What is your New Year resolution for 2013?

Selections

Well as it comes closer and closer to the end of 2012, the thoughts of deciding your New Years resolution starts coming to mind.

As for me, im hoping to leave my job and actually pursue something that I love doing. But haven't got too far yet!

Gaming related; Setting a realistic goal of getting 10k+ gamerscore. Seeing its taken me 5 years to get 30k :p

So, whats your New Years resolution?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same as it was for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012..... quit smoking. :p

I went cold turkey for 3 months then started again. I go cold turkey for a few weeks at a time but someone always pushes me too far.

As for gaming, it is to continue gaming until my completion rate is above 80%. Just hit 40% this week, so hoping the next 6-8 weeks has me popping a lot of achievements and plenty of red-eye nights.

#YOLO /suicide

Game wise...nothing. I'll probably be playing a less and riding my Harley more.

Life wise...to keep my diabetes in check, like I've been doing for the past 6 months.

Forum wise...not "living" on the site like I have been.

Family wise...try to be a better husband and do more for my wife while I still can.

To lose weight is my priority. I'm not totally overweight or obese or anything but I could do with dropping 2-3 stone just to get that "average look"

Would like to get fit and healthy too during the process. However I got to dig deeper and push a bit more for that. Gotta stop smoking, drinking way too much when going out and most importantly of all, stop abusing drugs. (I'm not an addict or anything, it's just something I'd do like once a month or something)

My resolution for last year was to be more socialable. Which I was to an extent although I could of put more effort in. I still prefer to be indoors doing my own thing gaming rather than being the out going person. I guess thats just the way I am.

-Get a new place. Hopefully to hit the house market by spring or summer after daughters' schools over and get a new place for 3 of us (my daughters and me)

-Hoping to get 90-100k gamescore and hovering 95% game completion or above. 98% game completion at this moment.

-Get my youngest daughter to parpicate gymnastic in Jan-Feb

-try to lose 10-15 lbs and fat off of my abs (160lbs atm) tryin to get back to shape.

-cutting down smoking and try to quit smoking cigarettes.

The same as it was for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012..... quit smoking. :p

I went cold turkey for 3 months then started again. I go cold turkey for a few weeks at a time but someone always pushes me too far.

#YOLO /suicide

Do you work with smokers? I've heard that can be the hardest part. 80% of the people I worked with smoked, but over the last 3 years everyone's helped each other quit. Only a certain few and new staff smoke now :)

Game wise...nothing. I'll probably be playing a less and riding my Harley more.

Life wise...to keep my diabetes in check, like I've been doing for the past 6 months.

Forum wise...not "living" on the site like I have been.

Family wise...try to be a better husband and do more for my wife while I still can.

Sounds like the perfect peaceful life, apart from hearing you're a diabetic. Hope things go well for you next year :)

To lose weight is my priority. I'm not totally overweight or obese or anything but I could do with dropping 2-3 stone just to get that "average look"

Would like to get fit and healthy too during the process. However I got to dig deeper and push a bit more for that. Gotta stop smoking, drinking way too much when going out and most importantly of all, stop abusing drugs. (I'm not an addict or anything, it's just something I'd do like once a month or something)

My resolution for last year was to be more socialable. Which I was to an extent although I could of put more effort in. I still prefer to be indoors doing my own thing gaming rather than being the out going person. I guess thats just the way I am.

Thats great to hear. I kept on putting weight loss off every year. In the end I got sick of hearing about my self complaining and ended up joining a gym 2 months ago. Absolutely loving my new healthy lifestyle, and highly recommend it!

-Get a new place. Hopefully to hit the house market by spring or summer after daughters' schools over and get a new place for 3 of us (my daughters and me)

-Hoping to get 90-100k gamescore and hovering 95% game completion or above. 98% game completion at this moment.

-Get my youngest daughter to parpicate gymnastic in Jan-Feb

-try to lose 10-15 lbs and fat off of my abs (160lbs atm) tryin to get back to shape.

-cutting down smoking and try to quit smoking cigarettes.

Good luck, sounds like you've got an exciting year ahead!

More Xbox 360 games ahead in early of 2013 and get more achievements plus Rayman Legends, Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3 coming on Wii in early 2013 and Sly 4, new God of War game and The Last of Us comng on PS3 between March and May 2013!!!. :)

Look forward lots new games coming. Later in year might be new Xbox. Oh my another next generation console to get my big money away in by next Christmas if rumour is truth about next Xbox coming in late 2013. :D

Main thing: Get a job and go to College. If I can get out from under my Parent's roof. Having a good job would make that a lot easier :p

Gaming Wise:

• Reach 200k
  • Reach 75% completion
  • 150 completions
  • Get some higher quality completions

Some of the higher quality completions I would like to do:

[spoiler=quality]

Dark Souls

Dark Souls (PC) Maybe

Gears of War 1 & Gears 2 & Gears 2 (JPN)

Dragon Age Origins & 2

Mass Effect 1/2/3

Riddick

Table Tennis

Batman AA

The list goes on and on....

Quit smoking cigarettes completely, limit my medical marijuana use to just once a week or once a month, cut back on my "once a friday" 12 pack of NewCastle Brown Ale binges, finish my entire backlog of arcade and retail games before the next console is released, stop being so negative about things, seek out some Anger Management classes, find a different pharmacy to work at and most of all.. stop dissing the Playstation 3 as much as I do on internet forums! Haha! ;)

This will probably sound cliched but my resolution is to do something meaningful with my life. I've been in a rut the last 3 years spending the majority of my time working and my free time sitting at home either gaming or watching documentaries. I don't want to join the YOLO revolution but i don't want to spend the rest of my life simply working for the man and being another person in the crowd.

Watch this space;)

I really need to fix some things in my life, like, now.

Losing some weight would be the first thing I need to do, working out, etc. I'm not obese, just out of shape. Ever seen Run Fatboy Run with Simon Pegg? It's like that, except I didn't made a dumb mistake like he did with his fiance.

I also need to get more active. I don't work out a lot, and I need to. I need to stop drinking so much soda, water is better.

Might end up getting a job or going back to school to further my career in life, so to speak.

Lastly, I need to become more social, but I don't have a good entry point. No close friends in real life, and I'd like to change that.

Well, those are my plans. ;)

Edited by Nevander