the book glitch seemed like cheating to me.

i dont think using the book glitch is cheating. the cheevo requirement is to kill a legendary dragon and glitching your way up to level 78-81 doesn't give you any advantage towards killing the dragon, as you have to be that high of a level anyway. besides, the way the game is supposed to be played, or at least how most people would play it, you would never get that high of a level. even getting to 50 is a stretch. you shouldn't have to grind through useless mage powers if you're a warrior class, just to level up. it doesn't make sense.

i can see were you're coming from, though. it does feel kinda dodgy having got the cheevo with the book glitch, but it took me about 5 days to level up from 52 to 65 and 4 of those 5 days were just pure grinding. thats hardly 'legit' leveling either, imo.

i dont think using the book glitch is cheating. the cheevo requirement is to kill a legendary dragon and glitching your way up to level 78-81 doesn't give you any advantage towards killing the dragon, as you have to be that high of a level anyway.

THANK YOU!!!

You are 100% correct and win at life.

So everyone should glitch up, kill the dragon, revert back to their non-glitchy save and stop whining! :drunk

besides, the way the game is supposed to be played, or at least how most people would play it, you would never get that high of a level. even getting to 50 is a stretch. you shouldn't have to grind through useless mage powers if you're a warrior class, just to level up. it doesn't make sense.

i can see were you're coming from, though. it does feel kinda dodgy having got the cheevo with the book glitch, but it took me about 5 days to level up from 52 to 65 and 4 of those 5 days were just pure grinding. thats hardly 'legit' leveling either, imo.

I wouldn't say getting to 50 is a stretch. I got up to 56 legit. A buddy of mine got up to 54 legit as well. Granted, it's only my own experience, but I'd say someone going for all the other achievements legitimately and playing through the game will wind up somewhere in the mid 50s before having to resort to grinding.

And 5 days to go from 52 to 65? I started two days ago and went from 56 to 71. I should have 78 by the end of the day today. (I deleted all my old saves to save some room, and don't feel like going through all the BS to do the book glitch. Plus, there's more DLC coming out, so I'm figuring a near-maxed character will probably come in handy in the future.)

That all being said, they should have had the revered spawn in the 50s, and the legendarys starting with level 60. 78 is ridiculous, and can only be obtained through mindless grinding of skills useless to your specific character, or glitching.

Guest Scotty
I wouldn't say getting to 50 is a stretch. I got up to 56 legit. A buddy of mine got up to 54 legit as well. Granted, it's only my own experience, but I'd say someone going for all the other achievements legitimately and playing through the game will wind up somewhere in the mid 50s before having to resort to grinding.

And 5 days to go from 52 to 65? I started two days ago and went from 56 to 71. I should have 78 by the end of the day today. (I deleted all my old saves to save some room, and don't feel like going through all the BS to do the book glitch. Plus, there's more DLC coming out, so I'm figuring a near-maxed character will probably come in handy in the future.)

That all being said, they should have had the revered spawn in the 50s, and the legendarys starting with level 60. 78 is ridiculous, and can only be obtained through mindless grinding of skills useless to your specific character, or glitching.

i got to 52 'legit' on my main character, but that was using all warrior and all rogue skills. i just meant that, if you play a pure class, then you likely wouldn't get to 50 by the time you have done everything. i'm not complaining about getting to 50 either, just using it to kinda back my point up a bit, that this mindless grinding is stupid.

oh and it did take me 5 days to get from 52-65. not 5 full days. but going on after work for about 2 hours a day, which granted would only be 10 hours grinding, but still if i started on day 1 at 52 then 5 days later im on 65, regardless of how much i played each time, it took me 5 days as far as im concerned.

and i'm pretty glad i did grind to 65 for future DLC. it still a high level, but i'm not running around, looking for shit to get in a fight with just to level up destruction magic, or letting someone hit me for ages then trying to level up restoration. i hate using magic on this game, im a warrior 95% of the time and a rogue for a measly 5%. i still maintain that this kind of grinding is just the same as using the book. your still just abusing the system of the game to power level. granted, grinding is a bit more 'morally acceptable'.:p

i got to 52 'legit' on my main character, but that was using all warrior and all rogue skills. i just meant that, if you play a pure class, then you likely wouldn't get to 50 by the time you have done everything. i'm not complaining about getting to 50 either, just using it to kinda back my point up a bit, that this mindless grinding is stupid.

I agree that it's stupid. But I think that most players are at least going to dabble with abilities outside their usual class, and will probably end up in the mid 50s by the time they're done with everything else. That's assuming, of course, that they go through the game thoroughly. If they just stick to the main quests and a handful of the side quests/storylines, they could end up considerably lower.

oh and it did take me 5 days to get from 52-65. not 5 full days. but going on after work for about 2 hours a day, which granted would only be 10 hours grinding, but still if i started on day 1 at 52 then 5 days later im on 65, regardless of how much i played each time, it took me 5 days as far as im concerned.

We just have different definitions for the word "days". I spent two days, but about 5-6 hours/day. You spent 5, but only 2 hours a day. So we spent roughly the same length of time, we're just calling it different things.

and i'm pretty glad i did grind to 65 for future DLC. it still a high level, but i'm not running around, looking for shit to get in a fight with just to level up destruction magic, or letting someone hit me for ages then trying to level up restoration. i hate using magic on this game, im a warrior 95% of the time and a rogue for a measly 5%. i still maintain that this kind of grinding is just the same as using the book. your still just abusing the system of the game to power level. granted, grinding is a bit more 'morally acceptable'.:p

The only reasons I'm not using the book method are (a) I have a feeling having a 78+ character is going to come in handy in the future DLC, and (b) I just don't feel like spending a day or two replaying all that crap from the beginning just to abuse the glitch. Would probably have taken me 2 days anyway. That being said, I have no problems with people who abuse the glitch. But I'm also much more accepting of what people do with single player games anyway; as long as it doesn't affect me, I don't care how much you cheat/hack/glitch to get your trophies. That's your problem, not mine. I don't even have a problem with those who hack (single player, of course) game saves to save themselves from spending hours of mindless grinding. An achievement unearned through spending hours doing things like casting soul trap on a dead body is just as unearned as one achieved through hacking, IMO; in both cases, you did not earn the trophy in a way that was intended. The only difference is one method took several hours, the other took 5 minutes.

tl;dr version of the above wall of text: It's single player. Cheat like crazy. Who the fuck cares?