Not good..not good at all

J0kerr2012

All game reviews are purely opinions. So they are completely irrelevant to me. The only time I watch them/read them is if I've never heard of a game before and want to see some of the gameplay. I'm personally enjoying the content. It's definitely worth $5 to someone like me that enjoys role playing my character. It's also very useful for players like myself that have amassed a massive collection of rare items they want to display and store. It's not as good as a full on expansion obviously. But it was never meant to be. At the end of the day it's cheap and serves a useful purpose for the people that want it.

And this is totally random, but I absolutely love the bard in my main house. (Lakeview Manor) He has a beautiful singing voice. And his new song "A Tale of Tongues" is simply gorgeous. It's my favorite song in this game by far at this point. I wish I could put him on permanent repeat to sing that whenever I'm in the house. :p

Just my opinions.

To be honest, while I did like the DLC for 400 MSP, delivery and quality-wise it isn't really all that. The main reason being most of us have beaten the game already, and some have gotten all the Achievements. The DLC requires time and investment to be enjoyed, and in my opinion something best released during the first 3 months upon release of the game.

By the time you're pretty much done with Skyrim, it will be pointless for some people to invest in another home, when the one you have in Whiterun pretty much does the job admirably.

My 2 cents.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim---hearthfire/critic-reviews

Looks like fanboys are the only ones that wanted to play house :eek:

Oh, I'm sorry that I enjoy the relatively inexpensive DLC, to further my game play in a game I thoroughly enjoy. I completely forgot we are not allowed to do that. Darn it all, now I'm a fanboy. For shame.

I'll remind you the next time you feel the need to buy all the call of duty DLC.

I used to listen to reviews hardcore until Mass Effect 3 came out with that ending debacle. And all the reviewers defended it to the end. So i use it as a base but not the sole reason for purchase.

I have a couple problems with this (mainly relating to glitches) but I thought i could build all the wings on 1 house which was a let down.

This dlc is not without it's flaws, and frankly, I was hoping it would be a little more polished, but still, everything it gives you for only 400msp? It's a steal. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Bottom line: The last thing I care about when making up my mind about a game or dlc is someone's opinion, good or bad. I seriously couldn't give less of a fuck. If I like it, I like it. If it's garbage, it's garbage. I don't need someone else's validation to guide me along my path to gaming enlightenment.

I never worry about other's opinions on something like this. Not everyone has the same taste in games or movies, so why should I listen to someone who isn't me? I bought the points as soon as I found out about Hearthfire, and my roommate downloaded it the second he was able to get it bought and downloaded. I guess with so many getting it at once it caused some problems at first.

As others have said, there are a few things I'm disappointed about. Had hoped to get some new interactions with my spouse, and maybe the chance to change his clothes. Poor Angrenor really likes his beggars rags I guess. But, from an RP perspective it's great. My husband and I are in a nice house with our two newly adopted children, and we have our steward and bard to keep everyone company, plus our pet Skeever. This DLC has given me some ideas for art, and as soon as my new eraser comes in the mail I'm going to start drawing.

Had hoped to get some new interactions with my spouse, and maybe the chance to change his clothes. Poor Angrenor really likes his beggars rags I guess. But, from an RP perspective it's great. My husband and I are in a nice house with our two newly adopted children, and we have our steward and bard to keep everyone company, plus our pet Skeever. This DLC has given me some ideas for art, and as soon as my new eraser comes in the mail I'm going to start drawing.

That sounds like me, except I wait until Ysolde and the kids are to bed and then I break into my chest full of ales, wines, and moon sugar. It makes the Bard sound better. :D

I also agree with you that it would have been pretty cool to get some new interactions with the spouse.

I was in a supermarket the other day and randomally decided I wanted to try papaya. My friends who were with me said they tasted awful and I shouldn't waste my time. I brought one anyway and tried it later that day. Papaya is the greatest tasting fruit I have ever eaten.

Judge everything on other peoples opinions and you'll find you're missing out on a lot.

I was in a supermarket the other day and randomally decided I wanted to try papaya. My friends who were with me said they tasted awful and I shouldn't waste my time. I brought one anyway and tried it later that day. Papaya is the greatest tasting fruit I have ever eaten.

Judge everything on other peoples opinions and you'll find you're missing out on a lot.

Agreed! I enjoy reading reviews such as in my GI but never base what I will like on them. Even if 95% of are saying a game is bad I will still try it.

Sure, it is a little out of place (As stated above, most of us have finished the game already). I enjoyed it....Cost me the price of a single beer at the local pub.

Also, there is only 11 critics, and 28 user reviews...(At the time of this posting) on Metacritic....Whoopty shit. I never really listen to reviews anyways.

And yeah, the OP is probably a Troll....

Anyways...Peace!

if you have invsted a lot of time into the game and own all the houses then this will be a massive waste of time for you

however if you are just picking up the game now, it's new and you like to build up all aspects of your character you will love it

for me the timing of the release was stupid, and it should have been saved for the next elder scrolls, or been in the game from the beginning IMO. After putting in 300+ hours into this game, owning 5 houses and having a dead wife the DLC was a massive waste of time for me and i couldn't get any enjoyment from playing the "family man"

I wonder if Hearthfire will ever go on sale one day for 200msp or so. Maybe then I'll buy it, but I don't find Hearthfire worth the money. I'm happy enough with Proudspire Manor in Solitude.

Has Dawnguard been on sale before? I doubt Hearthfire will follow suit until Dawnguard has done so.

if you have invsted a lot of time into the game and own all the houses then this will be a massive waste of time for you

however if you are just picking up the game now, it's new and you like to build up all aspects of your character you will love it

for me the timing of the release was stupid, and it should have been saved for the next elder scrolls, or been in the game from the beginning IMO. After putting in 300+ hours into this game, owning 5 houses and having a dead wife the DLC was a massive waste of time for me and i couldn't get any enjoyment from playing the "family man"

Could always start a new character and do it all together. I didn't start my second when this came out but started one shortly before, so I was able to do a lot of it all at once. I'm glad it came out for this game, even if it wasn't at the beginning. Since getting Hearthfire I've gotten a lot of ideas for art and little stories to go with said art, that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. I've drawn more in the last three days than I have all the rest of this year, all because of Hearthfire.

Could always start a new character and do it all together. I didn't start my second when this came out but started one shortly before, so I was able to do a lot of it all at once. I'm glad it came out for this game, even if it wasn't at the beginning. Since getting Hearthfire I've gotten a lot of ideas for art and little stories to go with said art, that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. I've drawn more in the last three days than I have all the rest of this year, all because of Hearthfire.

I have played this game too much already my real life family will leave me if I put many more hours into it. I think my wife is already jealous about how much time I spend with Aola. I had too many problems with this dlc to want to do it again. I had to reload a previous save to get the option to buy all the land and my game froze every time I went into one of my houses. Proudspire Manor is still IMO better than any house you can build anyway. What was missing though was the option to furnish the houses you already own because building a smeltor and a forge in proudspire would be awesome. I also found it incredibly annoying when I was living in my new built house is every time I fast travelled there bandits were attacking it and Aola got kidnapped twice so I had to keep going to rescue her. The dlc was horrible but if in the game from the beginning my opinion would definitely be very different

Edited by cheeky 315

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the reviews are probably right really, theres a lot missing from it taht shpould have been in it like you cant actually place things yourself or choose where to build anything etc which takes away from the whole "build your own house" idea since you cant actually build your on house just choose from a small list of pre built options

and some things that are there are annoying as hell like how you can only buy lumber a bit at a time rather than have a simple slider to buy a load at once....

but all the problems aside... its cheap as hell so its not like theyre trying to charge a load for it

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim---hearthfire/critic-reviews

Looks like fanboys are the only ones that wanted to play house :eek:

Everybody is a fanboy. If you are a fan of something you are a fanboy. How is that something that is bad? Decorating your houses is a big part of TES. Many people enjoy it and now Bethesda gave us the option to build houses instead of buying them. What not to like for $5? Go somewhere else and eat goat or maybe just got get drunk like the trolls in The Witcher 2.

the reviews are probably right really, theres a lot missing from it taht shpould have been in it like you cant actually place things yourself or choose where to build anything etc which takes away from the whole "build your own house" idea since you cant actually build your on house just choose from a small list of pre built options

and some things that are there are annoying as hell like how you can only buy lumber a bit at a time rather than have a simple slider to buy a load at once....

but all the problems aside... its cheap as hell so its not like theyre trying to charge a load for it

[sarcasm=this]Yeah reviews are always dead on.[/sarcasm] You do "build your own house" in the Hearthfire DLC. You gather the supplies and craft them at the workbench and they get placed in the house. This is how things are built/crafted in Skyrim. Are you buying the house from someone else? Is anyone else building it? Within the world of Skyrim that IS building your own house opposed to buying one.

I fail to see how what is included isn't building your own house. How would placing the furniture exactly where you want it make the experience any closer to "building your own house"? In Skyrim you can't move furniture around so what would make you think you could in this? I didn't see that in any trailer.

FYI this DLC delivered exactly what it was supposed to so that makes the reviews wrong. For $5 what more do you want? This isn't The Sims. Did you expect it to be? BTW it's a game so your not "building your own house" anyway.

Edited by rapture23