Is the achievement pack ever likely to come down in price?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think it's expensive at all. Seeing it at 1200MP does put you off but you're getting 250G from it. If you compare it to Gears of War 2 or Fallout 3 you will see, it's better value for money.

Fallout 3 DLC at 800MP a piece for 350G is double the price for only 100G more. Gears of War 2 is currently on 1425G with both the Snowblind and Combustible Map Packs at 800MP and the Flashback Maps at an extra 400MP if you didn't pre-order.

There is more yet to come from these to games to go up to the limit of 1750G and they are likely to be at 800MP each, whilst it may seem cheaper than Stranglehold, in the long run it costs you more. DLC is a MASSIVE rip off and so far Halo has been the only one worth waiting out for as it actually drops in price.

If DLC is the future for gaming, it needs to improve vastly.

my buddy picked it up for $3 new at target our jaws dropped when we saw 1200MP for the DLC

Similar situation (but in England so a bit higher priced ofc. £5 new at Play.com) and 1200Msp for the DLC. Shocked, well and truly.

I don't think it's expensive at all. Seeing it at 1200MP does put you off but you're getting 250G from it. If you compare it to Gears of War 2 or Fallout 3 you will see, it's better value for money.

Though if you compare their multiplayer popularity then you can see why they'd be excused..

This game is old now. I searched and found NO matches. It sucks that I got it so late. They really should lower the price to try and get people to play it. But to those waiting for a reduction, I wouldn't hold my breath..

Though if you compare their multiplayer popularity then you can see why they'd be excused..

This game is old now. I searched and found NO matches. It sucks that I got it so late. They really should lower the price to try and get people to play it. But to those waiting for a reduction, I wouldn't hold my breath..

Yeah I guess, I do think overall the Live Content is way too overpriced, there's not enough incentive for people to pay even more than the price they paid for the game and then the people who do by the add-ons for achievements or otherwise pay the price (excuse the pun). I know Microsoft need money to keep things running but they are milking us for everything now.

As for Stranglehold, I know the multiplayer is dead but you can always find other players/boosters in the forums and it's still so much fun to play.

As for Stranglehold, I know the multiplayer is dead but you can always find other players/boosters in the forums and it's still so much fun to play.

Convinced a mate to buy it so we can have a laugh and I had a couple guys lining up to boost with me but I've lost their tags so I'll post on the trading thread whenever I get on multiplayer, see if they spot me.

• 1 month later...

I bought it for 19.99$ at BlockBuster without the case. (Just like a black blank case.)

Go to EB the next day, 9.99$ with the case!!! FUCK You BlockBuster.

I then rented UFC, kept it for 29 days longer than allowed and since it's 1$/day late fees, I will never rent again!

Collecting games FTW!

But, on topic: DLC should be free. Gimme 250!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My brother and i bought the dlc about 2-3 weeks ago and it was still 1200, We bought it knowing full well we were only gonna have each other to play because it seems like nobody else in the world plays stranglehold mp but we needed the mp achievements, got all 1250g so i guess it was worth it.

I think its unlikely for the DLC to ever drop as Midway no longer exist, its surprising the servers are still running. I justify the 1200 by saying if I was going to buy an arcade game for that much I'd only get 200 gs so its an easy 250

• 5 months later...

The price isn't coming down, why would it? Most of the posts I read on here state that the game was purchased for under ten dollars used. They don't see any money from that sale. The fact is, people are still paying money for the DLC because they need that 100%, so as long as there is money to be made, why would they lower it?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have read most if not all of the posts about the cost of the DLC for this game and i must agree that it is way over priced @ 1200 msp=£10/$15 for 250gs. :eek: the game is ok but old, chow yun fat is a good actor, Jon woo is a good director/writer and that's it... as far as completing this game myself i keep checking the price whenever i get msp crossing my fingers...

but now this game is over 4 years old and no price drop i have decided to delete my game save and push the achievement blade way down my games list knowing i won't get it completed unless i win the lotto and have money to throw away(even then i'll hesitate).

Although one idea is for everyone who wants to get this game on they're completion list is to put in a petition to get the price down to an acceptable one. if this dosen't work then it'll be obviouse that they're thinking only about the money and not us gamers showing off this game on our completed games list.

• 1 year later...