Achievement Discussion

Webb

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty good, and not too tough. Yet another game that gives 20 points to all achievements :( . Can't they take the time to be creative with the points, and make the harder ones more worth it.

My daughter should be able to get some of these too. I love to see how excited and happy she gets when it pops up "achievement unlocked" .

a little off-topic.... I am getting tired of all the secret achievements. I know they are there to be a supprise or to keep things about the game secret, but they end up being uncovered before most people get them anyways. I thought the original point of the achievements were to be able to compare with or show others what you were able to accomplish in a game. How do you do that when you can't see what was completed to begin with because it has a big ? mark. I hate it when I look at a friends game played to see what they have been able to accomplish and all I get is it's a Secret.:mad:

a little off-topic.... I am getting tired of all the secret achievements. I know they are there to be a supprise or to keep things about the game secret, but they end up being uncovered before most people get them anyways. I thought the original point of the achievements were to be able to compare with or show others what you were able to accomplish in a game. How do you do that when you can't see what was completed to begin with because it has a big ? mark. I hate it when I look at a friends game played to see what they have been able to accomplish and all I get is it's a Secret.:mad:

Totally agree with you they were ok at first but now they're stupid. The most I hate is secrets nobody finds (everyparty) because what's the point of an achievement if nobody gets it?

As for Viva's achievements I think they're quite easy looking but no idea about the secret ones!

Like quite Easy, other than the fact that you get the same amount of points for doing 10x the work for some achievements, and secret achievements do suck, For example with Quake 4. A couple, or most people have an achievemnt that they are proud of and takes a very long time, and they cant exactly prove it to a non-beleiver, for example playing 1,000 ranked matches... Booo!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, there are 6 upgrades, 3 from Costalots and three more from Ivor.

Tin, bronze, gold

Glass, Everwater, One-pour wonder

if you buy the gold, the tin and bronze will be "bought" and same for the everwater or one-pour wonder.

@ Kam, with the everwater, it keeps your plants at watering level 6 or 7 or something, even if it is higher, it will go down a bit.

With the one-pour, you only have to ever water a plant once, and forget about it!

Well, I figured this out by mistake, and I havn't seen anyone else post it, so here it is. Usually, if you just let the controller idle, you'll get a request of some sort which will stop the clock. Also, if the controller turns off, it'll pause the game. Well, here's what I did:

Go To Costolot's Store

Pick a Product, any product, and go to the product placement screen, but don't actually place the product, just leave it up on the screen.

Go watch TV, eat dinner, go to sleep whatever.

I'm currently at work, and it's on it's 15th hour running. I've tried this before, and when I come back to the game after cancelling out of the store, every alert from before jumps by on the screen, but it never paused, EVEN when the contoller idled out.

Just an idea...

I am a little confused on this, I am sure that I have romanced at least 5 species- the ants, the whirlms, the sparrowmints, the fly dudes, and the butterflies and haven't gotten the Romancer achievement. Did I miss something?

Also, anywhere to find out which species I have romanced?

I am a little confused on this, I am sure that I have romanced at least 5 species- the ants, the whirlms, the sparrowmints, the fly dudes, and the butterflies and haven't gotten the Romancer achievement. Did I miss something?

Also, anywhere to find out which species I have romanced?

For the achievement you have to Master Romance 5 species, that means have 7 generations of that animal in your garden at once. To easily get it, romance two of a species, then once the egg arrives have them eat romance candy then romance again. Do this six times per species.

To check on species, go to Menu>Journal>Player Awards>Pinata Awards. Here you can see what you've done with each animal. (Only animals that you've attracted will actually show up in the list)