PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Guides, Awards and Submissions > Site Awards Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #601
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by datmanydocris View Post
My opinion probably doesn't mean much, but I think it would be a good idea to have awards for membership time on the site. You know, have awards for member for 1 year, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Might as well lit the rest of my ideas here too

Gamerscore milestone awards (10k, 25k,50k, etc) This way you won't have to visit someone's profile page to see around how much G they have.

Can't think of anymore right now, but if I think of any, I will post them.

To expand on Scotty's response, most, if not all of our awards are for participating in the community. Whether by creating content (writing guides, contributing to discussions, etc), completing the challenges laid down by the staff (staff/franchise/challenge clubs, Arcade Crazy and Over Achiever list), or winning tournaments, awards are given out for community things, not necessarily for things that take place entirely off the site.

Your idea does get brought up from time to time, and it does get consideration in some behind the scenes discussions, but it has yet to be put forward in a way that makes sense in a community way. I'm sure it will be considered again at a later date, but for the time being it does not appear to be in the cards.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #602
datmanydocris

DatManYdocris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Both of these ideas have been suggested and subsequently rejected in the past.
Oh well, I tried.

It doesnít matter how many resources you have if you donít know how to use them, they will never be enough. - Unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Let's just say it's pretty big. 3.6km long, 1.9km wide, with an elevation of 862M It's only a tad bigger than my ego actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by datmanydocris View Post
Let's just say my backlog is bigger than Kanye West's Dirty's ego.

Retail Games Perfected: 1
Arcade Games Perfected: 5
datmanydocris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #603
Neverender

Deadpool x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - Neverender   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'd like to suggest a Hack & Slash/Beat 'em Up group of tiered awards. There are a lot of games that fall under that general jurisdiction with a variety of difficulties. Additionally, none of these are in any of the existing challenges*.

*I'm sure a case could be made for something, but I'm not here to debate that, just to make a suggestion

For the title, I dunno. I'm not creative unless it's a pun.

For the games:
Tier 1:
- Castle Crashers
- Conan
- Sacred Citadel (a bit lengthy)
- [One of The Dishwasher games]

- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (note: this is glitchy)

Tier 2:
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance (not difficult, but long - also, there is discontinued DLC, but it's available on disc)
- Darksiders/Darksiders 2 (kind of a stretch, lots of puzzles)
- Bayonetta
- Splatterhouse
- Dante's Inferno

Tier 3:
- Ninja Gaiden 2
- Devil May Cry 4/Devil May Cry HD Collection

- Guilty Gear 2: Overture
- Golden Axe: Beast Rider
- Dynasty Warriors 8

Some notes:
Bold indicates games I think would be great choices.
Some alternatives for non-bold ones (just to give a nice selection for consideration if other people like the idea) - Ninja Gaiden 3, DmC: Devil May Cry, Clash of the Titans, Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion, Knights Contract, Killer is Dead, Ninety-Nine Nights (I or II), X-Blades, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, Charlie Murder, Anarchy Reigns, Altered Beast.

My Staff Club

Last edited by Neverender; 08-25-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Neverender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #604
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverender View Post
*snip*
I like the sound of that club. Don't know how far ahead they are prepared in the castle, but I would love to see a H&S club

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)

If anybody can help me with the 50 challenges on TY, then let me know. I will be so very grateful!
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #605
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I like the idea of a list for that genre, but you could probably take out DW8 and and put another game in there. I think the DW series and its spinoffs could probably be their own franchise club.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #606
Mr Chaotix

Mr Chaotix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Ceris   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
What if we had an award called... Pandamonium!
Basically an award for completing all games with a Panda as the main character
The only games I know of are both Kung Fu Pandas and Roll In The Hole.
It may not be enough for an award, or challenging enough... But Kung Fu Panda 2 can be kinda tough at times.

75,000G - 17/06/2014
Mr Chaotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #607
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
I like the idea of a list for that genre, but you could probably take out DW8 and and put another game in there. I think the DW series and its spinoffs could probably be their own franchise club.

If I had a staff award it would be full of Koei titles. King of Koei.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #608
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Franchise club ideas....because i've got a day off work and i'm bored....

If any of these have been suggested then i apologize in advance.

Death to the Undead! Challenge Club.
All about killing zombies and undead creatures.

Tier 1
Deadlight
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Dead Rising 2: Case West
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
State of Decay + DLC

Tier 2
Dead Island: Riptide
Dead Rising 2
Left 4 Dead 2 + DLC
Resident Evil 6 + DLC
Dead Space 2 + DLC

Tier 3
Dead Island + DLC
Dead Rising
Left 4 Dead + DLC
Resident Evil 4 HD
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (360 or 1)

------------------------------------------------------------

OOH RAH! Challenge club.
All about the multitude of American military shooters

Tier 1
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 + DLC
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier + DLC

Tier 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 + DLC
Battlefield 3 + DLC
Medal of Honor
Homefront

Tier 3
Call of Duty: 4: Modern Warfare
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Battlefield: Bad Company
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Last edited by Scotty; 09-17-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #609
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
snip
Should be Challenge Clubs, not Franchise

Nice ideas though

If anybody can help me with the 50 challenges on TY, then let me know. I will be so very grateful!
Old 09-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #610
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt. View Post
Should be Challenge Clubs, not Franchise

Nice ideas though
Erm...that's what i meant...

Old 09-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #611
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 31 (more» ...)
Did we get a new club this month? Usually they are the 15th right?
Last Achievement : Published - Metro Redux (Xbox One) - 40g
Last 100% Completion : Metro Redux (2000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Xerofox for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #612
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Latest one was the Sonic one but the awards haven't been uploaded yet, so i'm guessing it isn't yet active.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #613
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
I saw that it was the Card & Board franchise club. But it hasn't been posted yet, and it's been 2 days since the date. I'm assuming the club is made, but they aren't posting it for whatever reason. I dunno, I guess we have to wait since there isn't an official word.
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #614
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

I have been poking, but I guess the big reveal will be made soon

Old 09-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #615
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt. View Post
I have been poking, but I guess the big reveal will be made soon
Hmmm.... you make it sounds as if there's something special happening this time? Multiple clubs being released? Maybe it's the 1 year anniversary of the franchise clubs? Maybe I'm over thinking it?
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #616
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Hmmm.... you make it sounds as if there's something special happening this time? Multiple clubs being released? Maybe it's the 1 year anniversary of the franchise clubs? Maybe I'm over thinking it?
I know no more that you regarding this coming club.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #617
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Haha. Such a delight to see this thread.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #618
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 31 (more» ...)
I take it there isn't going to be a club for last month then?
Last Achievement : Published - Metro Redux (Xbox One) - 40g
Last 100% Completion : Metro Redux (2000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Xerofox for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote