This game attracts arseholes online

o D M C o

Much like my experiences playing COD and GOW online, this game has left a bad taste in my mouth. This must just be one of those games that seems to attract the worst elements of gaming culture. The type who feel the need to send highly abusive msgs if you happen to kill them more than they kill you. In 4hrs of play time yesterday and today I have recieved 4 horrible messages from 2 different 'people' involving racism, accusing me of being a camper, accusing me of being a gamerscore modder and just general bad language.

One of these morons actually called me a 'fucking... fuck' in a voice msg. Ive replayed the msg a few times to listen to the bit where he paused between 'fucking' and 'fuck' and its actually quite amusing. He was all out of ideas after the 'fucking' part! Its not that I have anything against unbelievably thick ppl, but my God, thats the most embarrassingly witless insult Ive ever heard. Another thing is has that both of these morons accused me of being a camper, has the definition of camping changed whilst I was away? I continuously run about trying to kill people, I never camp in any game anyway, but in MP3 Im about as far from being a camper as its possible to get!

Is anyone else getting much of this sort of stuff, my friend yesterday got an abusive message, and the lad I played with today said he'd had a couple aswell, are we the only ones attracting idiots?

Edited by o D M C o

I like that I can hear the other teams chat.

- I've been called the N word so many times and I'm the whitest dude on earth.

- One guy accused me of cheating because my guns were Gold.

- I kept killing this one guy and he was just freaking out everytime. That was more fun than annoying :ass

I miss the MP days when people played for fun, laughed when they f'd up or said, 'good game' at the end. It's difficult to find any MP game that has those reactions.

I don't get many hate messages. They tend to send me negative rep. I get at least one a day playing this game. I don't think I got one yesterday but I didn't do as good as I normally do.

I don't even use a mic and they send me a trash talking vote at times. Hard to tell who it is unless they are being an ass and talking to you during the game though.

I haven't really got in to the online gaming part of games yet. Mainly as I've been playing old games to try and catch up in game series, but I did get an abusive one playing FIFA online and have to say it really puts me off. Life's too short!

Stupidity and an Internet connection makes those people think they rule the world. When they grow up they'll hopefully realize, while taking orders at McDonalds, it's not the case.

Don't let those people get to you, I always try to piss them off even more when they're already furious. When they sent me a standard 101 hate message and I reply "sorry, your last message didn't came through because I blocked you, could you send it again?" and it's just funny to see how stupid they are. If they send it again just reply "nope, still nothing".

Much like my experiences playing COD and GOW online, this game has left a bad taste in my mouth. This must just be one of those games that seems to attract the worst elements of gaming culture. The type who feel the need to send highly abusive msgs if you happen to kill them more than they kill you. In 4hrs of play time yesterday and today I have recieved 4 horrible messages from 2 different 'people' involving racism, accusing me of being a camper, accusing me of being a gamerscore modder and just general bad language.

One of these morons actually called me a 'fucking... fuck' in a voice msg. Ive replayed the msg a few times to listen to the bit where he paused between 'fucking' and 'fuck' and its actually quite amusing. He was all out of ideas after the 'fucking' part! Its not that I have anything against unbelievably thick ppl, but my God, thats the most embarrassingly witless insult Ive ever heard. Another thing is has that both of these morons accused me of being a camper, has the definition of camping changed whilst I was away? I continuously run about trying to kill people, I never camp in any game anyway, but in MP3 Im about as far from being a camper as its possible to get!

Is anyone else getting much of this sort of stuff, my friend yesterday got an abusive message, and the lad I played with today said he'd had a couple aswell, are we the only ones attracting idiots?

I usually ignore abusive Messages, but if I feel like replying I usually write either:

1. C R Y

2. Don't hate because I beat you, appreciate because I teach you

;)

I thought that was online gaming in general.

This should be the end of the thread. Every game will have it's share of

"arseholes" in multiplayer.

For future reference.....

You can go to that person in your "gaming history" (go over 2 spots from your friends) or simply view their profile from the sent message, and file a complaint/submit player review (Avoid This Player), and block communications, and move on. ~Peace~

'Show me the bit where you didn't'

Are you serious? whats your problem? and here's the bit where I 'didn't' as you missed it 1st time;

'In 4hrs of play time yesterday and today I have recieved 4 horrible messages from 2 different people'

That good enough for you? not sure why your picking a fight with me but my saying 2 people have been arseholes is hardly condemning the entire community is it now. The point I was trying to make is that some online games seem to attract more idiots than others. 4 days playing Battlefield games online and not 1 hate msg vs 4hrs on Max Payne and 2 lots of msgs. Most of the time xbl is a joy, but then when I play a select few games the hate msgs just roll in

Edited by o D M C o

Arguing on these forums (and all forums for that to matter) is a exercise in futility...It is just the same as arguing with someone on X-Box live/multiplayer. You will just go back and forth with no one conceding their point. Best to just let it go.

Agreed, but I was accused of something I didnt do so just thought Id make my point clear.

I wanted to start a new thread for my online complaints and issues that need addressed, but i will try to contain myself and just leave it as a post in this thread...

Is there anyone else that thinks Duel wields, while free-aimed, should be more like a sniper? What i mean is, take the dot off the HUD. the amount of people using duel wields to date is INSANE and it is so obvious how significantly under-powered assault rifles are (excluding the mini-30).

I think the dot should be removed when in free-aim and only be present while holding in LT. Free-aim "strafing" plus spraying with duel-wields takes no skill at all and this is coming from someone with nearly a 3 K/D with 1911 duel wields.

I noticed how they tweaked the sniper to where it isn't automatically scoped in when you press LT, it takes a little while for a scope to appear, while it makes little difference, it is still a tweak for the better.

It's annoying how so many people in the DLC playlists are running around with duel-wields and Mini-30s that are over level 40 or legendary. Out of all my matches yesterday i had seen very few people actually using the M4 assault rifle, which i do not understand why... its a new gun, you think ppl would want to use it since they decided to pay for it.

Oh well, no body probably cares about this complaint, but i so wish Rockstar would get rid of the reticle while free-aiming with duel wields OR increase damage to other assault rifles because as of right now assault rifles are under-powered and rarely used.

Duel wields are fine damage wise, its just the speed that they move while in free aim makes it very easy to "out strafe" someone who can ONLY aim down his sight for his gun to be accurate (ala assault rifle). It also doesn't help, that alot of the time automatic assault rifles take plenty of bullets to actually kill someone opposed to the 3 bullets that the duel-wield pistols knock ppl down with. The second you press LT with an assault rifle while facing a duel wielder you are doomed because the speed that you move within the Aim down sight is reduced to a crawl, now if duel wield pistols would have to aim-down sites to place mostly accurate shots it would even the playing field.

Inspiration of this rant was drawn from a day of gameplay with the M4 in public free aim matches.

Edited by i fist brown i