What do you think about this game?

NetoAlex

I play mostly online MP FPS games - Halo, COD, BF3. I have found this game to a fairly good 'other' type of game for me. I read science fiction as my main genre so the themes raised in the game regarding memory corruption and the nature of identity is handled in an interesting way. Love the art design also. Controls are ok enough.

I started the game on hard and it's very annoying. I have a pretty high tolerance level when it comes to "bad" games, but this on just has the worst combat. The dodge move is slow and I still end up getting hit from all sides when I do dodge. Maybe it will get better later. but I am not enjoying this at all playing on Hard right away.

Also, your focus goes away if you die. Making the 2nd stranger fight really sucky.

Do you think is good,i'm asking because i'm not sure of buying it.

I think it was pretty decent. Definitely not worth a buy but a RENT. It's too short and after two playthroughs there is not much of a replay-value there.

I especially liked the futuristic level design and soundtrack. The controls and combat system were alright but not as good and fluent as in Batman: AC.

Didn't have any problems with the camera angle as a few have mentioned.

Talking about Nilin's ass...mmh mmh! Remember you soon.

The game is lineair. The camera has screwed me over too many times to count. The combat is awful, camera issues, and no way of decent healing. The only good thing about the game is that it's original and futuristic. Other than that, save your money, not worth buying. If you can rent it, or find a cheap copy, do that, but don't pay full price.

I like the game's theme & especially the remix part, but the combat is sometimes really annoying. Dodging isn't invincible and I often got hit even when I was already dodging, which killed me many times. I too think the freelow combat from Batman Arhkam series is a lot better.

After getting all achievements I'll trade it. I don't regret buying it but also don't plan on keeping it.

I started the game on hard and it's very annoying. I have a pretty high tolerance level when it comes to "bad" games, but this on just has the worst combat. The dodge move is slow and I still end up getting hit from all sides when I do dodge. Maybe it will get better later. but I am not enjoying this at all playing on Hard right away.

Also, your focus goes away if you die. Making the 2nd stranger fight really sucky.

So you start on Hard then complain it has bad combat. Don't start on Hard. Start on normal and unlock the pressens and get the collectibles to make your life easier on Hard.

The combat is awful, camera issues, and no way of decent healing

Bitching for the sake of bitching. The combat is fun when you get used to chaining and dodging and just create a combo of healing/chain pressens to heal quickly. I think I've only ever had issues with the camera a couple of times in my three playthroughs. Edited by slimepunch

I would buy the game. Personally, I had NO problem with the camera angles or combat. Dodging was difficult to understand at the beginning but I quickly got used to it. Start the game on easy or medium, don't automatically go into it on hard and then complain that the game sucks just because you don't know how to use the controls.

I liked the story a lot and the music was probably one of my favourite parts.

I bought the game instead of renting and I don't mind.

I like to be able to share games with friends afterwards, but hey, thats just my opinion.

• 1 month later...
So you start on Hard then complain it has bad combat. Don't start on Hard. Start on normal and unlock the pressens and get the collectibles to make your life easier on Hard.

Bitching for the sake of bitching. The combat is fun when you get used to chaining and dodging and just create a combo of healing/chain pressens to heal quickly. I think I've only ever had issues with the camera a couple of times in my three playthroughs.

I started it (and finished it) on hard (Memory Hunter) and found it , well, hard. However, you'll only need to replay a few key fights a few times until you figure out the best combo system to use. The checkpoints are pretty forgiving as well.

The story was a bit convoluted but overall still pretty intriguing. The remix scenes were definitely interesting and new.

This game is worth a rent, but don't expect to get all of the achievements on your first playthrough on Hard.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some thoughts from after my first playthrough c&p from elsewhere.

Just finished Remember Me, I wouldn't recommend it. Enslaved does pretty much the same gameplay stuff but better.

I liked the additions to the Batman-style combat but the close camera meant attacks kept coming from out of the frame.

I don't see what the point of the over-the-shoulder view (when using the Spammer) was when the target gets highlighted in white. Cuts down the FOV.

Having to re-read tips and re-set your combos after failing at a checkpoint is pretty annoying.

The second stage of the final boss has a foreground obstruction in the way of a key enemy in the background.

The game has two contenders for worst dialogue of the year, the Trace chopper fight and the final boss. Really fucking awful.

Anyway the memory remix stuff was great and I liked the Scaramechs, those were a cool idea. 5/10 overall, decent, but whatevs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loved the game. Amazing visual design (game looks fantastic, even though some lvls get repetitive), nice setting, decent playtime and I also enjoyed the gameplay. Combat might not have been too deep, but building your own combos was cool and I never really ran into any real camera problems as well. The jumping mechanic is kinda weird though, missed quite a few ledges bc of it.

The highest difficulty setting also feels perfect. It's not too easy but also not really frustrating. Maybe died a couple times at the first and last boss, but thats about it. The dodge is also really overpowered, you are basically invincible and can use the dodge to jump over enemies nonstop without being hit at all - esp. helpful for the last boss and for those shooting robots. It blows my mind that some people seriously had problems with the dodging in this game.

It's also one of these games that really benefit from Achievements - though they might have lowered the number of collectibles, but at least they give you benefits for collecting them. I got everything except the 5 minute Xmas kill (will just come back on easy) and 400 kills in one go. Actually got the misc. kill Achievements without any problems. So they're quite satisfying and keep you motivated throughout the whole game. They even added a statistic where you can track you achievement progress! No need to play through 20 times, just one enjoyable ride, what more can you ask for? That's how these things are supposed to be.

Easily recommendable, especially at its current price.

Edited by Schreckofant

hmm..

I reckon it's a pretty great idea. Awesome story, likable protagonist and really stunning backdrops. However, the collecting is incredibly tedious and really ruins the game - as you have to do collectibles in order to improve your character.

The platforming was pretty terrible and honestly, the game could have done without it. As well as being extremely linear with some really bad camera issues.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished it. Had really high hopes for the game especially for the story wich seemed really good and interesting from the trailers. Unfortunely there were too many small issues. Firstly the camera is awful.

The checkpoint system is horrible. Imissed several collectibles just cause i died and couldnt get back to the collectible. You would Think if you got to a save Point and die the collectible u picked up right Before that still would cound but NO. It doesnt Count and from the save Point you cant go back to the collectible.

EDIT It turns out i missed a earlier collectible and not the one i thought so yeah its not THAT bad then.

Also Another thing i hate is that you cant skip cutscenes. Espescially when replaying chapters. I dont mind watching the cutscenes the first time i play the game i would have watched them even if i could skip them but i dont want to see them again.

But there were some good ideas like the combos story and remixes wich were really cool. Could have ben fantastic but instead it was just ok.

Edited by abcdelm

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just started this, and it's very good, It's very cheap now and although very easy, it's challenging enough to keep you entertained. For the £10 I paid for it, well worth the money, setting is awesome, environments, soundtrack all spot on, it is very linear, and the combo's system isn't as good as their trying to sell it, but still a blast, my only fault would be the camera, it can be a pain sometimes, but not enough to detract from the game. I would rate it a 7/10 and for difficulty, maybe a 3/10.

• 1 month later...

I was personally quite impressed. It's not the best, high quality game in the world, and I 1k'd it the week it came out, but it was still a good experience and a great first try from new developer, Dontnod. God only knows about their future, but I'll probably check out whatever they do next, and would love to see another game set in NeoParis or the full post apocalyptic world.

Side not, I think it's hilarious the voice acting doesn't match the lips not because it was made in Japanese, but in french...lol. Something you don't see often.