Will there be a disk version?

Robert999220

There's not going to be a retail version outside of Japan. Apparently you can only buy it at a Capcom store there. Maybe if it sells well enough, Capcom will release a retail version outside of Japan, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I didn't want to buy it digitally, either. But I noticed you could buy it with points and not use your card, so I went ahead and bought it, anyway.

At least the Japanese version isn't too expensive to import compared to most games (play-asia it's only $46.90 for the Asia version and $53.99 Japanese)

Biohazard Revival Selection - Asia

Biohazard Revival Selection - Japanese

I was thinking about picking up the Japanese version, but does anyone know if the achievements are stackable?

A friend of mine googled it 2-3 days ago and found a PAL rip, so he asked me too, if there is a disk version.

I knew from the beginning that there is no disk version, but now i am unsure, because of the PAL Version. :confused:

This is just a guess, but since all Games on Demand games were originally on disks, Capcom probably had to create a disk for RE4 and submit it to MS to load on to Games on Demand, even though they had no intention of releasing it at retail. Somebody probably just got a hold of the original master disk.

Hi guys ,i know what u guys feel.

I am a Resident Evil Veteran since 12 years and hell yeah i want to get RE4 HD and Code Veronica HD too but only as Disc Edition.

I didn`t buy it yet ,i am waiting and hoping for a disc edition too like u guys.

And you know ,capcom tries to sell 1 product 3 times.

Like they did it with RE5 , Re5 normal edition > RE DLCs > RE Gold Edition.

Street Fighter > Super Street Fighter > Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition DLC > SUper Street Fighter Arcade Edition Disc Edition,

There are lot of other games i could write here but that should be enough to make me hope.

So they could possibly make a Disc Edition too about RE4 and RE CVX HD.

I was thinking about getting the japanese edition of this game and i am not worried about the language ,cause i could play this game without my eyes,

but i am more worried about the mercenaries mode and seperate ways mission with ada wong.

I think i heard some rumors that there is no mercenaries in the japanese edition but i can`t believe that.

I want this game definately as a disc ,i will wait for like 6 months ,its ok ,cause there will be so many good games to play ,so its ok. :)

This is just a guess, but since all Games on Demand games were originally on disks, Capcom probably had to create a disk for RE4 and submit it to MS to load on to Games on Demand, even though they had no intention of releasing it at retail. Somebody probably just got a hold of the original master disk.

Um, no. All Games on Demand were originally on disc because few developers went straight to GoD. It's not any more complicated than that, there's no secret rule or precedent saying there needs to be a disc. Microsoft doesn't rip the stuff from the disc anyways...that doesn't even remotely make sense. They get the data straight from developers.

So there is no "master copy" and the PAL rip came just from the GoD data. To "rip" data doesn't mean a disc has to be involved.

Besides, Resident Evil isn't the first title to do a GoD release in other regions. Deathsmiles II X was only released retail in Japan, but got a GoD release in North America.

And you know ,capcom tries to sell 1 product 3 times.

Like they did it with RE5 , Re5 normal edition > RE DLCs > RE Gold Edition.

Street Fighter > Super Street Fighter > Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition DLC > SUper Street Fighter Arcade Edition Disc Edition,

You're kidding...right? Right? You genuinely think Capcom wanted you to buy RE5, the DLC, then get the Gold Edition?

A ton of games have a retail release, then release DLC, then release a disc version with DLC. Dragon Age, Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto IV, Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Two Worlds II. All of those, different developers. COME ON.

And for Arcade Edition, the DLC was for people with SSFIV, and the disc version of AE was for people (like me) that didn't have SSFIV. They didn't release the Arcade Edition DLC then expect people to get the disc too.

You're beyond pulling at straws to make Capcom seem evil.

Edited by Veedrock

@Veedrock: All i know about capcom is ,that they are trying to sell one fucking product 3 times.

I didn`t say its "bad" what they do ,i just wanted to make hope for a disc edition.

I mean if they sell one product so many times ,they could release a disc edition of RE4 HD too ,wheres the problem ,they did it with so many xbox games.

So what im trying to say is ,i wouldn`t be suprised if they would release a disc edition.

Edited by Dark Anaconda

They better not! I much prefer to have it on disc but I've already bought it on GoD because I LOVE Resident Evil and really wanted to play it again and I would be pissed if it then came out on disc later. I suppose there will be other people like me and Capcom will be aware of the backlash they would get if they now released it on disc.

In all honesty I bet they have all moved on from these GoD releases; The games are released, they work, Capcom are getting money - why would they be thinking "oh wait we should release it on disc"

• 2 months later...

This is disappointing. I didn't even know Resident Evil 4/CV were available for the 360 at all! I thought we would hear about them in the same manner as the DMC and SH HD releases... but I guess those aren't getting a disc version either which is a big let down.

I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing trend. I still only have a 20GB HDD for my 360 and downloading titles like this eats up my space. Guess I'll be looking at an upgrade soon.

This is disappointing. I didn't even know Resident Evil 4/CV were available for the 360 at all! I thought we would hear about them in the same manner as the DMC and SH HD releases... but I guess those aren't getting a disc version either which is a big let down.

I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing trend. I still only have a 20GB HDD for my 360 and downloading titles like this eats up my space. Guess I'll be looking at an upgrade soon.

the others are getting disc versions, just not res evil... which sucks coz i hate downloads for full games

• 3 weeks later...
A disc release would be nice. A seven disc box set with remastered sound and graphics for the entire series, maybe with a disc of bonus content and some badass packaging. I can't even describe how much money I'd drop for a set like that.

Haha amen. I wouldn't care how much man. That would be a piece for any true fan. Maybe if thousands of people beg for it... They'll make it lol. We can only hope though.